ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anastasia Dating Is Scam
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm 

One of the men who provided some of the information we used to make this post has been pressured by Anastasia FRAUD to ask us to remove it. Apparently it is a breach of their terms of service to give any evidence on fraud to any party other than through their official disputes process.
We have no wish to prevent a customer of AnastasiaFRAUD getting compensation for being defrauded so we have for the moment deleted the content of this post.
We are outraged that AnastasiaFRAUD have applied this pressure. The information provided in this post, enabled 14 other innocent consumers to realize they were being scammed and prevent them being scammed further.

Last edited by frustrated on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm 

If you find a scammer on the Anastasia site, whatever you do, DO NOT report it to Anastasia unless it is wired money fraud. Investigations have revealed that they learn lessons from each scam exposure and distribute protocols to their partner agencies to stop girls repeating the same mistakes! The hired letter writers have to follow a set of rules when responding, otherwise they are fined! These rules are updated whenever a scammer is exposed via "customer services".

Post subject: Re: Anastasia Dating Is Scam (not a scam)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:52 pm 

ih 1066 wrote:
You are very correct, (anastasiadate) is not a scam. .....
Chatting, the first chat you get, talks of gender, do not answer! Good rule of thumb is always make the first contact to avoid this rumor of the translators making contact, Great ladies over there, good people to! I enjoy the Ukraine much!

examining the grammar and syntax errors in this post as well as the translation errors (gender instead of gender) reveals this to be written by a Russian or Ukranian! I wonder whether this is another of the attempts by Anastasia.com and its agencies to swamp scam forums with false rebuttals from "satisfied customers"? make up your own mind!:-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:44 am 

It's a mixup I think. I did met with real girls from the website, one of them didn't do much online chat; and when I was in the city we met in a restaurant. But I didn't setup second date, I didn't have the feeling. I think she is for real, cauz really I didn't spend much money on the website for her: Probably 5 letters, and 20 minutes chat. She even left her number for me.

But things could be really wrong. There was a girl having model looklike photos repeatedly said she was at work, and sent her "girlfriends" to me, one is young and pretty(but only showed up once) and another one is an old lady. She repeatedly said we would meet together next day. Then by the night time of the next day she would say "sorry,I am still at work", and time after time she asked me what I thought about the old lady!!! Once she said we were going to meet together, but made me waiting in a bar with her old lady girlfriend for 3 hours, then she answered the phone and said she was still at work! For the last day of my stay, it was a for sure holiday. I asked her out, she said she was going to see her sick grandma. I just make a test: I picked up a hot looking girl on line, talked and talked...........then I invited her out for the holiday. Guess what her excuse is? " Her grandpa was dying, she needed to stay with her grandma", then why she was online chatting with people? And 2 very similar excuses at one night?

My point: when she looks too good, pretty much a bait and switch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:03 am 

Dear "HarryBrown",

I have little doubt in the belief that you work for the same Russian mafia running numerous websites ... Anastasia, AmoLatina, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ..............

I read a story online (that I firmy BELIEVE is true) of a woman (from Anastasia) admitting the truth .. that she is NOT the woman in the pictures .. and she told the man the truth because she felt love and sorrow for the man who had already spent a lot of money on "her" ... why? ... because she was hoping to meet the man .. and that he would really love her .. yah right! ... after building a "relationship" on such lies ...

However .. it is also true .. that the man who got screwed is a complete idiot for never demanding proof .. such as chatting on a LIVE WEBCAM!

Peace. Out. We "hopeless romantics" are such pathetic idiots.

Come on ... wake up guys! Wake up!
Finding a wife overseas is so expensive and legally complicated anyways so why bother?
Let me tell you .. it is very difficult to get a fiance or spousal visa nowadays ..
You must prove to the government that you have money AND/OR income to support a wife and family, for example ...
And you need to spend A LOT of quality time with a woman BEFORE you get married to have some certainty.

I KNOW ... I lived and worked as an English and Math teacher .. for years .. in such countries as Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines.
Many good women in the Philippines .. yet .. still so hard to find one you can really trust.
The good women do not pursue foreigners ... like most that you will find there .. coming after money, food, or just a "way out"!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:41 am 

Come on guys! Some of you really need to snap out of it. Wake up!

(Especially "HarryBrown" ... yet "he" is probably working for this site!)

How can you be so naive to support such an obvious scam?

Yes ... some scams are legal scams .. yet still SCAMS .. but AnastasiaDate, AmoLatina, etc. .. etc. ... etc.
They are NOT legal scams!

Do you really find it so hard to believe .. that the (most probably Russian mafia) people running these sites have invested a significant amount of money in photography, etc.????

The women are models (and hopefully still alive) ... the profiles are FAKE! ...
And the "women" chatting are paid to work as chatters! They get commission for each minute!

Yes ... hello ... it really is that simple.

No doubt in my mind ... that at least 90% or more of this site is a simple "magic trick"!
How long have you been chatting on this site and yet you do not see the bullshit????

The begging .. the chats are such an obvious fake scam!!!

IF THEY WANTED TO MAKE THIS LEGAL IN THE USA .. they should admit it is ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT purposes .. just like Astrology!

Peace.

Out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm 

I have been reading these post and I have a couple of things to say, look there is good and bad every where in is world. You learn from your mistakes that what makes us humans. Dude if you are going to bash a woman and use her real name, have the respect and use your real name and be a man instead of hiding like a little boy does.

Next I have been reading some of these post that contain something from a JohnrT. Who in the heck is he. If you are trying to make it looking like something coming from the Embassy, then you should have left out the r. The Ambassador name is John F Tefft. When it comes from someone in the state department concerning things like this, it more official. it has the address of the agency listed, the full name and not JohnrT, their title. From what I see anyone could have made that up. I have served my country and have worked with my country and know how they send out things, both in writing and emails. So the person listing JohnrT should list the name of the agency this guy works at, his last name, his title and phone number so everyone (who wants to) can verify everything you post that JohnrT said. Who knows we might find out you could be lying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 pm 

I have to post something else here concerning IMBRA. Here is what the law really says (word for word):

Duty to Disclose Criminal and Marital History and Obtain Written Consent. Before a (for fee) IMB may provide a foreign national client’s personal contact information to a United States client, the IMB must:

1. search gender offender public registries for information regarding the United States client;
2. collect certain criminal and marital background information through documentation or an attestation from the United States client;
3. provide to the foreign national client any records retrieved from the gender offender public registry search and the background information collected in her primary language;
4. provide to the foreign national client a government-prepared information pamphlet about the legal rights and resources available in the U.S. to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes; and
5. obtain the foreign national client’s signed, written consent to the release of her information to the United States client. (Sections 833(d)(2) and (3))

Penalty for Misuse of Information. Any person who knowingly misuses any information obtained by an IMB under IMBRA (i.e., uses that information for any unauthorized purpose other than IMBRA’s required disclosures) is subject to a fine or imprisonment of not more than 1 year, or both, in addition to other possible penalties that may be imposed under federal or state law. (Sections 833(d)(3)(C))

Penalties for Other Violations/Nonpreemption. An IMB is subject to a civil penalty of $5,000 - $25,000 per violation or attempted violation of its obligations under IMBRA, and criminal penalties for not more than five years in prison. This is in addition to other possible penalties and remedies that may be provided for under federal or state law. (Sections 833(d)(5) and (6))

Definition of an International Marriage Broker. “International marriage broker” is defined as an entity (whether or not U.S.-based) that charges fees for providing matchmaking services or social referrals between U.S. citizens/permanent residents and foreign nationals. The definition also exempts non-profit religious or cultural matchmaking services, and dating services that do not match U.S. citizens/residents with aliens as their principal business and that charge comparable rates and offer comparable services to all clients, regardless of gender or country of citizenship.

Informational Pamphlet about Legal Rights and Resources IMBRA requires the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in consultation with the Departments of State (DOS) and Justice (DOJ) and nongovernmental organizations with specialized expertise, to develop a pamphlet for foreign fiancé(e)s and spouses about the K visa immigration process, the legal rights and resources available to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes, the illegality of marriage fraud (i.e., knowingly entering a marriage solely to obtain an immigration benefit) and U.S. legal obligations regarding child support. The pamphlet will also include a warning concerning the potential use of K visas by U.S. citizens with a history of violence, whose acts may not have resulted in a criminal record; as well as a notification regarding IMBs' obligations to disclose U.S. clients’ violent criminal records.

Criminal Background Information Disclosed to Foreign Fiancé(e) or Spouse. IMBRA requires U.S. citizens petitioning to sponsor K visas to disclose convictions for a list of violent crimes on the “I-129F” petition form that they file with DHS, including convictions for domestic violence and assault & battery, as well as convictions for elder abuse, child abuse or neglect, and stalking; and multiple (three or more) convictions for offenses related to alcohol/controlled substances. DHS must provide to DOS a copy of the petitioner’s I-129F petition form, together with any criminal background information (including information on protection orders) that DHS has gathered on the petitioner under existing authority. DOS must provide these materials to the foreign fiancé(e) or spouse. The U.S. consular officer conducting the K visa interview overseas must inform the foreign fiancé(e) or spouse that this information may not be complete, and ask her (1) whether an IMB facilitated her relationship with the petitioner and if so, which one and (2) whether the IMB complied with IMBRA by providing her with the required disclosures and information. (Sections 832(a), 833(a)(5), and 833(b)(1))

Limits Placed on How Many and How Often Fiancé(e) Visa Petitions May be Filed; Petitioners with Violent Criminal Records Barred from Serial Sponsorship. IMBRA limits a US petitioner’s sponsorship of K1 (fiancé(e)) visas to 2 total, with no less than 2 years between the filing of the last approved petition and the current petition. A petitioner may seek a discretionary waiver of these limits from DHS. However, DHS cannot ordinarily waive the limits if the U.S. petitioner has a record of violent criminal offenses. (Section 832(a)(1))

It is where you get to a I-129F that is where you list all you crimes. If you don't Homeland Security will have no issue doing it for you. When they are talking about attesting, they are referring to doing it electronically. We can do that now a day, we don't use carrier pigeon anymore. This has been in place since 2005 and the pamphlet things homeland security and department of justice was to have in place in 2006, so I dont know how that is a new regulation.

To be honest with you dude, it looks like you found out the Ambassadors name modified it a little, so it would look official. Then you add things in that are real but got twisted around in a way that you want it to look like (I could do the same here dude not hard). The difference between me and you, I can tell you where I got my information and I dont twist things around I copy and paste. If you ever had true dealing with the government you would know they love to quote the rules and laws as they are written, which is what I did here.

Also if that had come from Kiev they would have listed the area they have violated (what section and so forth). Trust me Kiev staff is fully trained to spot them. Kiev can grant the visa and that gets them to the border and not into the country, they still have to deal with border patrol, trust me they can be royal butts, when they want to be (even to American returning from overseas).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm 

Quote:
use her real name

Scammers do not use their real names.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 am 

What you say, fool999, is very true. However, the one in a thousand men who DO marry the woman? Their problems are just beginning. In most cases, when the man sponsors his "wife" to this country, she uses him to get what she wants (money) to become a citizen, then leaves him broke, having used up his life savings. Dating sites like Anastasia prey on older, lonely and retired widowers and make about 25 million or more per year doing it. For a while they operated out of the U.S., but their business practices proved to be so phony, thet had to move their operation to Russia or the Ukraine. I say "buyer beware!"

JJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:04 am 

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. At AnastasiaDate we take all our customer concerns very seriously. Our supportive Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24/7. Please contact us about this complaint as we will need more information from you to help resolve.
Our Customer Service Department can be reached by phone by dialing toll-free (+1) 800-356-3130 or (+1) 800-234-0036. Additionally we can be reached by clicking on the “contact us” link at the bottom/right of every page on our website. If you are a registered customer, you can also reach us by logging in through our website and clicking on the “LiveSupport” button at the top/right of the page.
We look forward to hearing back from you soon. For more information about our anti-scam policy please visit: <http://www.anastasiadate.com/anastasia-anti-scam-policy.html>
Sincerely,

Gregory
AnastasiaDate
Customer Support Team
<http://www.anastasiadate.com>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm 

Why is an obvious scam organisation allowed to downplay there activities here?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:28 pm 

Graham Rowe wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback....
We look forward to hearing back from you soon. For more information about our anti-scam policy please visit:

It is hilarious that a company whose basic underlying business model is a scam has an anti scam policy! I am sure they do take action to cover their tracks when the more blatant scammers are caught out but the only effective anti scam policy would be for the company to cease operation! I reported them to the credit card company for fraud, which has had some effect:-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:22 am 

Graham Rowe wrote:
Let me tell you that I really thank AnastasiaDate.com for helping me find my wife.

So first you are a represenative of Anastasia posting an anti fraud statement, then two posts later you are a satisfied customer? The attempts of Anastasia to whitewash their scam operation are so transparent I am ROFL.

Let us be clear here for all readers, Anastasia date is a SCAM organisation whose underlying business model is based on FRAUD and semi plausible deniability of its operational details.

Yes, there are a few genuine women on Anastasia, but most are paid letter writers and chatters, the adverts for such women are well documented, as are the statements of the professional letter writers.

Yes, Anastasia has an "anti fraud" policy to stop the transparent wire money for visa fraud, but this is just a smokescreen to hide the real underlying fraud and deception.

The message is still clear for ALL potential users, DO NOT use this site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:16 am 

frustrated wrote:
Graham Rowe wrote:
Let me tell you that I really thank AnastasiaDate.com for helping me find my wife.

So first you are a represenative of Anastasia posting an anti fraud statement, then two posts later you are a satisfied customer? The attempts of Anastasia to whitewash their scam operation are so transparent I am ROFL.

No he isn't. He clearly writes that it is a message from a customer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next