ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hoping 5 year scam coming to an end...Need help
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 am 

So if he is claiming that he told the scammer it is over and he is now getting on with his plans for the future (which include me :D) then what more can the scammer do?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 am 

The scammer does not accept "over". The scammer will keep harrassing him. They do not give up just cause you tell them so. They will send you a mail and even a response that you do not want to write to them anymore means they still got you hooked.
So he needs to ignore anything they send at him. Even better would be to get a new mail account and phonenumber.
You can even expect other scammers trying to contact him.
It is never over. Count on thatr.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 pm 

Hey there, hopingforanswers. I'm new to this site, but think I could share some insight.

If your friend says he is not going to continue communication, that does not mean he will stick to it. There is a strong urge that takes over a lonely person late at night that could throw everything into disarray once again. What I believe he might do is stop telling YOU that he is still hooked up and actually talking to "her" again. So you, as a friend, should keep a close eye at his behaviour and don't believe everything is solved.

Also, those scammers are usually not alone, they operate in groups, which allow them to suddenly switch identities. If your friend honors his word and cease communication, they may wait a while, come up with another character, and start digging him again.

Again, as a friend, you should be concerned why he is in this situation in the first place, why a dream that is so mangled can actually dominate his fantasies. What is lacking in his life that makes him so vulnerable to this? Until this is solved, he will remain a perfect scam target.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 pm 

Pennywise and Baron I understand the concern and I am keeping a close on eye on his behaviour and his internet patterns for now.

Most importantly as opposed to some of the others that have had a scammer like this he is not alone (he has me and I live with him) and as mentioned in my previous post he is making plans for the future (which also includes me).

I have made him aware that if he continues to have contact with the scammer or anyone associated with the scammer then he is cheating on me. For now I have to trust that he will stick to it.

I really don't see anything more this scammer can do but send empty/meaningless emails that he wont respond to.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:17 pm 

hopingforanswers wrote:
I really don't see anything more this scammer can do but send empty/meaningless emails that he wont respond to.

But he can still read them. Still hope and believe there is something there.