There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: needing advice about a romanian girl
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 pm 

Hi
I am looking for advice and hopefully reassurance regarding a situation i have found myself in recently.

I will make no bones about this and will be as frank as possible. I am from the UK and about a week ago i discovered a webcam site which is based mainly in sexual activity for which you are required to pay a membership and then pay a fee to take a girl into a "private". There is however a non-nude/romance section which i admit to having frequented. I did however keep getting "timed out" as i was not a member.

After a quick google search i discovered a website which gave free passwords and usernames in order to access the cam site as a member, although there was not any credits in these accounts so it was still impossible to take a girl into a "private" without adding credit to the account.

After an hour or so of perusing this site id came upon what i can only describe as one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen. She was also very chatty and though i never entered into private with her we talked at length and she would frequently ignore other users in order to chat with me - the rules of the site and the non-nudity section forbid her from becoming sexual in any way. she would also play music and we shared this along with many laughs on the site. She told everyone that she was from a country in asia and the her name was L.

After three nights of chatting and joking with no privates she then asked, through her microphone if i had yahoo messenger. I explained i did not and she then verbally explained how to set it up. whilst waiting for yahoo messenger to download onto my laptop she set up an account for me and gave the password. When i activated it we began chatting away from the site she was working on.

A week has passed since then and we have chatted most nights and long into the night. She gave me her real name and her real location in romania and she began to tell me about her life. As the week has passed she has told me more about herself and has told me of past boyfriends and her current live-in boyfriend. her name seems to check out as she has a site similar to facebook which has details and pictures which seem to back up some of what she says. She has not asked for any money and i have made it clear that financially i am ot in a position to give her any. She has told me of her past which appears to be quite abusive in many ways and told me of the problems she has faced mentally by working in the gender industry. She has told me that her current relationsip is based entirely on a brother/sister type of love rather than a sexual or romantic one.

When we talk she appears quite down on the cam and has had came online witout any make up or glamour. She is not on the site at the moment nd states that she has had to come off for health reasons and because her account has bee closed. Although she informs me that she will be returning to this line of work and that she will be doing so in the adult sexual way in order to earn cash.

I told er that when i was rich and working i would lend her money (in a joking way) and she immediately refused. She has not professed any love and does not seem to consider me attractive. In point of fact she seems to be saying that she is not attracted to anyone at the moment and she feels her current line of work has damaged her ability to be attracted to anyone in a sexual way. She has talked of needing surgey and that she will be going for tis soon and that she returns to school in october and that she needs this job to pay for tuition and rent. She has talked of the many scams which take place in her country and has said she hates wealthy people and that she does not want to be with a rich man.

She has told me that all she wishes from me is friendship and that she opes we continue talking as she feels a sense of support from me. She has said once before that she would like to meet up but that it would not be something which would happen til next year, she also saysthat she has another 4 years of school to attend.

She seems incredibly genuine and she seems to have really opened up to me. It does not feel like a scam and in any case I have nothing to be conned out of. However after seeing this site I see some similarites which include her tales of woe, school, and medical needs. However she seems to genuinley want to remain in contact and whilst i dont feel she is the love of my life i do feel very close to her when we chat. It has neer been sexual and we have never made plans nor are we likely to.

So is this a scam or am i being paranoid? I would love some advice and would be very gateful for the same.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Joe.

Post subject: Re: needing advice about a romanian girl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:54 am 

Hi Joe,

I have a similar story, but not quite the same. As you, I am "cautiously optimistic". Also proceed with caution. If she is not "all over you" with love and affection and/or has no interest in your money yet, then maybe it is OK. Time will tell. Most people will nto bother you wit htheir personal problems unless you are friends for a long time. Most Scammers will try and bait you a while, butnot usually past a month or two.

Time will tell.

George