Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Andrew Dino Newell / blueartheart(yahoo) / Avian Vet UN CMC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:10 pm 

Name: Andrew Dino Newell / may also be Ashley Moore

Appearance: 6'1, Fair Skin, Dark Hair, Hazel Eyes

Occupation: Avian Veterinarian working with the United Nations Crisis Management Center and also private contracts w/ foreign governments.

Websites: eHarmony (account now closed), used "Blueart-Santa Monica, CA"

email: blueartheart@yahoo.com

yahoo im: blueartheart (blue blue)

IP:
139625.50354.bm@omp201.mail.sp1.yahoo.com

Phone:
011 234 8074147339

Scam:
Asked for 40K to buy new vaccine....transaction details as provided:
"you might be asked a couple of questions in the agency (Western Union). Just tell them you are sending to your man and that it's for business. You will also need a text question and answer for the transaction. Let the question be, WHO IS THE MONEY FOR? and the answer DINO. oh, i almost forgot......there will be a 10 digit number given to you- MTCN no. You will send that to me after the transaction so i can claim the money with it. Here is who you will send to

NAME: Emmanuel Okoye.
Address: No 58 rhine street, maitama.
City: Abuja
"

You can view pictures and read the emails that were sent by viewing the following link: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... b1dc4ed7ab

Going on three years of being alone and this was my first venture at meeting someone...this is my story & for someone who has a trusting heart at the time it all seemed so believable.

I 'met' Dino on eH in January 08'. Perfectly gorgeous man; tall, piercing hazel eyes, fair skin, dark hair. Educated, financially secure, international connections. House in Santa Monica, ties to an art gallery, apartment in Finchley UK (suburb of London), parents in Milan Italy, brother Erick in London. Lost his girlfriend 'Steph' three years ago in a car accident. Used to work in the oil business and now working as a avian veterinarian for the United Nations (UN) Center for Crisis Management (CMC) to combat avian influenza (bird flu). Also does this work under private contracts with foreign governments (most recently in Nigeria). We quickly moved from eH communication to yahoo email, yahoo im and phone; because he "closed his eH account due to an overcharge on his credit card" and because "he would soon be leaving to start his contract in Nigeria". Four weeks after leaving for Nigeria he discovered through lab results that he had ordered the wrong vaccines (H5N1) and that he would lose his license to practice if it was discovered. He needed to order new vaccine from China but it would cost 150K, he was able to raise 50K from "mum", 40K from "Erick", 20K from a credit card advance and only needed 40K to save his career and our future together. Needless to say I did not give him any money, when he asked the next day my heart broke and although my bank account is safe I feel emotionally bankrupt. He seems to be using the same story on several women, one I found on ILS dated Feb.08' and another on a separate website. see link http://www.internet-love-scams.org/foru ... hid=191227 (use "Search" and enter "dino")

Also uses the name Ashley Moore see http://www.romancescam.com/forum/vie...t=ashley+moore

Post subject: Re: Andrew Dino Newell / blueartheart(yahoo) / Avian Vet UN CMC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 am 
Gold Member

That's pretty bold to ask for $40K. I didn't think they usually asked for that high of an amount as to not set off the red flags. I am glad you didn't send money, but am sorry you feel your heart is bankrupt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:44 pm 

Unfortunately, I too had communication with this infamous scammer through eHarmony. It also began in January 2008 thru mid-February. Same story as all of you with the exact e-mails, song, phone number, IM, etc. I knew there was something truly off with Andrew Dino Newell when he became too possessive and needy real quickly. Sure I enjoyed his romantic swagger. It enticed me. Though, when he could not get in touch with me, he became a desperate brut. Having been contacted by eH canceling his membership, I confronted him. Same bullshit story about this credit card. So, I began toying with him and his so-called emotions. I believe he knew I was onto him. Luckily, it stopped before he got a chance to ask me for money.

I applaud all you women who caught him. This was definitely a rude awakening for me and a valuable learning experience.

Kat

Post subject: Another Avian Vet UN CMC: Anthony Ricciardi from eHarmony
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 am 

Hi Ladies:

I connected with Anthony Ricciardi of Chicago on 5/5/08 on eHarmony. He "is" 42, 6'2", Italian, Veterinarian MD working for the UN and on contracts of his own. He was moving fast. Got me onto Yahoo Messenger and email quickly. Had his "mother", Cynthia Ricciardi, send me emails 1-2 days after I spoke with him on the phone. Will post all emails below.

From his mother:
Dear Miss xxx,

It is so wonderful the news my son brought home to me. I woke up to his wonderful email about a woman he met. He said I could write you and here I am a happy mother writing to my would be daughter-in-law.

You have really done a good job in affecting Anthony's life, I have been worried he'll never be able to fall inlove again after his loss. I have one thing to tell you, Don't you ever let him go. This is the best news I've heard in a while now, I don't want to hear anything different. I look forward to seeing you in Milan. Am going to leave you babies to enjoy yourselves.

Update me, or if he becomes naughty tell me.

Sincerely,

Cynthia

From "Anthony":

Honey,

You are a blessing that my entire being is very thankful for. I feel that we were made to love, listen, understand, and work through all times in our lives together and individually. ;)

I feel that we have shared more time together than we ever will and I know there are many more special occassions and moments in our lives that will surprise and bring us closer.

You are my soul mate and nothing, and no one else feels more right than you!! I love you eternally and unconditionally. God's love has answered this prayer I've wanted and been almost too anxious for so long. I miss you more than words can say and my love will reach any distance and fly to be in your dreams and heart each evening that we can not be together. I physically long for you each night and will see you in my dreams until we find ourselves wrapped in the love that grows stronger and deeper each day, into our future together. I believe and have faith in you. You are my love and will always be mine.

Love Always

Your Romeo

Reply from his mother

Dear xxxx,
Good to read you back, am so happy to hear you and my son are having a great time. Am particularly happy that you wrote back. It is so nice reading the words of the woman who has brought back happiness in Anthony, Thank you so much.

I wish you lucks ahead, and can't wait for the time, you'll have to come over. Have you started planning that already? From your words and what my son told me, am sure there can be no other one for him.

Best Wishes

Cynthia

Honey,

Am back, it was a great breakfast around intellectuals. It was fun but not to compare to when its just you and me on the dining. I miss you so much.

Honey, having your love, has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. Everyday, when I awake from a dream of us together, I thank God I found you! What have I ever done to deserve such a loving, caring, wonderful woman? Everything about you is just so perfect. I know you are not without imperfections, but in my eyes, everything you do just seems so flawless. The way you express your love to me is so awesome!! I feel so loved! I need only to think of you to have all my troubles melt away. I want to spend my whole life with you, loving you and receiving your love in return. I long to hold you and feel your sweet caress. The miles that lie between us will soon disappear, and we will have each other always. I don't care what others say about you and me. All I know is that I love you, and that will never change. Sweet, Thank you for loving me the way you do. I couldn't ask for more in a woman!

My request to be taken out of eharmony has been honored, am completely off. Its just me and you now. Thanks for your beautiful french breakfast email.

I love you more than the world

Anthony

Honey,

You kill me with the expression of love you have for me and how great our life will be. I wish i can write my own beautiful version.

There's this special love that I have deep within my heart. That love is only just for you. It is far greater than this planet, galaxy or universe. I wish I could show you how much you really mean to me. If I could let you feel how much I do really love you in a kiss or hug, you would only feel the surface of the love that I have for you. The only time when I can show you how much I do really love you is when we are married. For then you will see and taste how much I love you. You can hear the language of my love for you by listening to my heart; it will speak to you. You can taste the sweetest of it in a kiss and you can feel it in a hug. When you look deep into my eyes, you will see how great my love for you is. You will also know and see that it's no lie!

My heart will always remain yours forever and ever for you taught me how to love again, you taught me to give and receive love by trusting in you and believing. You taught me to go the extra mile. And though there are miles between us, I never stop thinking of you, you have brought a change into my life and my heart is forever yours.

Thoughts of you warm my heart. You complete me, you are everything my heart desire.

Loving You Always,
Your Romeo

Honey,

There is no doubt you are the girl i dreamt of as a child. I dreamed of that one person that I would share my dreams, happiness and energy with ... I could not see her face but she was there. I always felt like she was out there, I just needed to feel her. I visualized the bond we would have and the courage she would give me to endure life's obstacles.. All these years I was with others, and feeling my way through life, learning lessons that later on would prepare me to become the person that I am now. I have felt alone and sad. Then one day my eyes opened and I became that little boy again ... realizing that she is here now. Here in my world was the girl that I had dreamed of and I'd hoped would not miss our meeting in life. You are a my dream come true honey, your emails, your sweet soft voice, they are so great that i wonder what it will be like when am there on Saturday.

I can't wait to have you in my arm, cuddle with you, Kiss you, look into your eyes and tell you that you are all i care for and that i will love you forever.

My love, My angel, My dream come true
Till we talk,

I love you so much
Anthony

Dear eHarmony Friend,

Making your eHarmony experience safe and successful is important to us. As a past or present user, we want to inform you that eHarmony has taken action to remove one of your matches, Anthony from Chicago, from the eHarmony.com service. This decision was made in accordance with our terms and conditions.

Consistent with our privacy policy, we do not disclose the specific reasons for this person’s removal. eHarmony.com disclaims any responsibility or liability with respect to any continued involvement between you and any person whose account is closed by eHarmony.com. Please visit the links below for further information on our privacy policy, and to obtain safety tips on corresponding with matches.

http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet/about/terms
http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet ... /statement
http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet/safety/tips

Sincerely,

Customer Relations
eHarmony

Hi Honey,

Am so sorry i have not been able to call or write before now, Things have been busy around here. Just got internet access and thought i should tell you how much i missed you.

I love you forever babe, and will talk to you soon

Anthony

Hi honey,

Your babe is sick here, I think I have cold. Am having headache and fever, couldn’t be there at the conclusion of the session today. Missing you coupled with the illness makes it feel like the world is ending for me.

I love you so much honey and If I don’t get on the plane tomorrow, you know why. I’ll try and take my medication so that’ll feel better.

Love you so much

Your Romeo

You can call me on 011 44 704 571 2795

Hi babe,

Am sorry i couldn't make it today, as i feel its gonna be a disaster if i fly all those miles with my health situation. Its ok babe, for we have eternity to live and take care of each other. I miss you more now, but i know that you are always there for me.

I won't be going to Egypt anymore, someone is going to take care of that. I have Ireland and Lituania to take care of, and the good news is that i won't be taking all 2 weeks as already planned. From my sick bed, I have ordered for the vaccines, i will just have to do The AGP and ELISA tests and then apply the vaccine with the help of the other doctors there.

I love you so much honey, and my heart longs for the day we'll be together.

hugs and kisses

Your One

Honey,

It was so beautiful being able to talk to you yesterday night. I enjoyed every bit of our conversation and it makes me long for you more.

We are gonna having amazing, wonderful, loving life together. You are an angel sent to me by God, I can't wait to meet your family, kiss you, whisper loving words to you and make passionate love to you.

I love you xxxx, I will always do [he spelled my name wrong here]

Your Anthony

Well Ladies, that is all he wrote. From the online research that I've done, I haven't seen him use Anthony Ricciardi yet, and his other writing has been marginally correct in both grammar and spelling. However, phrases were the same like the way he spelled "babe", "cos", "mum" etc. My story was that he lost his fiancee, Andrea, six years ago in a car crash. He was born in Newark, NJ, his father died when he was 4 and his mother took him to Milan to be raised by his grandfather. When his grandfather died, he moved to Yukoslavia to be raised by his uncle as to maintain a solid male role model in his life. He went to South Hampton University in the UK for his veterinarian MD, met Andrea whispering in the library in college. When I asked him how long they'd been together before she died, he said, "I don't know, since college. I never really counted." After her death, he moved to Wyoming with his friend Michael. Michael had just had success on eHarmony and married his wife six months ago and moved to Austrailia with her. Anthony then moved to Chicago where he'd been living for 6 months. He was set on moving to my town, paying off my house mortgage to prove his worth to my family, and starting up a pet hospital locally so that he wouldn't have to travel one month at a time as it wasn't fair to the relationship. He actually spoke to my mother on the phone! Additionally, he sent me his flight information for last weekend (I just found out about the scam last night). He was supposed to go to Egypt for 2 weeks and had changed his trip to come to my town. Then he got sick (he really sounded sick on the phone), and cancelled Egypt all together to take 2 short trips this week to Ireland and to Lituania. He was then planning to fly home to me in the US on Friday or Saturday.

Well, after crying my eyes out, I let my brain do its intellectual rationalization work, I let my soul breathe compassion through my heart, and I moved on. He called me twice this morning. Once at 8:30AM EST and asked me why I was down. I told him that I'd found his whole story online and that it was over. He said "why didn't you tell me"? I said, "I just found out last night". He said, "I don't want to hear this." I said, "I wouldn't either if I were you." He said, "I have to go, I will call you back later." I said, "Don't bother". Well two hours later my cell rings from an unknown number and he says, "Hi Babe". I say,"Don't call again, and don't bother to get vicious with me because I've read that you get really mean." He said,"Why do you hurt me?" I hung up. Note that after speaking with him for 4 days, I brought up the topic of internet scams and he said that his friends said the same thing except for Michael. Whenever I said that I was nervous, that its going too fast, that I was nervous about picking him up from the airport, his reply was, "Honey, don't be so negative. I love you and it is all going to work out." He is much more intelligent than the guys listed as Dino, Nino, Michael, or David. Their writing was really shabby. I know now that he changed his style because he asked me what I'd read about the scammers and I'd told him about the shoddy grammar, asking for money, fast paced romance etc. That was when he offered to pay off my mortgage ($1.2million dollar house) and cited his financial stability and that he co-owned 3 properties in the UK, had been working so hard since Andrea died, and saved in stocks and bonds since college. He even didn't need to work anymore if the money was managed right. I said "that's great, but it doesn't impact me at all. With or without you, I can manage on my own." He offered to be my "world tour guide" and suggested that after we went to Milan to meet his mother, that we should go to Greece. La La La La...it was all music to my ears.

Lastly, ladies, you should know that he asked me for phone gender. I told him that it was not my style until last night, when we got into it. Afterwards, he said, "I broke you". He meant that he'd broken me down against my will. I said, "No, I chose to do it because I care about you." No reply.
The phone gender was another method to bring me in more intimately. When he knew that my family was researching romance scams, that he'd have to meet my father, brother, and 4 male friends next weekend, I think he got desperate to secure my heart.

My gut instinct is that he wouldn't have come this weekend. Also, you should know that I went to all of the romance scam sites on this Veterinarian MD working for the UN and none of the pictures are the same. This guy even sent me a picture of him and Michael with their arms around each other. Also, a side view in his apartment while reading the newspaper, a beautiful headshot, a casual picture of him in the bar with friends and one on the beach. Sounds like he invaded FaceBook or something. He is gorgeous. I will come back and post his pictures once I have time. For now, I am off to the gym to release some sadness and rebuild my self-esteem. He never did ask me for money, however, he did lay the groundwork by telling me that he orders the vaccines himself and pays for them and then goes to the country to receive them, set up the studies, and manage the doctors through the process. Oh yes, one other similiarity: some women had said that he'd travelled to San Diego to Vical, Inc. to work with some doctors over there. He told me that as well and even called me before he got on the plane (it was quiet in the background). Of course I researched Vical and it was viable. Then he told me about the ERISA tests that he was running on the poultry on the farms. Of course, I researched the test, got smart about the biology, and started grilling him about the difference between an indirect application and a direct application of ERISA. He couldn't answer the questions, but laughed and said,"Good, I like that you are interested in my work."

Well best of luck to you all.

His handle on yahoo is dr8021@yahoo.com His international phone number is 011 44 704 571 2795. Another number from Chicago is: 708-572-4930. Another international number is 1042317689. His mother's email is Cynthia Ricciardi <cinricciardi@operamail.com>. His mother is a nurse volunteering on a cancer project now in Florence. His middle name is Timothy.

Post subject: Re: Anthony Leo Giovanni / blueriverpelicans / Avian Vet UN CMC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 pm 

Hi Ladies

Let me tell you about Anthony Leo Giovanni...

Leo, as he is called by those closest to him, initiated communication with me on eHarmony on 11 July 2008. We moved through the guided communication quite quickly to open communication and then onto Yahoo messaging. His yahoo handle is "blueriverpelicans".

His eHarmony id was "Tony" and he described himself on eHarmony as 41 years old, 6 foot tall, working in "animal health care".

This was his first email to me - does it sound familiar to you???

"Hey <name>,

How are you this morning? Sure you are awake and getting ready to face the day ahead. It's just the same for me except that my schedule seems to be distorted a bit with the fact that i have you to talk to now. It was so exciting coming on and noticing your email address which meant direct communication. It feels kind of weird though, i mean the whole internet stuff but just decided to give it a shot after so much adverts of it from my kid brother. Well, i don't know how this thing works but i think i do know how to go about getting what i want so ill start by telling you about me. Here it goes, wait....oh oh....you'll have to be patient cos its a long one.
I am Anthony Leo Giovanni. I have black hair and hazel eyes.I am 6'0 in height and fair in complexion. I was born in the states in California and i grew up partly there. My dad is from Milan in Italy and my mum is from Los Angeles . They currently reside in Milan together now and still happily married. I own a house here in East Melbourne which is currently where i live . I own two cars which i refer to as my German machines he he h eh eh. One is a porsche 911 and the other is a benz convertible.
I used to have a girlfriend whom i loved and adhored so much. She died about 3 years ago in a car accident.Too bad she didn't stay long enough for us to make up our promises to each other. All the same its been a while now and i think time is healing the wounds her absence left.
I am an avian veterinarian that works under a non-governmental organization (CMC) which is under the United Nations Food and Agriculture center. I also work for some other private organizations but based on contracts. From time to time i do travel overseas cos of my job. At times for meetings and conferences and the other times based on assignments with respect to my job from my organisation. I have been to places like Germany, Egypt, Kenya, Italy,Mexico and london where i currently own an apartment too. I do go there from time to time and i spend my free days there. Its in Finchley.
I just signed a contract lately which i am still preparing for. Its about the avian influenza(Bird flu disease) which i very well know you must have heard of. I will be leaving for a meeting in QLD later on and I don't know what the remaining of the day will be like but i do hope to hear more from you. I would like you to write me and tell me about yourself and send me pics too. It was really nice going through this phase with you and I hope to hear from you soon. Till then just know that a man has got his heart thudding for what you have in stock for him. Gracias!!

Leo..."

I was suspicious straight away - I mean it was all a bit too good to be true - but this was my first, and probably last, online dating experience so I figured I'd roll with the punches for a while.

I did hop onto the internet to find out if he existed but couldn't find anything of significance. The only thing I found was that the CMC existed.

Slight concern when I mentioned some iconic Italian thing and he made no comment about it at all. I also mentioned something about local TV and he completely ignored the question.

He sent me some photos (a different set to those already posted on the various forums) - he sure knows how to pick gorgeous men! And his emails were always charming and romantic. The English expression was a bit dodgy but could sort of be explained away by the background story. My being blinded by the fantasy probably also had something to do with it.

More warning bells when some of his early messages reeked of possessiveness...

"<name>, i would like to know something. I would like to know how many men you really communicate with from eH and to also know if you are still on there. Well guess it is not a problem but i really would love to know. Maybe not even from eH, how many men do you have in your life at the moment?"

The girlfrind in my case was "Steph". The brother, Eric, who lives in Piccadilly with his wife and two kids.

I gave him my mobile phone number about a week ago (from now) after he indicated he wanted to meet in person but he didn't use it (surprise, surprise). Then, what tragedy, he was called away to work overseas - the States, the UK and then, old faithful - Nigeria.

I had a weird phone call late last night that I didn't answer. A voice message was left but it was a "you are on hold" message repeated a few times and them some garbled speech that I could not understand. I wonder if it was him...

Then this morning I received the eHarmony message saying that his account had been terminated. I sent him a note to ask him about it and no doubt he would have told me that it was to do with his credit card being maxed out. Between sending that note and writing this, I kept googling and finally found these posts. I now know to search on occupation and bits of the story rather than on name and location since they always change

My thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. I admit I was completely sucked in by his fake charm and sexiness and feel like a bit of an idiot. But with the knowledge that I've gained from this and other forums, I'm now feeling empowered and have taken control of the situation. I can only hope he accepts my last "Dear John" message and leaves me alone now. It's certainly been a learning experience for me...

Post subject: Re: Anthony Leo Giovanni / blueriverpelicans / Avian Vet UN CMC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:00 pm 

Ah, true to form, here is the final message I received....

"Hey <name>,

How are you this afternoon? I don't think i know what time it is there now though. It felt good coming on and recievng a note from you except that its content has just left me devastated. I couldn't help thinking about you all throughout my flight. We had a problem before landing as the weather wasn't too good. We finally did though after hovering in the air for about 2 hours and here i am now writing you. I am happy to know that you are ok.

As for eH, I got an email from my credit card company stating that my card was billed over $300 for a month's subscription Was really outrageous cos i know it shouldnt be more than $60 tops. I wrote them a couple of times telling them to check their records and refund my card. But they kep writing back and referring me back to my credit card company. I had to call at a time and after keeping me on hold for mins they came back to say the same thing again. I got so upset at a point that i wrote them a stinker and told them to get my profile off their damned site. Noticed before i left that i didnt have access to their site anymore and my card was refunded. They also sent me an email stating so. It didnt matter to me though cos first of all, i was leaving and wont be needing the site while i am away. Secondly,cos i did have you to talk to but funny i think it is beggining to hurt that i did that cos maybe i might still be needing them anyway.

I actually don't know what to say about you and your <boy's name> but appreciate the fact that you took your time to tell me about it rather than disappear into the thin air and leaving me wondering what went wrong. Just had to write you this final note so i could at least clear the air before you moved on. I don't know how but i will definitely be able to deal with it and would cope fine cos afterall i have just known you for a couple of days now. Funny enough, my walls were already going down at a supersonic speed. Well <name>, i dont wish to waste any more of your time and so will just let you go. GOODLUCK WITH YOUR MAN.............

--- On Wed, 7/30/08, ehsupport@eharmony.com.au <ehsupport@eharmony.com.au> wrote:
From: ehsupport@eharmony.com.au <ehsupport@eharmony.com.au>
Subject: Your eHarmony account has been updated
To: blueriverpelicans@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 1:57 AM

Subject: eHarmony Account Information

Dear Tony,

Your eHarmony account has been updated as follows.

Date: 07/30/2008 11:57 AM
Description: Refund $-59.95
Transaction Reference Number: 38974906

If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our Help Center:
http://www.eharmony.com.au/singles/serv ... d=42&tId=1

If you'd rather, you may also contact our Customer Care department seven
days a week, twenty-four hours a day at 800-648-9548.

Thanks again for choosing eHarmony. We look forward to helping you find the
love of your life.

Sincerely,

eHarmony Customer Care

---------------------------------------------

This informational e-mail about your account has been sent to you as part of
your eHarmony membership. Please do not reply to this e-mail, as we are unable
to respond to your reply from this address. If you would like to contact
eHarmony, please visit our Help page:
http://www.eharmony.com.au/singles/servlet/support/help

This message was sent to blueriverpelicans@yahoo.com.

If you feel that you have received this message in error, please e-mail
customer care at eharmony-communication@eharmony.com.

Copyright 2008 eHarmony.com, Inc.
P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116 USA"

At least I'm safely off the hook...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:20 pm 

I am so glad that I posted my stuff as he seems to be escalating in tone, speed, and demands from reading your notes. Good riddance!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:45 am 

Dear ladies

I only read these today and Im soooo glad I did. Im conned by this same man met on eharmony on the 20th of Aug, his name now is Christopher Rossi. email: rossicristo@yahoo.com
same email , same wording just the name changed!!! I feel so robbed when I was feeling so lucky to have finally met someone!!

Thank you thank you thank you !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 am 

Hi xxx

How are you tonight?(though i don't know what time it is there now). I hope you and everyone around are fine. We finally got to Africa very early this morning. I tried getting online and on phone earlier on but their internet access here is quite unstable. The flight was okay but a little boring, i had you in mind though. Well,i guess the walk in the air(flight) gave me ample time to revive my nostalgic feelings( like a teenage first date, where you pray with apprehension that everything goes as planned). Hope it doesn't surprise you. I know the situation is a little different; (i mean- being older, but this time you just know what you want and why you really want it). Like a boy, who just got his first new toy(lol), i know this will really be different, as they say what makes you different makes you beautiful.

Actually, the weather is a little different now in Nigeria. I'm in Abuja( i spelt it the way it is pronounced, hope it's correct) at the moment, a nice place, the capital i guess. It seems like we would have to move to the northern part of the country, where they already have numerous reported cases.

Tomorrow, I hope to begin work in earnest. I heard we first have to submit a bunch of files to the ministry(ministries and their damn protocols!!!). I guess we would also have to employ a few competent hand(local ones) to assist in the surveys(both site and locality) and preliminary disinfection process while we wait for the arrival of the vaccine shipment. i guess it will be a little stressful(heard the weather is a little harsher there despite local folk aggression), hope its not the latter we would have to deal with.

Babe, I believe soon you will start asking me what attracted me to you? (Did you just start reading from here??, Didn't you read the upper part of this mail first?? (LOL) (just joking)). I know you did. Well, I would first say; Faith and your strong character but personally, your SmILE- it's GENUINE( one word!) and your eyes, it speaks; they are like-"I know, you know i know, but since you know i know you know, then you don't know i know you don't really know". Beauty they say and i believe, is what makes you different. Babe, sincerely i am not looking for someone i can live with, but someone i can't live without( Hollywood line!(LOL)) and i feel you really understand how i feel, if you feel the same way. I will be working here for not more than 2 weeks. I did a job like this in Indonesia last year so i have a good idea of what it entails.

I really look forward to talking to you soon. I made payments for a new phone here this morning and will have to wait on the delivery company to have it down to me. I really cant wait to talk to you. I am also sending you a song. It is a promise i make to you and though its not my voice singing it, i mean every word of it to you. The one thing i ask of you though is that you promise me that you will always remember that promises last forever, cos i wish to keep this till the end of time. I will check on you via messanger tomorrow. Be safe damsel.

Chris..........

hey xxx
I guess family is one important aspect in everyones life. I come from a very small family which makes it so easy for us to see each other. My kid bro lives in the Uk with his family which is often the center point in most of my trips. My parents live in Milan and i also make out time to check on them and see how they are fairing. My dad is retired and used to do oil business when he was working. He travelled all around the world to complete oil deals(buying and selling) and most of the trips i made with him. One of the reasons why i was home schooled when i was way younger. I graduated from the university of London, (RVC) where i obtained my doctorate in vet med and my masters in avian med. I did a lil of oil deals even after i graduated till i decided at one point to pick up my license and start practising. That was when i wanted to settle down and have a family. xxx, i really would love to hear more about you. I am attaching a couple of my pictures to this email, one is of me and my niece and i hope you like them. You can try and download the yahoo messenger and add me as rossicristo so we can get to look for each other and chat when we can. I would also like to hear more about your work. Open up your personality profile on eH so i can see it. I have made mine available to you and you can see at your will. You really made my day with your email and i bet you don't know how wonderful it is to come home and have someone to tell of your days. I hope to hear more from you soon and till then here is a rose to guard you and always remind you of me. It's a lil token from your new Italian friend. Avere un giorno grande quello bello.Chris.........

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:56 am 

Hi All,

He's at it again, this time under the name Anthony Leo Giovanni -

IP 69.147.103.179
blueriverpelicans@yahoo.com
first ph number: 0091 210-401-5276
new phone number: 7057871832 (add 234 at the start for Nigeria)

Found under e-harmony, same deal, 'Tony/Animal Health care worker'
Practially carbon copy messages of all the users below
Same story with girlfriend Steph, lost in car accident, brother Eric in UK, family in Milan
Place in Finchley, place in East Melbourne.
Same e-harmony message, then cancellation, then proof of a $59.95 refund
Same story re trip to Nigeria re Bird Flu, travel to USA/UK first

New pics though - different from the ones Ive seen on this and other scam websites, though used the same 'me at the farm picture' (different guy than in the original pics - as if there was no 'spot the difference!)

Story going the same way, bird flu identification, samples, destroying the birds, waiting for the vaccination whilst disinfection takes place, you all get the drill.

Additions to the stock standard emails:

That poem -
YOUR VOICE ON THE PHONE
It brings happiness
it brings hope
it brings laughter
it expresses love every time you hear it
it is filled with promises
its like a religion you believe in
where all you need is to have faith in what you hear
it assures you of a better tommorrow
you believe the both of you would share
it's not a voice i hear in my dream, actually
its just your voice on the phone
i would always want you xxxx

The music - he's expanded his tastes (for the worse....)

Tracy Chapman - the promise (as before)
Shania Twain - Im Jealous
Blue - U make me wanna

New initiatives.......

Asking for measurements to make clothing whilst overseas...
Being attacked by his assistant Solange whilst in the shower.

I could go on.......he never got to the point of asking for money, after I did some research through this great website I asked a few more questions and he tripped himself up on the pics, where he lived in Melb (the street he told me has no houses in it) plus a bit more detail

If anyones wants any further info let me know. Good luck all.

Attachments:
Me in the farm.jpg
Me in the farm.jpg [ 24.51 KiB | Viewed 53797 times ]
247773844.img.jpg
247773844.img.jpg [ 13.95 KiB | Viewed 53786 times ]
168369485.img.jpg
168369485.img.jpg [ 57.86 KiB | Viewed 53798 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm 

The picture he sent me were totally different. a gorgeous Italian. I feel sorry for the people whose pictures were stolen and used in this way. what a scumbag.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:25 am 

Hi Ladies,

This scammer now has another name DR CHRIS PERKINS, he is apparently from Washington, a vet, currently away to China buying vaccines for bird flu, wife died 10 December 2006 and has a little girl. Got suspicious when I logged in to talk to him and he replied as Leo!!!

"Everyday, when I awake from a dream of us together, I thank God I found you - I just wish I had more time with you to show you how much I love you. I feel so loved! I need only to think of you, of us, our love, hopes, and dreams. I want to spend my life with you, loving you and receiving your love in return. I long to be in your arms and feeling your touch".
He doesn't know I know yet!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Quote:
Got suspicious when I logged in to talk to him and he replied as Leo!!!

Always a "red flag" when they cannot even remember their own name. :roll:

If you can post his email address or any other information that he gave you, that would be great. Others may search out that information.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:28 am 

Hi ladies,

yes this person again in http://www.tagged.com with name dr.Chris Perkins, widoved, one daughter.
When you open the website, he use another photos now!!!
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5411802477
email : drchrisperkins@yahoo.com
now in Manchester, UK, veterinary doctor....the same lies....
He use yahoo messenger also.

details from his e-mail about him :
I am glad receiving your ideographs and getting to know about you over here, once again dear it's my pleasure.I was Born in United Kingdom, the only Son of my parent and partially grew up in New York before my Dad Died, that was some years ago though i and my mom had to relocate back to her Home in Manchester. Dad is a Sicilian and mom an English.Grew up in a wonderful Home and as a kid i was very close to my Parent, we share a lots in Common and they thought me lots. i graduated as a Veterinary Doctor , though i attended the university a bit late because i thought i was going to be a rev father, not until my mom Had pleaded that i make a name for the family, she wanted to have grandkids..lol

Anna, I am a Veterinary Doctor and work alone as contractor and most times as Consultancy to firms too and right now just trying to set up my own firm too in Washington. i have also sensed that we have so many things in common i am comfortable with the outdoors and indoors but prefers much of the indoors people said i have a very good sense of humor, though i am not the loud type, but loves lots of Jokes, very sensual and also very affectionate. I enjoy pampering/surprising my partner, and I also love to be nurtured in return. Sensuality is important to me, some of my favorite things are the salty taste of lobster simmering in a beurre blanc sauce, the smell of the ocean mixed with suntan lotion on a summer day, the cool, velvety softness of well-worn cotton sheets on a hot summer night, the gentle touch of a lover, the beauty of a home which has been designed to be inviting and welcoming, the sound of leaves rustling beneath your feet in the Fall.

Thanks to GOD, iam not victim, because after our first chatt i had many doubts and really with Gods help i found this website.
I hope with my words i wil help others ladies.

Post subject: Re: Andrew Dino Newell aka Chris Perkins - Avian Pathologist
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:49 am 

Chris Perkins aka Dr Chris Perkins

Yes he is also Andrew Dino Newell and various others sometimes female
Chris contacted me within 2 days of my going onto the perfectmatch website, I did a search on his charming paragraph a little too late "Sensuality is important to me, some of my favorite things are the salty taste of lobster simmering in a beurre blanc sauce, the smell of the ocean mixed with suntan lotion on a summer day" and found them on many dating webistes - given a list below

These are the detail he has given me
cell +447035951381
email fxchris44@yahoo.com
5.9”
Age 44
Dark Hair
Hazel Eyes
Caucasian
DOB 13 July
Widowed ( wife died Feb 2007) - wife dad is European and mom from Angola
Religious
Resides in Auburn Washington
His daughter, Casey age 6 stays at day care it seems most of the time (strange he seems to be able to be able pick her up as late as he wants, while at pub or shopping, surely day care closes)
Internship in Albany,New York - Veterinary Doctor
Profession Avian Pathologist / Currently on a work project in Dundee Scotland but will not specify location/ Previously in Turkey, China, contemplating coming to Africa soon.

[url]www.perfectmatch.com[/url]

Chris email from perfectmatch

Dear XXXX

I hope this note finds you happy and in good health. I hope that, whether or not it turns out that I am the one for you, that you do find that one person that you need. For the moment, let's hope it's me! its my pleasure getting to this stage with you .I just signed into this site recently, when i got you adds ,then went through your profile i was interested in getting to know you . Can you start by telling me about yourself? I would really love to get to know you more and how long have you been on this site. I am both an indoor and outdoor person that loves to appreciate the beauty of nature.I'm looking for someone who knows herself well and who has explored what has and hasn't worked in previous relationships. Someone who is confident, and isn't afraid to say "no" and isn't afraid to say "yes".Someone who is comfortable in the depth of intimacy, and who can be her own person at the same time. Someone of great character who isn't easily swayed by popular opinion. I guess i have to stop here and wait for your response soonest. Warmest Regards.

Cheers..
Chris

[u]
Some details from his email about him:[/u]

I am both an indoor and outdoor person that loves to appreciate the beauty of nature... I enjoy pampering/surprising my partner, and I also love to be nurtured in return. Sensuality is important to me, some of my favorite things are the salty taste of lobster simmering in a beurre blanc sauce, the smell of the ocean mixed with suntan lotion on a summer day, the cool, velvety softness of well-worn cotton sheets on a hot summer night, the gentle touch of a lover, the beauty of a home which has been designed to be inviting and welcoming, the sound of leaves rustling beneath your feet in the Fall.

I grew up in New York before my Dad Died, that was some years ago though i and my mom had to relocate back to her Home in Manchester, Dad is a Sicilian and mom an English. Grew up in a wonderful Home and as a kid i was very close to my parent. we share a lots in Common and they thought me lots. I graduated as a Veterinary Doctor , though i attended the university a bit late because i thought i was going to be a rev father. not until my mom Had pleaded that i make a name for the family, she wanted to have grandkids..lol. Mom lives in Blackley Manchester. Dad left for New York when he was actually transferred by the company he worked for in the UK. I loved nature and really wanted to be a Rev father when i was so young. Mom refused.. just because she needed grand kids. We use to have a farm behind our home in New York and this where o got to develop this love for animals, nature and life. I am a Veterinary Doctor and work alone as contractor and most times as Consultancy to firms too and right now just trying to set up my own firm too in Washington. I have also sensed that we have so many things in common i am comfortable with the outdoors and indoors but prefers much of the indoors people said i have a very good sense of humor.

My comments

As you can see the first paragraph he comes across charming and I have seen the first paragraph on various on-line dating websites – see links below.

He gets serious quickly, talks of marriage and children. His grammar and spelling are lacking at times. I feel there are different people chatting and possibly different genders, he often forgot what I told him previously as asked me same questions again a few days later, though his story stayed the same must have essay next to them to cheat. He likes to use terms of endearment like sweetie and hun. He likes to start off conversation, missed you or been missing you, like to chat more, get to know you better and likes to end off emails hugs and kisses.

Unfortunately for me, the first conversation I was very vulnerable at the time but then the logical side of brain kicked in a few days later, not in time for me to not send photo :cry: He found me on http://www.perfectmatch.com. After the first conversation he decided he was going to discontinue his subscription as he felt he found his partner and wanted me to discontinue, which I will be doing, don’t think I will do the online dating again, it has opened my eyes, pity these scammers spoil it for everyone else but they will eventually get their dues. He wanted me to visit in Dundee and then mentioned maybe he would visit me, possibly get a work project near where I live. He seemed clue-less as to where I was from, sometimes asking same questions even though it was on my profile.

He will tell you, he prefers to use yahoo messenger to communicate.

I won't post a picture as it is not him and the poor guy in the photo is a victim as well.

[u]Various on-line dating links which use exactly same wording "Sensuality is important to me, some of my favorite things are the salty taste of lobster simmering in a beurre blanc sauce, the smell of the ocean mixed with suntan lotion on a summer day" Though I feel these are only a few of the websites.[/u]

http://www.myspace.com/466294788
Samuels
42 / Male
Audubon, Iowa, US

http://www.flixster.com/user/mvbedonia/comments
leah james
leahjames17@yahoo.com

http://lovemaker.org/index.php?page=view_profile&id=90
Member Name: johnromano Member ID: 000124
John, widowed, 46

http://italianfriendfinder.com/p/member.cgi?mid=1119110_87514
DOB July 13, 1978 ( i see the same date and month as Chris Perkins)
Auburn, Washington, United States (same area different person)

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/willy00007/

44 / M / straight / Single / Liverpool, United Kingdom
I am a Veterinarian Doctor by profession.

http://www.blackplanet.com/patrick_12345good/
patrick_essence4christ@yahoo.com

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88451
00447045736673 (cell-phone)
ra_gomez65@yahoo.com

http://www.singlesbridge.com/profiles/tdvvidmkmheyebx1.html
jeovano1964
Jeovano Massimo - picture of a man but says he is 43-years-old female …. How stupid, A business man originally from Italy but have been in Cambodia for the past 8 yrs working on a project.

http://www.dutchdatingwomen.com/smithray/

Smith Ray / 40 / Petroleum Engineering by profession, and I specialize on Crude Oil and Gas Engineer

http://dateanamerican.com/viewprofile.php?id=59

http://www.perfectmatch.com
ChrisP
cell +447035951381
email fxchris44@yahoo.com
5.9”
Age 44
Dark Hair
Hazel Eyes
Caucasian