Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a scammer pretend to be a military personel in Iraq
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 am 

Hello everyone..:
I am glad that I can join and be here to tell you what happened to me...:(
Well, to start with...I have been scammed by someone who said that he's a member of US Army (a Sargeant) and now being deployed in Iraq. I met him on one of social networking sites available on the internet. He told me now he's in Camp Victory in Baghdad Iraq. When we first chat, everything went well and sweet...and I have never thought that he's a scammer. But after a while, I started to get suspicious since I started to realise some changes in his grammars. He made lots of grammar mistakes, that suddenly I thought that I speak my English way much better than him (I am Indonesian by the way and English is my second language...:)). He kept saying he's in love with me and wants to marry me and build family with me. When I was not online, he sent me email and worried....well...I guess it was just to prove me that he's really in love with me (which's weird). How can someone be in love with someone after only chatting for 2 weeks. He shared his life and family, sent me some poems and songs...etc...etc..., until one day he asked me that he wanted to buy a satelite ☎ to talk with me and to hear my voice. He said it's camp rule that they don't allow personnels to use any ☎ and if he can acquire it, it will be good for the both of us to communicate anytime we want... I mean I don't know the rules they have in the US Military about it, but my hunch was telling me that what he told me did not make any sense. He pretended to be confuse at first by telling me that he did not want to use my money to but the ☎ and to trouble me in any way. But at the same time, he kept pushing me (with the words 'I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH' every now and then). So I told him to think about it first. Then he said that he needed that ☎ soon, because probably he had to stay in Iraq until December and he could not wait to hear my voice. I told him I did not have that amount of money, and that I'm now not in Indonesia (I was in Romania at that time) and it was not possible to send any money since my account is in Indonesia. And guess what, he has the nerve for telling me to borrow the money from my brother or from a friend. This time I had enough...so I started to play along. And then I started palying games with him, like pretended that I was pissed because a friend of mine lied to me....etc etc...to see his reaction about it or to at least to make him realise that I know he's a scammer..but you know...once a scammer always be a scammer...:). After that I started to ignore him in any ways possible. Although he keeps sending me off line messages and emails. I mean I highly respect those in military. They have sacrificed enough, and they surely don't need anyone like those scammers destroying their integrity. I just wannt to share what happened to me. I mean, those scammers not only have done damaged inside the USA or UK...they've done damaged to me too...an Indonesian (a foreigner). Well, I did not send the money anyway, But the point is we have to really open our eyes about them and how unsafe the internet can be...And I hope there are people or authority who are willing to help the people who has been scammed. Thank you and I do hope this will help in any way..:)