ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: instant messenger scam
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:37 pm 
I was scammed by the same model working in Nigeria. My bank was letting me cash bogus money orders for two months, over 40 money orders. all along I thought I was helping my future model girlfriend in Nigeria. I amaze myself in falling for this scam. I have been working with secret service and postal inspectors, but in a nutshell, nothings going to happen to the crooks. In fact the crook contacts me daily and still taunts me that i got screwed. I am out some serious cash, and the lesson is hard learned. I don't think the bank will take any responsibility in this, even though they let over 40 fake money orders go through their institution

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:21 pm 

2 Months? your bank had no idea for 2 months that these were fake money orders?

Did the bank ever tell you when they found out that the first one was counterfeit? When did they notify you of all of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:03 pm 
The money orders did not come back to the back for 4-5 wks from the postal service. I actually told the postal inspectors, bank, and secret service when I found out. The bank is charging me back over 20,000. Is there anything I can do? The screenname for this person on yahoo is Tara4uall. Is there anyhelp for me at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:18 am 
I live in Florida too. Bank of America let me cash over 40 bogus money orders over the course of 2 months, and no one ever caugth on. i thought they were all legit, especially after the bank let me cash them all. This is a horror story and I feel like my life is ruined. The bank wants me to sign a contract agreeing to pay back the money

Post subject: nigerian scammed 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:25 pm 

I was taken in the same way a bit differently though.but i had a bad feeling so i only deposited 2 checks thank god i am out only 5000 dollars. i have 2 checks still.can anyone refer me to the right authorities. these were drawn thru their own company .. citizans bank..(( can anyone steer me the right way ...

Last edited by ny_pit on Sun May 01, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:27 pm 

scammedbad pm me with your contact details I am also in florida and lets see what can be done to help, I am currently corresponding with some offices high up about another matter but I want to see what can be done also to help you.

Please also include a phone number to contact you by, Bank Of America is a nightmare and I know just the person you need to talk to who is hot on their trail already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:52 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Write a letter/summary of what happened to you (you can view mine at http://scamvictimsunited.com/our_story.htm )

Then go to http://scamvictimsunited.com/resources_ ... _check.htm and send that letter to every place on that list. I would also suggest sending that letter to the media to try and get even more attention to this scam and your case.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Scamdad
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:56 am 
FYI,

Just had a soldier come into my office who wanted to report that his Nigerian/Model/Honey had him case a bank check for her in the amount of 3600 euro. The bank he cashed it in did not wait the customary 10 days for it to clear and now he ows the money back. I can't help him, so I turned it over to the Secret Service and it does not look promising. My wife has connections in Nigeria, namely with the Prime Minister and the Minister of Justice. I will let you know what I find out. We may be able to purchase a little bit of justice at a very small price.

Post subject: I've been scammed
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:36 pm 
admin wrote:
Write a letter/summary of what happened to you (you can view mine at http://scamvictimsunited.com/our_story.htm )

Then go to http://scamvictimsunited.com/resources_ ... _check.htm and send that letter to every place on that list. I would also suggest sending that letter to the media to try and get even more attention to this scam and your case.

I just discovered that I have been scammed by those MTF's in Nigeria. This happened just this Friday the 27th. I went through the BS of going to Western Union and sending them $2200 and I had $1600 left over for the product I was selling. I sent them all the cash that I orginially had. I, too, bank with BofA. I just came home from yelling at those morons about failing to detect the counterfeit money orders. I called the police too and they aren't any help. Yes, I did close my account ASAP.

The clue that lead me into believing I was scammed was when the one who calls herself Precious Sacha told me to send the remainder of the money back 'cuz the shippers mother needs an operation to save her life or she'd die of breast cancer...so go to the bank immedately and send back western union.

I happened to work in healthcare and know damn well that doctors do not make diagnosis on the weekends! So I knew this was bullshit. Now, I have to deal with BofA threatening me with check systems and ruining my credit. I have no way to pay them back right now. I'm barely making it as it is and I owe the IRS $5000.

Is there any help out there? I called the secret service and the FBI and tried to make a report with the police. Those damn police act like I'm the criminal...they like to humiliate and I'm sick of them.

I'm just sick from this entire situation. I can't sleep and I just feel like I just want to die. I have too many financial problems right now and I just can't deal with another one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:10 pm 

Please do not feel so bad, this has happened to thousands of people and you aren't the only one. Has BofA talked to you about a payment plan? Contact the media, throw a big fuss, don't let the authorities and bank treat you like the criminal!

Post subject: B fuckin A
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:15 pm 
sunrayz99 wrote:
Please do not feel so bad, this has happened to thousands of people and you aren't the only one. Has BofA talked to you about a payment plan? Contact the media, throw a big fuss, don't let the authorities and bank treat you like the criminal!

No, BofA will not negotiate. They want their money immediately and will report me to check systems if I dont pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:51 pm 
One ID being used for the:

I'm a model.. I got paid.. was robbed, my manager's shot, needs an operation or they will die.. Hurry wire me money:

Is:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/monica_rose20012001

Post subject: Fake check scam
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:08 pm 

I have scamed recently and I am having big trouble right now with the bank I am working with. (Bank Of America)
1. Here is how it happened:I met with a lady online a few weeks ago.In one point ,she mentioned that she is living in UK and working in her fathers international company (UK,US,Nigeria,?).She asked me to cash some checks for her (she was suppose to receive checks as payment from the companies that she is working with) and instead of her coming to US to collect and cash them,she wanted to pay %10 of the check amount as my salary and the rest of the money was going to send to her name via Western Union.That is what I did.I received 4 checks ($3800 per check) and sent to her.After 5-6 days I realised my bank account has a minus amount.I called the bank and at that time I was informed that all 4 checks are fake checks. .
On the other hand Bank of America is asking to me pay the total amount in 120 days . So I have no idea what should I do at this point.I am scamed,feels terrible,bank is insisting on having the money that has already been gone to UK) .I am in the middle of everything but helpless.Any advises?
Best Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:07 am 

I am so sorry this happened to you Adventurer, I know you probably do not want to hear this right now but ... Reality is that the bank right or wrong fronted you that money in your account ahead of the checks final clearing. Fact: You spent that money whether it was on yourself or to send it to Nigeria or the UK. Fact: You owe the bank that money. There are no laws in place to iron clad make the bank even partially responsible for this, they know it and they know they can get away with what is being done.

IF you have a clean credit rating I would suggest going to an outside source for a loan to pay the bank off, at least that way you have more time to pay off that source than the bank is giving you to pay them.

You can try to talk to the bank and see if they will give you a loan to pay it off that would give you more time but BOA is very stubborn they are a nightmare to deal with if you are a victim.

You are in what I call a catch 22 position and we need to get your butt out of the fire so to speak quickly. The last thing you want to do with BOA is to get them angry with you refusing to pay them back, they get VERY spiteful.

In the future do not believe a word someone in a yahoo chat tells you about cashing checks for them or offers to buy something from you using a cashiers check. 99% of the time the checks are counterfeit and you risk getting is BIG trouble bigger than you are in right now.

Proper procedure for check acceptance and clearance on the consumers part is not taught by anyone in the banking realm. Here is how it should be done for future reference:

1. Call the issuing bank and verify the funds are there to cover the check

2. Attempt to find the phone number of the person listed as the account holder and call them asking if they wrote a check to you or had a cashiers check sent to you.

3. If 1 &2 are ok then deposit the check BUT wait for final clearance with your bank before touching the funds. That could take 7-14 days, ask the bank for confirmation that the check was paid by the bank at the other end before withdrawing one cent of that money.

Banks will credit the money ahead of final clearance if you have a good history with them as a courtesy to you, BUT that does not mean the check has been paid at the other end and is good.

It is better to be safe than sorry in todays times, and accepting any kind of a cashiers check, certified check, payroll check etc from someone overseas is a HUGE risk to take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:45 am 

Thank you KarynSolo for the information and sharing the problem with me.I spoke with the authorities today morning and sounds like there is not so much thing that they can do since it is an international transaction.
For the Bank I really don't know how to progress with them.I spoke with overdraft department manager and they are pretty insisting on paying the standing balance in 120 days.If I don't pay that amount to BOA what is going to happen? yeah eventhough the bank teller and other crew didn't understand that the checks are fake they don't agree with that.So if a bank can not know if a check is real or not how can we trust them for the other transactions.One of other form here was mentioning they could not understand the money orders were not real in 2 full months,,It is very very scary fo the BAO's security .What kind of banking is that anyways.They are just holding the victim responsible since we don't have anybody to say this is bullcrab.That is not fair!!
And other question is if I can open an another account in another bank?Will my future paychecks (funds) in danger if I deposit them in another bank? Can BOA or anyother company touch my funds in another bank?
Well..I will never do anything like this in the future.The checks,money orders,etc will not be my problem,,I will never believe or trust anybody online if I don't know the person .
Anyways I am really lost about all these and I don't really know what to do,maybe a lawyer for advices? or maybe trying to carry to court. this option seems like will be costing more money to me.Since there is not so much chance that they will find the real criminal.Anyways I really appriciate for your time and please keep me posted with any info
As I said this is so new to me,Thanks again