ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ernest Santiago - romance scam
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:04 pm 

This man attempted to scam me. I want to put as much information up as possible.

He says his name is Ernest Santiago. His e-mail address is santiagoernest@yahoo.com. This scam story has been tied to a Mark Howard (markhoward7@yahoo.com) Sean Thomas Bradley (sean_brad1967@yahoo.com). If you google these names you will find the stories.

Met on POF - he used obsession44. Has since deleted it. Used same tagline - "A simple down to earth hardworking guy .......".
Same story - says he lives in SW Seattle, moved from Birmingham, AL a year ago July/August.
Says his uncle was a law advisor for a real estate firm
Assistant tried to allegedly transfer money to a flagged acct $100k which is why is account is frozen.
206-339-1549 is the Seattle phone number
447024031604 UK phone number.
Went to University of Manchester, England for petroleum engineering.
Arsenal futball fan
Has been a private contractor for 8 yrs installing surface pipelines.
Divorced 3 yrs ago - used same cheating story
His grammer and spelling are very good. Very polite as well.
Sent a song by Alexander O'Neal - Wish you were here tonight
He is very smooth. Talked for hours at a time with him.

This is what he wrote when I asked him what Manchester was like. Pretty sure a copy/paste from a travel guide:

I've travelled to Europe, Asia, middle east, africa, mostly oil regions around the world. Living in Manchester gives a sense of community that can seem overwhelming at times. “Northern charm” is something that you really can’t explain in words but experience it and you can’t help but love the place, and the people as this is England, but with a difference.
Manchester offers impressive Victorian architecture, an ever-increasing number of galleries and museums, and an abundance of theatre and live music performances. The nightlife is also buzzing every night of the week, and with so many licensed premises in the city centre there is a plethora of bars, restaurants and clubs to suit every taste.

When it comes to soccer there is both United's Old Trafford ground and the impressive City of Manchester Stadium. Also worthy of a visit are the Olympic swimming pool at Manchester's Aquatic Centre, Manchester's Velodrome and the cricket ground.

IP addresses

93.186.23.237 - must have gotten a proxy server
there are many other 41 IP addresses but the 93 is more recent.

POF profile:POF profile
obsession44 : Incomplete without you

City Seattle Washington
Area United States
Ethnicity Hispanic
Sign Libra
Height 5' 9" (175 cm)
Age 44
Profession Engineering Consultant
Smarts Masters degree

About me:
A simple down to earth hardworking guy that is always honest and open from the onset, seeking the same in return as its essential for a lasting relationship.
You'll capture my heart if you're confident, know what you want, command respect and desire to love and to be totally loved. You gotta be able to laugh and shift gears, 'cause I love spontaneity and fun. An entrepreneurial spirit wouldn't hurt--I like to dream big, but I want to do more than just talk about it. Also, in pretty good shape so we can enjoy the outdoors together.
I also like to add that I'm a pretty down to earth person who views life as an adventure. I hope to find someone who gets just as excited about simple things and about "the details" as I do. I want to marry my best friend. I love to work hard & play hard. But I also love lots of quiet moments at home enjoying soft music, candle or firelight, cooking great meals together and just "being" together. I like hugs and leanin up against my woman, so you can't be ashamed to have me tucked under your arm.
I would love to meet a woman who has a caring heart, who is romantic,ie: loves candlelight dinners,loves to dance...I don't care if she feels she's not good at it...just loves music and moving to it. Likes to kiss and show her me how much she loves me...making love from the soul out.
I'm Seeking to start afresh with someone i believe is my true soulmate who should be someone who want's to hold my hand and walk with me through life. I like doing things for the people in my life so if you feel uncomfortable having someone doing thoughtful things or buying things for you I'm not your man. You should be secure enough to accept these expressions of appreciation without feeling threatened by them. I believe relationships are about give and take. So expect to be treated well by me. If your the type of lady who wants a man to hold your hand until we are well into our 80s and still look at you like we just met, then i think we are meant for each other.
I want Honesty, Faithfulness, Romantic, Passionate, a good sense of humor all in one package. A woman that has a heart for God and a close, committed relationship with me. Someone that can be not only my love, but also my best friend. Someone to look forward to waking up beside every morning, and waiting anxiously for that moment when she walks in the door at the end of the day to give a big, warm hug that melts away all the troubles of the day....to grow old together knowing that we are one flesh and best friends for the rest of our lives; now is that hard to find? you tell or proove it to me

this is the name of who he said I should send money too thru Western Union. I had found out abt him on another romance scam but kept e-mailing him to get more information.
Ben Akuma
Enugu, Nigeria
Text question: My Heart
Answer: With you

I'm posting the two pictures that I have gotten that he is using. The man in the pictures is not really the scammer. He is an innocent victim too.

Attachments:
Me Again.jpg
Me Again.jpg [ 22.74 KiB | Viewed 15400 times ]
Ernest.jpg
Ernest.jpg [ 44.12 KiB | Viewed 15399 times ]

Post subject: Re: Ernest Santiago - romance scam
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:50 am 

Seattle number is the same but he has changed the UK number to the below:

011 44 702 407 0370

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am 
Gold Member

The Seattle number will be a voice-to-email service owned by K7.NET
The UK 70* number are redirection numbers, not real landlines or mobiles.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 am 
Gold Member

mosie wrote:
93.186.23.237 - must have gotten a proxy server

It's a Blackberry Mobile IP number allocated to a UK block. You are very correct, it is a confirmed Proxy Server [link]

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm 

I want to make sure not one stone goes unturned :lol:

This is the AfriNIC Whois server. They are kind enough to publicly provide all of the information necessary.

% Information related to '41.71.128.0 - 41.71.255.255'
inetnum: 41.71.128.0 - 41.71.255.255
netname: VISAFONE-20100803
descr: Visafone Communications Limited
admin-c: FY2-AFRINIC
tech-c: FY2-AFRINIC
org: ORG-VCL3-AFRINIC
mnt-by: AFRINIC-HM-MNT
mnt-lower: VISAFONE-MNT
notify: hostmaster@afrinic.net
changed: hostmaster@afrinic.net 20100803
changed: hostmaster@afrinic.net 20100805