ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: scam in progress
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:45 am 

Well, to read this blogs and to read up on internet dating scams I now realize I am not the smart person I thought I was. I decided to try internet dating. The first ended with the request for money. The second was going good till the request for money, only they had realed me in. Now on way to the airport they in accident???? now need money to save lives, now 3 different names involved, then phone call from another, 2 bank checks involved, it gets even more complicated.... now tomorrow they are using guilt on me that if i don't send 8500 for surgery then this person is going to die. So I am expecting to get a text or email that because I didn't send the money this time (and yes they got me for all they could so far) he died. Where are they now....Ecuador! How did I guess fraud? Called the bank after the second check and was told it was a fraud, called the sender on the fed ex package of 2nd check, older couple card charged and they knew nothing. Police told me this is very common. They even had so called nurse call me last night from the hospital in Ecaudor to give me update??!!! So now tomorrow I must talk to the bank about these checks as yes they are sitting in my account waiting. And I couldn't believe they were credited to my account even after being told it would take at least 5 buisness well they played me, so we can be very gullible no matter how well we think we are not. I guess I have not stopped the communication because I really want to see how far they will go, how many more names/people become involved! But believe no more money. What a rackett!

4/13/09 Update: they have now brought into picture person son who was suppose to be in accident and fighting for life. He email me saying he said 1000 and all he could get, of coarse his email address was sent to me. So now there is the person who is in the hospital, his "worker" who is now contacting me for more money for surgery, the doctor at the hospital, ?a nurse at the hospital who called?, the injurered persons son. Is there no end??? There will be no more money sent BUT I am waiting now for them to say he died. They are already saying it will be my fault but I am no longer buying that. My curiosity is waiting to see how far they play this out. Of coarse I am still waiting for those checks that were credited to my account to bounce sky high.
I wish there was a way to catch these people, or a way to call this hospital and find if such a person is there. Ha Ha??????
Get many many text messages every day, up to over 80 now, and like continuous conversations. Problay almost 20 in the last hour.

:arrow:another update: now the injured person is being "kept in a coma for another 10 days thinking the money will come", in the mean time I found the email address for the red cross in Quinto Ecaudor and have asked for their help to see if they can check this hospital and check on this person. But the police are also sending emails to all the addresses and calling all of the numbers I have been given...so this will be interesting what if any the responses are. This persons son has emailed me several times also today begging me to do something more in one sentence and in the next how I will be responsible if he dies. So still ongoing, will keep you updated. If this wasn't happening to me, i would have a hard time believing it.....

Last edited by jdhurt on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: scam in progress
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:51 am 

Quote:
I now realize I am not the smart person I thought I was

jdhurt, so sorry you were scammed. Romance love scammers are by far the most evil scammers on the net. Not only do they steal money from their victims, but they, what I like to call, emotionally rape their victims. If you haven't done so already please go to the link below and post any inforamtion you have on this piece of slim. By doing so you can prevent someone else from being scammed by this scammer.

BTW you must be a very caring, sensitive and compassionate person. The type of person scammers go after. Hold your head high as you did nothing wrong and you did not deserved to be scammed.

http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:31 pm 

jdhurt wrote:
Well, to read this blogs and to read up on internet dating scams I now realize I am not the smart person I thought I was. I decided to try internet dating. The first ended with the request for money. The second was going good till the request for money, only they had realed me in. Now on way to the airport they in accident???? now need money to save lives, now 3 different names involved, then phone call from another, 2 bank checks involved, it gets even more complicated.... now tomorrow they are using guilt on me that if i don't send 8500 for surgery then this person is going to die. So I am expecting to get a text or email that because I didn't send the money this time (and yes they got me for all they could so far) he died. Where are they now....Ecuador! How did I guess fraud? Called the bank after the second check and was told it was a fraud, called the sender on the fed ex package of 2nd check, older couple card charged and they knew nothing. Police told me this is very common. They even had so called nurse call me last night from the hospital in Ecaudor to give me update??!!! So now tomorrow I must talk to the bank about these checks as yes they are sitting in my account waiting. And I couldn't believe they were credited to my account even after being told it would take at least 5 buisness well they played me, so we can be very gullible no matter how well we think we are not. I guess I have not stopped the communication because I really want to see how far they will go, how many more names/people become involved! But believe no more money. What a rackett!

4/13/09 Update: they have now brought into picture person son who was suppose to be in accident and fighting for life. He email me saying he said 1000 and all he could get, of coarse his email address was sent to me. So now there is the person who is in the hospital, his "worker" who is now contacting me for more money for surgery, the doctor at the hospital, ?a nurse at the hospital who called?, the injurered persons son. Is there no end??? There will be no more money sent BUT I am waiting now for them to say he died. They are already saying it will be my fault but I am no longer buying that. My curiosity is waiting to see how far they play this out. Of coarse I am still waiting for those checks that were credited to my account to bounce sky high.
I wish there was a way to catch these people, or a way to call this hospital and find if such a person is there. Ha Ha??????
Get many many text messages every day, up to over 80 now, and like continuous conversations. Problay almost 20 in the last hour.

:arrow:another update: now the injured person is being "kept in a coma for another 10 days thinking the money will come", in the mean time I found the email address for the red cross in Quinto Ecaudor and have asked for their help to see if they can check this hospital and check on this person. But the police are also sending emails to all the addresses and calling all of the numbers I have been given...so this will be interesting what if any the responses are. This persons son has emailed me several times also today begging me to do something more in one sentence and in the next how I will be responsible if he dies. So still ongoing, will keep you updated. If this wasn't happening to me, i would have a hard time believing it.....

4/14 update: well where are we now? Last night I found the phone number for the company that supposedly wrote the checks, left a message begging them to call me, oh they did, their buisness account was beached at least 7 times that they know of and is now closed. The checks are a forgery. I received an email from Google telling me the site address for this hospital in Quinto Ecuador was also abused. I even went so far as to email the red cross in Quinto asking them to check on this so called person in the hospital . And right this minute I am on the phone with an AT+T message service. The person wants me online. I had text earlier that I knew the checks were a forgery and they are still persisting!!!!!!!! So will come back after this little chat, and I am going to contact the media, Don't know what they can do but we will see. I'm like a dog with a bone right now!!!

Well, this person wants me to borrow money from family, then cut me down because I say can no do. Needs decent food to eat, is at friends house on breathing machine, types pretty darn good! for such a sick person. Many explanations on why the checks were canceled. Even gave him info on how to reach the red cross and the american embassy there. No response to that, just keep going on how I should be sending money. This went on and on till said "Oh let me die". So said your choice if you don't want to help yourself!
Now today texting (amazing how now can do this since last night the calling card was running out) several times wanting my account information and how many accounts did I have? then 200.$ to which the response was a simple no each time. Sent again today the information received back from the red cross today on how to contact them. Told him to call and help himself (again). This sounds short but in fact over several hours. In mean time have emails into Dateline NBC and Contact 6 so will see if any response comes. Gave the american embassy the email addresses and phone number in Quinto that shows up.
At least the good news was that when I called the bank to talk to them about the overdrafts now have due to checks no good and they charged fees for this. Gave them the detectives name and the case number for this. They are taking back the charges and covering me until my paycheck. They were wonderful. Helps to stay with one bank for a long time! Sad part am back to square one, hate the thought of a second job but may have to.
So now will wait. But is now getting tiring, I think I may just "hang it up soon", tired all the typing verbal sparing. I think my next step is to say that the bank contacted the police and a report is filed and I am being watched. If that doesn't get them off my back then I don't know what else will. Maybe change numbers?? That is such a pain. A lesson that will never be forgotten. But I refuse to let it get me down any longer. I am the good person in this!!!!
Hopefully this will be the end, but I almost doubt it. I just may get fired up again, who knows.
Well the american embassy emailed back, tried calling him, emailed him and he did not respond, text me demanding acct info, more money then wanting to have money wired to my acct. Then suddenly in UK, going to be fine, finally hopefully it ended. Thankfully my bank understood, stopped all charges against me for overdrafts, returned checks, promised to cover any legitimate debits coming in till my paycheck comes. My last email to him was that if he were an honest person he will refund my money some day. Fat chance of that I know but made me feel better to have the last word????
Hopefully this has all now ended. But I think I will be looking over my shoulder. Says he would never want anything to do with me again Ha Ha, but then again to yell at me in person. But it least it will be my home turf.
Thanks for listening. And if this helps any one else.... that would be a blessing.

Must add in here that the american embassador did try calling him and emailed. He got the email, says never got the call because he was taken to the UK, so this is where he is suppose to be now. So I gracially emailed the ambassador back thanking her for her help and apparantly he really did not want help, just my money. So KNOW THIS, each country has an american embassy and you can find contact information on the net, along with the red cross. Don't be afraid to use it!! They have responsed promptly and try to help.

4/16/09 Believe it or not, during the night I had an AT+T messagener message asking "You can't mean it, come on line honey", this was at 1243am. I did not listen to it till morning and did not go on line. No further contact so hopefully the message got across.
So will see now, I don't think I had said; his excuse for the checks bouncing was that they had heard about his accident and stopped payment on the checks feeling there were too many names involved.

so yes the feelings this has left me with is the feeling of both being financially and emotionally raped. Sad part is I started smoking again. So now have to stop that again. :( So I keep saying this is it, but who knows what tomorrow will bring......

Back again......
4/18 he is back on line, now staying at sons in UK, "son take care of hospital" "doesn't want him talking to me" BUT "wants me" and of course "wants me to send him money for plane ticket so he can come to me to straighten all this out". I told him he can get here on own, come with all the money, and explain it to the police. Was shocked that I still say it is all a scam, that checks were a forgery, that I went to the police. How could I do such a thing?? Again I say goodbye, end it. So will see again tomorrow??

Last edited by jdhurt on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm 

Quote:
I am going to contact the media

Good for you. Dateline NBC has been doing shows on internet scams so you might want to notify them too.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:13 am 

thank you, I have emailed Contact 6, I will Dateline. They brought the "injured" person back on to try to get money from my family now. The next saga continue tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: scam in progress, john h huffine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:20 pm 

I realized in re reading this I didn't put in addresses, he still occ. tries to contact me, he says he is stuck in UK yet at his sons as doesn't have money to get back to Equador and get his stuff so he can come back to US. Uses AT+T messanger service where he types and I get a call with them reading his messages over the phone. Also sends emails. Wants me to give him CC info or bank info to have a friend transfer money so I can send it. His address is johnh.huffine@yahoo.com. I don't know how to download his picture but amazingly if you go to facebook and plug in his name is picture comes up (one of the 4 he had sent me) saying he is from Australia. Of coarse he denies knowing anything about facebook. :twisted: So wanted to add this update in case he is trying this on anyone else. The name used for his son is Mark Huffine at a UK yahoo address. No new contact since I told him he was nuts if he thought I would give out info like that to anyone. BEWARE!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:57 pm 

oops gave wrong site, is is myspace not face book

Here is the pic, hope it comes through

Attachments:
jh.jpg
jh.jpg [ 6.59 KiB | Viewed 15639 times ]