ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warning to women--Terry Smith
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 am 

This guy contacted me through Chemistry.com and we exchanged a series of emails through the site then moved to Yahoo Messenger. Pretty quickly he began to tell me how wonderful I am, etc. It was too much. His story was that he grew up in Germany, father German, mother American. Married young, wife died in childbirth early on. Never remarried. Said he moved to America with his mother after college. Anyway, we got to the point where we were going to meet and he let me know that his sister had called from Germany and his uncle had gotten ill. He had to leave to go back to Germany. I haven't heard from him since! He even called me several times and we talked. When I tried to call him back on the number he had called me, the phone was disconnected. When I mentioned this to him, he made some vague excuse that really didn't make sense. Many things started to add up to the fact that I was being scammed. I figured I could help someone else avoid this guy. I am attaching the pictures he sent me, including one of his supposed pet, a german shepherd. It's really amazing how much time he spent convincing me of his story. His name, as he told it to me, is Terry Smith. His email is: xag202@gmail.com, the phone numbers he gave me are: 303-351-9013 (This is a Colorado number--where I live--and turns out to be some kind of voicemail message system.) He told me that he lived in Colorado but called me from this number 973-482-3624 which is a New Jersey number (the one that had been disconnected.) Just hope this information is helpful to someone. Let me know if anyone knows of this guy. Thanks.

Attachments:
Terryy.jpg
Terryy.jpg [ 28.98 KiB | Viewed 7981 times ]
germany_sherperd.jpg
germany_sherperd.jpg [ 23.62 KiB | Viewed 7978 times ]
Terry.jpeg
Terry.jpeg [ 85.46 KiB | Viewed 7980 times ]