There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I am a big victim of a nigerian love scam
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 am 

Janez wrote:
Another thing you can do when posting scammers is to include their username's, emails address and IP Address. This way google will pick it up and anyone who googles the information will find the scammer posted here or any one of the other anti-scam sites.

You are right ... I posted in my second post the URL of a anti-scam site where I found information about him (the same pics and the the same first mail that he sent to me ...) with also another name used by him (alex glover) ... I will post that information also in the site that you have reported ... thank you, bye t.

The name used is MARK EKE markekeluv@yahoo.com or markekelove@yahoo.com, this is his first mail (I found it also in this anti-scam site: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 7&start=15)

Dearest,

My name is Mark Eke,I am a single parent ,I have a son his name is Terry is 6 year old now,I love him so much because his is all i have . Actually his mother died after his was born since then i have been taking care of him, I am a true born American guy, my mother is from Texas while my dad is from Los Angeles i was born in in Los Angeles and raise up in Maryland. i was living with my mom before she died.after her death.I stayed in MaryLand.but now i live with my Son,I take her along with me to anyplace i go ,Now i need a woman who would take care of him .

I am a business man i do import and export of computer and laptops,i have travel alot all over the west africa countries . i have been to Australian, Spain, Brazil,Germany,Italy. i have been to Italy for about three time now to see my client, Rigth now i am not in the USA .I am in Lagos in Nigeria working . But i got some clients here i came to sale some goods But i am looking to settle down Once I am back to the state, I am trying to be open to you even if it going to hurt me just trying to make my self happy i am looking for my soul mate.

I want a woman who will love me and my son as much as I will love her. A woman who will be honest and faithful. A woman who will make me her priority, as I will her. A woman who is affectionate, loving, thoughtful, attentive and not afraid to SHOW me how much, not just tell me. A woman who can laugh with me, cry with me, love with me, etc. A woman with a good personality and sense of humor a life partner, a soul mate.

If you are looking for a good Godly man Without all the games and drama and lies, that will commit to you! And will love you forever and never betray you or lie to you or leave you or give up on you. If this is what you need and search for in a man. Lets talk, lets meet, lets get together, lets try! . I am an intelligent young man who loves life and loves family and friends. I am looking for an interesting woman to talk with.

I am a sweet funny guy on the exterior, but if you look deeply you will see my spiritual side and all of my hopes and dreams. There is more to a book than just the cover. I am a respectful and honest man who is not into playing games and has no time for those who revolve around drama. I don't like to argue, so I won't waste time doing so. I am not high maintenance.

There are many things I enjoy in my life. I like to travel to new places and experience new things. I enjoy movies, comedy clubs, and even some theater. I like to stay active with golf and would like to find a new tennis partner again. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I love kids and animals...I do have one kid I'm like an uncle to my friends kids. Well, there's my winning sales pitch. It may not be a professional pitch but it's who I am. I will like to know more about you what do you , do you live alone how many kids you have , you still have parent , what are the thing that make you happy in a man.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kisssssssssssss Mark.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 am 

It is hard when your native language is not english, but if you have a close look at this letter you can see it has two parts. Where the first part is in broken english, the second part shows much better english. First part is a typical example of the way African males write english. Second part is copy & paste work.

When you get a letter like this, you can take a specific part and google for it. For example

Quote:
I want a woman who will love me and my son as much as I will love her. A woman who will be honest and faithful. A woman who will make me her priority, as I will her. A woman who is affectionate, loving, thoughtful, attentive and not afraid to SHOW me how much, not just tell me. A woman who can laugh with me, cry with me, love with me, etc. A woman with a good personality and sense of humor a life partner, a soul mate.

When you put that you will get many results showing you he isn't the only one using that letter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 am 

Pennywise wrote:
It is hard when your native language is not english, but if you have a close look at this letter you can see it has two parts. Where the first part is in broken english, the second part shows much better english. First part is a typical example of the way African males write english. Second part is copy & paste work.

When you get a letter like this, you can take a specific part and google for it. For example

Quote:

When you put that you will get many results showing you he isn't the only one using that letter.

I think that contact people whose mother tongue is not English is part of their scam strategy. As I mentioned above they are very well organized, I am still amazed about their perfect organization, they don't leave anything to chance. If you think that I talked with this person for two years on phone every day, also several times a day, and he was always super consistent in his actions / reactions ... He is really an artist! I am still spechless ... :-(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:56 am 

babyblue wrote:
I think that contact people whose mother tongue is not English is part of their scam strategy.

Not really. Even people that are fluent in english fall for it. It is only when you look for it you will notice it.

You should look upon it as an actor playing a role in the theatre. He has been doing it so long that it comes natural.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:21 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Pennywise wrote:
You should look upon it as an actor playing a role in the theatre. He has been doing it so long that it comes natural.

This is a GREAT example . . . they really are "actors"

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch