ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Online Dating Scam
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:38 pm 

I was contacted by someone a few days ago (mind you!) off a dating website using the email account emmaculate101@yahoo.com and the many red flags (for one, I could tell English wasn't his first language, yet he claimed it was) led me to search the net for his name and email address. Needless to say, I was led here. He was such a sweet talker (he used one of, if not the best, lines I've ever heard)! He also claims to be looking for "a Godly woman" (unfortunately, in other words, someone that will trust him).
Anonymous wrote:
bryan cole wright's yahoo id is emmaculate101 @yahoo.com beware of this ID
Anonymous wrote:
a guy named bryan cole wright off millionairematch.com tried to scam me with the same check scheme. however the bank recognized the counterfeit check in the ammt of 25,000.00 right away. be careful out there!!!! :shock:
periopreventer wrote:
I too was scammed by a guy from Lagos, Nigeria. He contacted me through cupid.com. He said his name was Kenny Smith, Kenny Smith Cole. This guy sent me online checks, supposedly from his company, one to the checks cleared the bank, so I thought it was legitimate, however, shortly after wiring the money, the bank came back on me. I was only in it for $5000.00, which is alot of money. However, I recently recieved 5 more checks, totalling about $12000.00 that he assured me were good. He is still asking me to cash the checks and wire him the money. I believe his real name is Chenuda Nwatu. I have his phone number, and address, but doubt if that is going to help. I had no idea that you could go on the internet and print a check, but this guy has bank account numbers, bank names, etc of people. I also recieved three packages addressed to him that were all credit card frauds, I have sent the packages back, and called the companies. Beware of internet checks, they really look authentic.

Post subject: Re: Online Dating Scam
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:38 am 

He also goes by Michael Wright. He's still using the same email address today, too.
Anonymous wrote:
bryan cole wright's yahoo id is emmaculate101 @yahoo.com beware of this ID
Anonymous wrote:
a guy named bryan cole wright off millionairematch.com tried to scam me with the same check scheme. however the bank recognized the counterfeit check in the ammt of 25,000.00 right away. be careful out there!!!! :shock:
periopreventer wrote:
I too was scammed by a guy from Lagos, Nigeria. He contacted me through cupid.com. He said his name was Kenny Smith, Kenny Smith Cole. This guy sent me online checks, supposedly from his company, one to the checks cleared the bank, so I thought it was legitimate, however, shortly after wiring the money, the bank came back on me. I was only in it for $5000.00, which is alot of money. However, I recently recieved 5 more checks, totalling about $12000.00 that he assured me were good. He is still asking me to cash the checks and wire him the money. I believe his real name is Chenuda Nwatu. I have his phone number, and address, but doubt if that is going to help. I had no idea that you could go on the internet and print a check, but this guy has bank account numbers, bank names, etc of people. I also recieved three packages addressed to him that were all credit card frauds, I have sent the packages back, and called the companies. Beware of internet checks, they really look authentic.

Post subject: Cherry Blossoms Inc - Scam Alert!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:27 am 
Hi All,

My name is Samuel Delpinta, an international consultant and online scam investigator. Thanks so much for all your postings here, it assists me a lot in my research.

I just wanted to advise you of Cherry Blossoms Inc, a scam website run by Mr. Mike Krosky, focusing mainly on Philippine girls, but has some female profiles around the globe. This business is actually around 30 years old, and it's leader has become fat from the proceeds, and it seems a little insane.

I didn't want to gatecrash this party, but if any of you have insight or stories about this website or its pathetic owner, please post it on this website at:

http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/vie ... =8921#8921

Thank you and good luck fighting scams.

Samuel Delpinta :twisted:

Post subject: :!: SCAM ATTEMPTED BUT FAILED :!:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:07 pm 

IVE BEEN READINGALLTHE POSTS HERE AND FIND EERIE SIMILARITIES..I NEVER KNEW THIS WAS SUCH A PROBLEM...I WAS A POTENTIAL VICTIM BUT GOT SUSPICIOUS RATHER QUICKLY...THE GIRL U HAVE BEEN TALKIN ABOUT NOW HAS A NEW ID LILIANHASTRUP@YAHOO.COM...BUT THE PICS ARE ALL THE SAME AS PROVIDED INSOME OF THE LINKS FROM U GUYS

HERES A FEW EXAMPLES OF SOME EMAILS I GOT FROM HER:

lilian hastrup to me
More options Jul 29 (6 days ago)

Dear love,
The first time we were introduced over the computer, I knew you were the one for me. The first hello and the first goodbye we both knew. It has been a little over 5 hrs, and we are still fondly in each other's minds, souls, and hearts. Before I met you I had no idea what love really was until my heart truly started aching for you. Every mins we did not chat, and each time i think we far apart, tears ran down my face unconditionally for the longing of you near me. I never knew a man could have stolen my heart and made it truly his. I never knew I could love a man more then my own life. I long for the day I can finally look into your beautiful soft kind eyes and tell you how much I love you, and need you. The true beginning of my life is when i will be in your house . , and all my dreams are finally coming true. I don't know about all of yours? Seeing you every day is going to be the biggest blessing to my heart knowing you are in touching reach of me, which does scare me, however in a wonderful way. You are my every heartbeat, my every gasping breathe of life. What I need to survive and make it through this lonely world can only be conquered with you by my side. I do not think there are any words that could describe the way I actually feel about you. All I know, is you, dear king, are the only man that is in my mind, the only man that is in my soul,

the only man who truly and unconditionally has my heart for my lifetime and many more lifetimes the world has to offer us. When I think about you, my eyes start to water because I know you are somewhere else and not in my arms. But the thought of you keeps me going and going for another breathe of fresh air to keep my longing for you in my life going. I will never leave, and I will truly never hurt you. I admire you. You are my inspiration for anything, and everything on this cold damp earth. I never thought my time would come to love, and then it came and I was hit with so much emotion and power I did not know where to put it all. I have stacked it piece by piece in my heart for you. I truly believe you are my soul mate, and you are the only man I will only give all I have to offer forever. I hope you never let go of me because I love you, and I know you love me too as much as I love you. Just the thought of you brightens my day completely, and sometimes I do bring you there on purpose to make myself happy when I am down. Picturing your smile makes me smile, and I cannot wait to actually see that adoring man I know with the unforgettable smile I know so soon. I treasure you locked in the big steel safe of my heart. I love you, sweetheart, and that is the only thing that is never going to change in my life. Always, and truly yours forever.

LILIAN

lilian hastrup to me
More options Jul 31 (4 days ago)

Dear my love ,

You just don't know how much I love you. You are the best man any woman could ever ask for.It is you who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I, one day, wish to have your children. You just don't understand how much I adore you, appreciate you, admire you, trust you, respect you, and over all love you.
I believe this is it, you are the one for me. Being away from you drives me crazy and makes me want to be with you right at this very instant. I just think of this separation as a test. I can deal with it. If this is what it takes to be with you then I will go through it. Well, are you tired, are you ok?' and lots of questions like these I always ask you. Not because I just want to ask or curious, but every question comes from inside of my heart. I know we are so far apart from each other and I try so much to be with you. I know, this is so hard but nothing on earth can make me loose my true love for you.
Although we've never met in person, I still really love you. I don't know when I started to love you, it started with sending e-mails and chatting with you everymins wishing you a good morning and good night with a lot of feeling in them. Then, some mins ago, I found myself loving you and couldn't stop this feeling. Just you knowing me more and more each day and how you understand me in everything, that's why I love you more and more. Every time you say hi, you brighten my life.
The distance is our problem but if we look at it in a different view, we will know this is the thing that can prove our true love. It's not so long, M. D., every dream will be come true and we will smile with a tear of happiness together when we talk about the past, in our house with our little kids that you told me you want to have with me... , and your smile. I will wait for the day we are together and I hope you will wait for me. dear my love I want everyone to know that I love you with all my heart and all my soul. You make me feel like I can fly. I'm in love with you even though I am thousands of miles away from you; I am forever by your side.
You have imperfections just like everyone else, but that is why I love you. You make me laugh; you make me cry tears of joy. I truly could not live my life without having you to talk to and to confide in. You will know more about me than anyone, you will know my thoughts, and you will know my heart inside and out. You will have a way of making my heart skip a beat, and I want you and the whole world to know, that I love you, king, and I will be forever yours. Thank you for showing me what kind of love all women deserve.
I love you with all of my heart.

Your boo

lilian

HELLO LOVE,WHY IS IT THAT U HAVE NOT BEING ONLINE FOR SOME DAYS NOW.I LOVE YOU AND I ALSO MISS YOU.
HONEY,A CLIENT OF MY COMPANY HIS MAKING SOME PAYMENTS AND HIS PAYING THROUGH CHEQUES,SO I GAVE HIM UR ADDRESS JUST BECAUSE I TRUST YOU THAT HE SHOULD SEND THE CHEQUES TO YOU SO THAT YOU CAN HELP ME CASH IT.ALL U NEED TO DO IS TO SIGN ON THE SPACE PROVIDED ON THE CHEQUES AND THEN BACK DATE THE CHEQUES TO 3RD OF JULY 2006,JUST BECAUSE HE OUGHT TO HAVE MADE THE PAYMENT ALONG TIME AGO.TAKE THE CHEQUE TO THE BANK OR TO ANY CASH POINT CLOSE TO YOU AND YOU WILL BE GIVING DOLLARS EQUIVALENT TO THE CHEQUES.I DONT WANT YOU TO MAKE A MISTAKE ANY MISTAKE,BECAUSE I NEED THE MONEY TO SETTLE SOME BILLS AND TO GET MYSELF A TICKET SO THAT WE CAN BE TOGETHER AND SPEND SOMETIME TOGETHER BEFORE I GO BACK TO WORK.I WANT YOU TO INFORM ME AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CHEQUES AND I WILL GIVE YOU ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I WANT YOU TO SEND THE MONEY TO MY COMPANY ACCOUNTANT,
NAME: OJO MICHEAL
ADDRESS:1 ALARA STREET,SABO,NIGERIA
TEXT QUESTION:WHAT IS MY NAME
ANSWER:LILIAN

LOVE YOU

AND THIS WAS MY REPLY TO HER:

y would u put me in this kind of position...1st of all this doesnt even sound remotely legal...not to mention the fact that this is certainly no way to conduct a professional business transaction...its illeagal to change dates on a check and also to post date a check...if it was that important then im sure your boss could have done it for you or the customer could have gone to his bank...makes no sense to send it halfway across the world to have me cash it...you could have had him wire transfer the money into your account...thats easier and instant...for all i know the checks could have been stolen or forged...at the very lest its a highly irregular way to conduct business and totally unneccessary...if i receive the checks i will be sending them back to the return address...if there is no address ill e-mail u once to get one...if i hear nothing they will be thrown out...i am sorry but thats the only thing i can do...and if this is a legal transaction u should have at least asked me 1st...however i believe the answer would be the same...im sorry if this causes you problems but it just does not sound right to me

TOWHICH SHE ANSWERED:

lilian hastrup to me
More options 4:34 am (9 hours ago)

hello love,you are getting me wrong,its very legal ad genuine.how could you say such a mess to me.you mean i can do you any arm.i love you babee and i cant watch you been armed.if its the date that is making you feel otherwise you can write the present date that u receive the cheques,i can never pay you with evil,the payment was meant to have been done since 3 of july 2006 and thats why i ask u to backdate it btu if u feels that backdating the cheques will make this transaction illegal then u can just sign on it and write the date you received the cheques on it and then take it to a cash point or your bank.Am sure if thr cheques are not real your bank will confirm it and if its real they will do the same but i just want to let you know that i cant do you any arm and this transaction is legal,if u are saying thats the transaction is illegal that means u dont love and u dont need me and all u have been saying to me all these while is nothing but a lie.i would have ask him to wire the money into my companys account but NIGERIA is very undevelop and there is no way i can receive the money here and the client he dosent have time to go and send the money through western union money transfer that was why i ask him to send it to you and then u can help me cash it.and i believe that u can do anything for me cos i trusted you and thats why i have confidence in you.Let me know your opinion and i want you to know that i can never make any illegal transactions with you.i love you babee.cant wait to hear from you and to be with you.love you
kiss kiss
lilian

SOI SENT HER THIS AND HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HER SINCE:

Alan Cort to lilian
More options 1:42 pm (20 minutes ago)

im sorry...but if you doubt my belief in you that thisisgenuine...please look at the following links to web sites...and there are thousands more...about 50,000 more

http://www.fraudguides.com/nigerian_email_scam2.asp
http://www.fraudaid.com/ScamSpeak/Nigerian/index.htm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8171053/page/2/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_f ... eck_system

oh ya and a few of my personal favorites thati came accross...any1 familiar looking????????
http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/fraud58.htm
http://www.focushawaii.com/model-talent/Annie/Annie.htm

heres a list of your other profiles...
http://profiles.yahoo.com/elina4gary1
http://profiles.yahoo.com/annie1k1
http://profiles.yahoo.com/anita_4real007
http://profiles.yahoo.com/margret_jones2003
http://profiles.yahoo.com/lynda_love09
http://profiles.yahoo.com/annie_smith204
http://profiles.yahoo.com/nolly_love1900
http://profiles.yahoo.com/marynicon_0007
http://profiles.yahoo.com/beutyluvs_121
http://profiles.yahoo.com/princesseny2003
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Lindamartins82

oh ya by the way...the United States Secret Service and the FBI also have files on you...at least thats what they told me when i emailed them copies of all the information i had on u, including the recorded conversations we had...ya they were all recorded from the start...and interestingly enough there are actually several more sites on the net that list you as a nigerian scammer...but the thing i like about this whole experience the most is that your lilian hastrup name wasnt listed...the agents were very happy to add that to thier list since it was newer than the others...i dont expect to hear from u again now that youve been discovered.

heres a list of some ip addresses that you have used...since youre not too good with english ill explain what an ip address is...its the location on the internet of your computer and thru that can be traced your ACTUAL location...where u live...who u are...even a phone number...at least thats what the secret service and FBI agents told me...good luck in trying to not get caught as i understand the nigerian authorities also have a file on u...im sure they are less friendly than the USA officials...i understand they have no sympathy for your kind and the penalties are pretty severe...lol
IP address: 196.3.60.17, or 80.231.4.10, or 84.254.189.37, or 196.3.62.4, or 80.179.249.44, or 81.23.193.89, or 196.207.8.194, or 62.56.129.237, or 81.199.7.6 , or 213.185.113.44, or 81.199.1.82

SORRY IF THIS POST IS TOO LARGE BUT I THINK ITS ALL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE HELPFUL WHEN SHE TRIES THIS AGAIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:27 pm 

SHE ALSO SAID SHE WAS FROM ALBANY NY AND WAS A MODEL AND ALSO WORKED FOR A MARKETING COMPANY

Post subject: Re: match.com scam?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:11 pm 

I wasted time on the same individual on Match.com as shylady009. I started emailing the same email address shypearls1967@yahoo.com (and shypearls1967@hotmail)and she fell in love with me within 3 emails... right! Then the other shoe dropped about a week later (I was doubtful all along) and I got and email "I have a problem!" Let me guess... NO MONEY. Says she has some blank 3rd party checks and money orders, and would send them for me to cash, and then send money back to cover her bills. She was trying to hit me up for $1500. Too bad you try and be sincere and truly meet someone... only to be taken advantage of. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is! Beware of Stella Tomoh, a hot scammer!

[quote="beernutt5045"]there is a "girl" i am talking to on match. her name is kindheart203. "her"
yahoo thing is shypearls. "she" says her real name is Stella Tomoh. she is currently in ikeja, nigeria. she is saying she needs $600 so that she can send me $6,500 in money orders that she had with her when she was here in the states. she says there are no names on them so that i could cash them and then wire her money for a plane ticket to come here. the $600 would pay for her outstanding hotel bills and some food. supposedly i can't talk to her on the phone. she gave me the name of a guy that works at the hotel. i am supposed to send him the money and he will give it to her. also her pictures look like a little too nice. like studio prints. i think i am being scammed. i wanted to see if you all had any thoughts?
i haven't sent any money yet.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:15 am 

You are being scammed, don't send any money to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm 

You people will probley get a kick out of this but I was sent one of these emails through Match.com and thought it was just too good to be true. This is the text of her email.

I just checked ur profile and i liked it so i thot i should reply... Actually, I got your words and it really impressed me so much, well, I just wanted to let you know the kind of person I am, I am a lady that is in need of real and perfect love, I need a man that can take me through, see , I have been hurt so many times by different men and wouldn't want that to happen to me again.....thats the reason why I said that I need love.... I am far from a millionaire and am not out for anything but love from someone. Having someone that loves you and supports you in your life through good and bad times and won't give up on you is what I am looking for. Honesty and trust are what makes a relationship work. I prefer to watch a movie or attend the theater rather than read a novel. I also enjoy travel, experiencing different geographies and people. My eyes are brown, and I have fair brown skin. I do not smoke. I do drink on social occasions.i graduated in business administration in UK... Bcos i was brought up by mom there...... well Concerning sexuality, I am not a promiscuous woman. My desire is to be sexually faithful to the man I marry. If two people love each other and will communicate what they like and do not like about their partner's sexual behavior, I believe many problems can be resolved. Moreover, I am currently working on my own cos i had to try something else after i lost almost all i had to my last relationship..i just got into the business of collecting antiques...it is a nice thing to do..i buy and sell antiques and well i am on a trip to get some antiques in AFRICA here..it aint fun anyway but i will be back home soon to the United States very soon, hope to hear back from you Remember, I need real love..i dont play games and i aint ready to be played....i got yahoo IM...we can get to chat there live..my IM name is {cyntbak232@yahoo.com} address is {cyntbak232} add me to ur buddy list so we can chat live You can install yahoo messanger for free so we can get to chat on there live to exchange eachother feelings..........i also write poems in my spare time
ur#1 Fan distance is not a problem..if i find the right MAN..i dont mind relocating... i have relocated before when i was in love..i dont mind during it again as long as i find the right man..
i am a very honest and truthful woman..i hate lies and deceit..
i want real love..
if u aint ready for what i said...please dont hit me back..
i am getting too old to play games..
i am a very busy one...lol..very independent...i got a few question for you....
how long have u been on the site?you got kids?ever married?what do u do for a living?what do u do for fun?
what are your favorite dishes...?? what interest you in my profile???
c ya....

Cynthia...

I did set up an IM account to communicate with her in the hopes that just maybe it is for real but am just waiting for her to ask for a CC or something along those lines. As you can tell I was suspicious enough to surf for match.com scams and ran across this site and thread. I did not read all the posts in this tread (there a lot of them). If I leave this account up is there somewhere that I can report her to so that they can trace her (or him) and stop her or should I just close it off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:25 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

kingbryan2 wrote:
If I leave this account up is there somewhere that I can report her to so that they can trace her (or him) and stop her or should I just close it off?

Once "she" starts asking you for money you could report her to match.com, but I am going to guess that they will just close her account and she will open another one . . . I wish that they would block the IP address instead of just shutting down the account.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: match scam
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:22 pm 

Hi, I've been contacted by a "woman" from match who says she's in the UK working but lives in Adelaide. My friend warned me about a scam going on and I'm just a little suspicous. I tried checking out the match profiles that you guys have listed but they're all gone. Can someone have a look at http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5169384 and tell me if its the same photo that you've been sent? I suspect its too good to be true, but would like to know for sure either way. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: match scam
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:15 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

ronr wrote:
I suspect its too good to be true, but would like to know for sure either way.

They can change the names or pictures in the scams easily . . . you will know for sure that it is a scam if she asks you to send her money, or if she asks if she can have merchandise that she ordered shipped to your house (this will be merchandise that has been purchased with stolen CC#'s . . . Dateline just did a HUGE story on this scam)

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch