There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: scamr name: LAUREN; 52 - 13 Sergeant Major US army - Afgan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:12 am 

Hi,

I am so glad that there is a site like this one to help those who have trusted these parasites. I have had scammers before on dating sites especially RSVP but i have never posted anything on a site like this before. So here goes.

e-harmony!! I haven't used it in a while and last week i got a 'wink' for a male (no picture) who wanted communication. His profile stated that he was 52 (i'm 39) and he lives at a place over here in Western Aust called Mt Pleasant. His name is Lauren?. At the time of writing this, his profile is still there just search under lauren. Anyway, his profile said that he realised his dream and succeeded when he joined the army in '75 and he is now the 13 Sergeant Major. RED flag #1. Being Aussie, i don't know much about US army so, google being the wonderful tool that it is, i googled that job description and me back with a photo of the real 13th Sgt Mjr. It is a 'one-person' position not a division. then i thought, maybe his english isn't that good and he meant to type that he works 'with' the 13th Sgt Mjr. Still my PI skills were buzzing.

He sent me his list of questions where were standard choice for the list you have. I replied. I sent my standard list; he replied. I sent my 3 writen questions which were 1. Do you live permanently here in Aust or are you o'seas? 2. What made you choose my profile?. 3. Why do you not have a pic up here on your profile?

His answer to the first Q was he has never been to Aust (RED flag #2) but hopes to come here when he finishes his current tour of duty in Afgahnistan (RED glag #3).
His answer to the 2nd Q ; why me?, was because my eyes appealed to him;he loved how i expressed my opinons and thoughts and he thinks that i am a lovely person. Of course i just said "oh please"as he doesn't even know me and already he is starting with the flattery. For question 3, he said that due to his rank and positon with the army, and the fact that he is linked with the CIA, he could not put his pic on a public dating site but if i don't mind he would send me one from another email address. He went on to say that his 'reputation' could be 'tarnished' otherwise..

His questions back to me were interesting. He asked what my job as a lender is like and how do i face challenges that come up? then he asked about my chruch and what ministry i serve etc. and then the thrid Q was what activities or interests could i see us doing together.. I answered the 3rd Q with the truth which is i am an historian and collect WWI memorabilia and like anything invo lving war.....

The next step is for him to come back to me with a request for open communication, that was 2 days ago and he hasn't emailed me....I am certain this guy thinks i will know more than he and i will be on to him, so i am not expecting a reply,

Ladies, he is out there and heis quite articulate, not illiterate like a lot of them. He used big words and spelt them correctly and used thim in their proper context. If i hear anything more, i will post again..... i was hopeing to get him to the stage of supplying a photo, but that may not happen.... Stay focused and question these guys you meet on line, if they are true and genuine you won't scare them off with questions.

take care all.
Char.