ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: military scam
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:20 pm 

The scamming i endured was from someone claiming to be a US military man. I can't believe I ever fell for it as I'm sure you all are saying the same thing. Of course it all starts with the nice words they tell you then eventually led into money matters. I am a very strong person but I tell you this situation definitely broke the camels back. I've tried several ways to research all that happened. I do have a check that the scammer sent to me to try and cash but of course I did not cash it. Is there anyway I can trace the check back to the company it is written out from and if this has happened to anyone else that the scammer claimed to be a military man i would love to hear your opinions. thank you

Post subject: Re: military scam
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

So far we have not found a way to catch these guys because they are in Nigeria and it would have to be the government and law enforcement over there that would have to do something about it.

Report the scam to the IP server that he is using and tell them that you know that the email account is being used by the scammers; they may shut down the email account.

Then, contact your Attorney General's office and tell them about it, some have held press conferences to send out a warning to the entire state about this scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:14 am 

I have two different military scammers....
the first one I unfortunately fell for ...his user name is Jake_brown004@yahoo...he claims to be a USsoldier deployed in Iraq, a SGT with Mountain task Force and that he needs help with an inheritance his father left him. He will sweet talk you and make all sorts of promises and even send you pictures..but of couse its not him. He will tell you that a man by the name of Martin Agbenavor is his agent and that he would help with paperwok....well its all a scam and they are really in Accra, Ghana. Martin email address is Maertinagbenavor(martinpiallto)@yahoo. Stay away from these two.....they scamed alot of money from me..I have made reports to all proper agencies even to Ghana police. In fact I reported this to yahoo, never got a response and the guy is still sending me emails and trying to get me on instant message. PLEASE BE CARE!!! I can't stress this enough...

Second scammer...I caught onto...he also poses as a SGT with Marine Task Force stgeorgecambell@yahoo. I encountered him on yahoo personals. He put up a profile then deleted it. He gave me his email address so we could communicate. He then said he wanted to talk on phone but that I needed to register with his base...well to make a long story short he gave me this email address marinetelcom@usa .com and that it would cost $350....I google address and bingo..alot of women are complaining about this same man. I started noticing something was wrong when I would ask him certain questions and he would get annoyed....he even had the nerve to try and switch it up and say I was a scammer..what an idiot. Well he still does not know I'm on to him but I have been posting him on all sites I can so he does not pull this on anyone at least not with this email address.

I just want to add that there are a couple of websites that are useful for checking on scammers...Roancescam.com and datingnmore...this one has a list of user Id's they try and use..hope this is helpful to everyone here...

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 am 

Ladies to follow up on this animal impersonating a soldier...sgtgeorgecambell@yahoo...if he contacts you and wants you to email marinetelcom.@usa.com...this is what they send you back..

Ts2 satellite communication system give you the ability to stay connected in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Dear Ms

The marinetelcom communication specialize in providing global satellite access services. MIC solutions have been implemented for United States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, United State Air force , United State Navy (USN), United State Marines in Afghanistan, Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, NATO Forces in the Middle East National, Headquarters of military base , Border Guard .. we specialize in the enhancement of Information Technology and Communications Vertex Aerospace.For this service to be rendered to subscribers , a subscription fees of $400 must be made payable to through western union to the agents address below:

Name: Vanessa St John.
State:Michigan
City Kalamazoo.

After we receive your mtcn number emailed to us we can start our processor concerning the phone connection In Afghanistan.All payments must be made payable days after you receive our email.we advice you provide our with the correct information below.

Your Full name
Subscriber service provider
Phone number
Country.

we hope you enjoy our services
Commander Carr Maxwell.
Marinets2 Communication Afghanistan

Notice how the fee went from $350 which is what he said first ..to $400. It does have a logo on top with Ts2 on my email but that is a private company. He also said that the name of his base is Tora Bora but that is a location...not the name of base. Also notice how payment is going to Michigan. Hope this helps stop him from fooling someone.