ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am a big victim of a nigerian love scam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:35 pm 

Hello, I am italian and I was a victim of fraud by an alleged american citizen named MARK EKE in Nigeria for business. The scam lasted two years, I fell in love with this person and I lost the sense of things. I have good reason to believe that he doesn't work alone but part of a well-structured organization. I want to warn everyone has something to do with him at this moment, it seemed impossible to me that he was a scammer because he's very good to convince you that you're wrong and he is right. For me it's too late, but maybe I can help someone. I gave him a lot of money, if anyone has been contacted by him is careful, it will stop at nothing. It looks very good, he writes English fluently, is not a vulgar person. Again, it seems impossible that he may be a scammer. Greetings blue

Attachments:
PASSPORT (MARK EKE NEW).jpg
PASSPORT (MARK EKE NEW).jpg [ 148.07 KiB | Viewed 33843 times ]
mark4.jpg
mark4.jpg [ 126.5 KiB | Viewed 33842 times ]
mark2.jpg
mark2.jpg [ 122 KiB | Viewed 33841 times ]

Post subject: Re: I am a big victim of a nigerian love scam
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 am 

Hi there:

I saw your message this morning. I know the feeling you are going. I was scammed exactly two years ago to the day of $10k.

I can`t retrieve my money. The only thing I can do is to help others not fall into the scam trap.

When I got scammed, the scam was going on for at least two years. I have googled everything but forgot to googled the phone number. Ah well ...

I was naive in thinking eharmony and match.com are safe sites to meet people. These two sites are infested with scammers.

I was scammed by someone who pretended to be from the UK. She got a job in Nigeria (that was the TELLTALE SIGN that it was a scam, but she told me she had a choice to go either to Nigeria or China). So, she used China as an option so that it does not ring as a scam. Later, after she got the job to Nigeria, she lost her credit card. Needed money, I got scammed of a few thousand dollars to send her back to UK.
Back in the Uk, she had a terrible accident and was in hospital and needed money. That was when I grew suspicious. It turned out the whole scenario was played while she was all along from ENUGU, Nigeria and using international phone diversion.

They have organized syndicates in US, Canada. The day I found out it was a scam, and I didn't return their calls (more than 20 calls). The calls began coming from Colorado, and other parts of the world.

Their trick is to build rapport for months, giving the impression you are in love. She sent me lot of poems all coming from various sites on the internet.

There were lots of red signs/clues:
She said she loved me from the first email.
She sent lot of poems how we can be together.
She was eager for me to contact her and her parents.

The clearest clue was the fact she went to Nigeria. That should have triggered my suspicion.

Also, when i tried to stop my last batch of money after having found out it was a scam. Western union seemed to be happy to give the scammer my money. Afterall, it was a transaction for the company. So, the company told me it cannot be undone although it was only five hours after I sent the money I contacted them.

I recently made a complaint to Western union about why people in Nigeria do not need an ID to collect money from the bank. This makes absolutely no sense. The rest of the world is doing it, why not in Nigeria. Well, I learnt that the Nigerian govt. and banks are going to do nothing. The countryébank is going to collapse under itself unless it has foreign currency. So, it sees the scammers as a source of foreign income. So, they will do nothing. No wonder that Nigeria is ranked complete bottom with Zimbabwe in the recent world best place to stay.

At this stage, you will go through a denial phase. The pictures are fake. The scammer could be a kid of 15 years. Just stop communicating with the scammer. That was the advice I received when I was scammed. Even until today, it affects me. I believe in justice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:46 am 

Hi rennie,
thanks for your support, I think even I will recover my money but, like you, I just want to help those who are in a scam of this kind, even if (when I was inside the story) I never thought that so sweet and loving man was a crook. Really, I wouldn't believed, and surely you can understand what I mean. He was a great manipulator, tooks my confidence and made me believe what he wanted. I'm still shocked about that!
Now when I hear named "Nigeria" I feel a shiver down my spine. In that place there will be certainly many good people but also many bad people. I am not racist just realist.
You are right, the only fact that someone live or work or have something to do with Nigeria is suspect, and this is what I want tell clear to everyone is involved with somebody who comes from there.
I agree with your arguments about the politics of the Nigerian Government, they don't do anything to fight against these scammers but probably see them as a resource. All this is terrible because we have no chance of justice. Anyway thanks again, it's important to talk about all this, it makes me feel less alone (and stupid ...), bye blue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 am 

I forgot to tell before that I knew him in WWW.ONEMEET.IT, I think is important this information, bye blue

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am 

Hello I have not been scamed but a woman that I used to be involved with has been scamed out of almost 80,000 dollars buy this guy named Lescourt and he has convinced my friend that he has been in contact with someone that has connections with a gold mine and will sell him gold at a discount (we all know that gold does not get sold at a discount just because you buy a larger quainity) but he convinced her that they would and he needed her assistance to get it out of the country that he had other investors as well and had to pay customs to get out of the country all the wihile he is telling her that he loves her and even went as far as to come to the US if he was not already here met her took her to this house in Conn. claiming it to be his and has her so blinded she can't see the truth. He has not come back and promises her that he will but he needs more money. It gets even worst he has purchsed items on line TV's, jewlery and other things obviously with her money had them sent to her home and told her to ship them to him in Africa. It's the same story over and over again I want to help her but I don't know what I can do to break this grip that this guy has on her.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:13 pm 

Babyblue, I am sorry you were scammed. The pics and passport this scammer sent you were stolen. The picture of the man is not the scammer. He too is a victim in that his information was stolen and is being used to scam others.

Quote:
I think even I will recover my money

I am sorry to say that you will not recover any of your money. In fact you may be scam out of more money in what is called a recovery scam. In this type of scam the scammer who scammed you in the first place will send you an email from a different email address and username saying he can get your money back. This is not true. Google recovery scam. You might be surprised at what comes up.

You have already done one of the best things by posting the information about the scammer. You may also want to file a complent with the IC3, while it will not help you, it will help the IC3 in seeing trends in scams. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The next step it to tell your family and friends about scams. Also you can sign the petition Shawn has started for Scam Education and awarenes programs. The link to the petition is in her siggy line.

Best of luck to you.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 am 

Thank you Janez, about your advices ... I know I will never get back my money, I really don't think even more, I look forward. He left me totally without money, I get just my work but also debts to pay ... a really bad situation but, honestly, now I feel free and this feeling is priceless. I didn't realize what kind of prison I was ... Now I'm poor of money but not of spirit and at last between me and that scammer I think he is the poorest. But this is philosophy of course ...
You are right when advice me to talk with my family and friends. I did it but it was very very difficult for me because everyone looked at me like I am crazy. I felt ashamed of myself about my idiocy ... Everybody asked me "the why" of all this but I couldn't answer in a rational way ... At last I told them "it's as if I had been abducted by aliens for two years". And it's really what I feel now. I felt in love with this man because he gave me all the affect and care and attention that I needed, this is the why ... but how can I explain to the world what has happened only with "need of love"? Rightly they take me to crazy.
Thank you for wishes, I really need also some luck now, bye blue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:02 am 

tmate wrote:
Hello I have not been scamed but a woman that I used to be involved with has been scamed out of almost 80,000 dollars buy this guy named Lescourt and he has convinced my friend that he has been in contact with someone that has connections with a gold mine and will sell him gold at a discount (we all know that gold does not get sold at a discount just because you buy a larger quainity) but he convinced her that they would and he needed her assistance to get it out of the country that he had other investors as well and had to pay customs to get out of the country all the wihile he is telling her that he loves her and even went as far as to come to the US if he was not already here met her took her to this house in Conn. claiming it to be his and has her so blinded she can't see the truth. He has not come back and promises her that he will but he needs more money. It gets even worst he has purchsed items on line TV's, jewlery and other things obviously with her money had them sent to her home and told her to ship them to him in Africa. It's the same story over and over again I want to help her but I don't know what I can do to break this grip that this guy has on her.

Hi tmate, I'm really sorry for your friend but I can understand her ... My experience has been very bad because I didn't talk with anyone about what happened to me, instead your friend talks with you and this is a good starting point. However it's difficult to help her because she can't believe that man is a scammer, as I couldn't believe with "my" scammer. They are very very good at make believe you're mistaken if you doubt of them. But you can do something, you can tell her to ask him some evidence of his existence like see him on webcam (my scammer had every time a good excuse not to show). However don't leave her alone, talk with her about this relaction, show her the contradictions, instills doubt, don't tire, she is as if is drugged ...
Many wishes for you and your friend, blue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 am 

Hi blue

Sorry you had to experience this. Good you are trying to fight back.

I am new here, so I am not sure what is allowed, but there are several flaws in that passport that is supposed to be his.
For one, according to the pass his name is Eke Mark.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:37 am 

Pennywise wrote:
Hi blue

Sorry you had to experience this. Good you are trying to fight back.

I am new here, so I am not sure what is allowed, but there are several flaws in that passport that is supposed to be his.
For one, according to the pass his name is Eke Mark.

You are right pennywise, I am not used with english language and I didn't realize about this detail .... then, looking well that passport, I see a very bad photo (it seems a very bad scan) ... but the problem is that even if I had seen and heard everything at time I wouldn't have given importance to this, because I was convinced that he was really good ... I was really brainwashed and it's much more absurd because I am a rational person ... I lost my rationality with this man, I really thought it was love. Now I see all my mistakes but now it's late. Anyway thank you for your contribute, bye blue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 am 

Hi Blue my friend got very mad at me for talking about this guy and stopped talking to me I just don't know what to do. I guess I will have to let her figure it out for her self no matter what I do to try to convince her that this guy is a scaartist con man she still says that she loves him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 am 

Maybe this can convince your friend.

Person in the photos is Ross Yerger. He is a male model and has a portfolio at Model Mayham.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/535638/viewall

This is where the photos are coming from as you can see for yourself.

Photos are being used by more than 1 scammer.
I also found them on matchmaker.com on a profile for gay New York men.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 am 

tmate wrote:
Hi Blue my friend got very mad at me for talking about this guy and stopped talking to me I just don't know what to do. I guess I will have to let her figure it out for her self no matter what I do to try to convince her that this guy is a scaartist con man she still says that she loves him.

In fact love is the problem in this situation ... Believe me, they are great manipulators and so good at touching the emotional part. I'm so sorry for your friend but you don't leave her alone, even if she doesn't talk with you about this story and even if she doesn't realize what is happening now she need an help. I understand her position and I can't really advice you about what is better to do, maybe not make her feel that you judge but understand ...
It's a psychological problem and untill she realizes that has a problem you can't do too much.
All my wishes, bye blue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 am 

The model portfolio shows the real info of the guy on the photos. Maybe your friend can give him a call, or write him a mail.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 pm 

Another thing you can do when posting scammers is to include their username's, emails address and IP Address. This way google will pick it up and anyone who googles the information will find the scammer posted here or any one of the other anti-scam sites.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php