ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Phil Knots - wealthy engineer with son with brain cancer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am 

I have just been scammed for FOUR WEEKS. I am a smart South African that knows Nigerian scammers - this guy is a PRO. He had me going until the end. His stories checked out all along the way. This is a smart and well thought out script.

Here it is - warn your friends!

He poses as Phil Knots philknots@ymail.com - he may have many other names and is doing this to several women.

He chatted with me on yahoo chat saying his blackberry had an antivirus so we couldnt use skype. We chatted for 2 hours at a time - nothing seemed wrong. He sent me pictures.

It goes something like this:

He is an American engineer living in London for the last year, he is a son of a former ambassador to SA and Switzerland and moved around a lot. Originally from Brooklyn but his accent is mangled. He knows Johannesburg and Geneva - two places I have lived and worked in. He could not have known about Geneva.

Why? They tell you this so that you are not suspicious of the accent and the grammar. I have lived around the world this man has a Brooklyn accent mixed with who knows what.

His English is good, spelling almost always perfect - grammar a bit off but not apparent. He sounds like one of my French friends when they write. No obvious warning signs.

He works as a consultant for an offshore oil company. I was an engineering writer and asked him questions - he had correct answers.
How? Nigerians know about oil and engineering and their stories are water tight.

He has a son in Canada living with his ex who is 14 and called Rosco Knots.

This man knows London, Edinburgh and the hotels and streets. DO NOT BE FOOLED. He poses as a silver spooner that is lonely and looking for love. He sends poems.
Imagine the heartache when I googled the poems and found them on the net.

After 3 weeks of me and him talking he calls. His voice is deep and thick and suddenly has to go on a business call. He mentions he wants to come visit me.

Nothing for 3 days. Sends me a mail - his son is sick with brain cancer and he had to fly to Canada. Sends very lengthy explanation and diagnosis. All checks out.

Chats increase I give him support through this terrible time. He keeps mentioning his friend Matt all along the converstations and how supportive Matt is doing. Matt is married.

He calls but has to rush off again.
Short calls are made from UK numbers that can easily be rerouted.

Suddenly he needs to go to Dubai to sell a property (implied to pay for private treatment for his son). Calls from Dubai to say on his way back to Canada to his sons surgery he wants to meet me. We have chats the first night he almost loses the property deal. Second night we are celebrating on chat - he is so happy and is coming to see me the following day. All the flight details and times check out. DO NOT BE FOOLED.

Then the Motherf*&&er goes for gold:

He has been robbed in Dubai. A police officer calls me in the morning to say he has been assaulted and robbed.
We go online all morning - he is stranded and cant get to see me or his son who is having surgery.
He asks me to call his friend.
The hotel is keeping his passport as he cannot pay the hotel bill.
He needs $1300 and a ticket to the USA.
Later in the day he bargains me down to paying half.

I refused. Many other women did not.
Check out RomanceScam.com under phil knots - some women lost in excess of $60 000