ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Romanian Girl Who Broke Me Down To Nothing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 pm 

I do not know why I am about to post my sad story, maybe this is my way of closer.

I met a Romanian girl on a dating site (Mate1). I sent her the first message.
After couple months of chatting with web cams, talking on the phone, we both
decided it was time for us to meet in real. Before we did set a date for my visit
to her, she told me that she was scared to meet me because she has multiple sclerosis
and that I may not like her or want to get serious with her. I told her that was
nonsense, I would love her no matter what.

During this time, I would send money, always less then $100 at a time (via Western Union),
sent her flowers and I even sent her a new iPhone, that alone with FedEx shipping was
over $1000. All together, I sent her around $2,500.

Anyway, When I arrived in Bucharest, she was not at the airport like she told me she
would. I thought she was late due to missing a train or bus. I waited for over 3 hours,
I tried to call her but her phone was turned off. I got tried of waiting and started to
get bad thoughts. I had her address in Brasov, so I took a taxi there.

When I arrived at her house, her mother answered the door with a somber look on her
face and she handed me a letter and told me that Claudia is not home, to read the
letter. She then closed the door on my face.

I stood on the porch, read the letter, the more I read it, the more my heart was sinking.
She wrote me that how sorry she was but she and her old boyfriend (which I found out
later was her husband) made up and moved back to Italy to be with him. She did thank
me for the money and that she would find a way to pay me back.

After I got to my hotel room, I cried, I cried like a baby. I have never been so heart
broken in my life.

When I got back home, I went into deep depression, which costed me my job, friends,
and hard words between my family. I did find out that she was using me to get enough
money for airfare to Italy and to help pay off a gambling debt that her husband acquired.
My depression was so bad that I even tried suicide but failed at that too. No matter
what I did, I could not get over her or my broken heart, and my depression. I was
always a happy go lucky person, always having a smile on my face but no longer.
This lasted for over a year and a half. Even today a day does not go by without me
thinking about her.

I did try to find someone else but I was scared of getting hurt again, and no matter
what the women told me I was chatting with, I always had doubts. It was not the
money I spent (gave to her) on her that hurt me, it was the way she broke my heart.
And I did not want to have that pain again. Now a days, I am no longer looking for
my soulmate. I rather be single then to go though this again.
This girl hurted me that much.

Thank you for reading my sad story and I hope that it helps someone.

Post subject: Re: Romanian Girl Who Broke Me Down To Nothing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:47 pm 

Sadgary, I am so sorry to hear you were scammed. One way that might help you heal is to post her imformation, like emails, IMs, pics and email address on anti-scam sites. There are several anti-scam web pages on the net. http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php is one such place. Best of luck to you.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php