ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HIS NAME IS DERICK COLE FROM EHARMONY!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:08 am 

I MET THIS MAN THROUGH EHARMONY ABOUT A WEEK AGO. HIS NAME IS DERICK COLE OR IS IT????!!!! HE FELT SKETCHY FROM THE START BUT I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY ANYWAYS. HE WAS A WIDOWER, WIFE DIED FROM CANCER, NO KIDS AND LIVED IN THE UK DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS WORKING AS AN ENGINEER THERE, BUT HIS EHARMONY PROFILE SAID HE WAS FROM NEW YORK, NY. BY THE SECOND CHATTING HE SAID I LOVE YOU, WHICH IS RIDICULOUS, AND SARTED TO SAY HE WAS LOOKING FOR HOTELS IN MY AREA BECAUSE HE HAD A 2 WEEK HOLIDAY COMING UP AND HE WANTED TO COME TO MY AREA AND SPEND IT WITH ME. I STARTED TO WONDER WHAT THIS MAN WAS UP TO AND DECIDED TO GOOGLE HIM. AFTER AWHILE LOOKING AT DIFFERENT SEARCHES, ONE POPPED UP TALKING ABOUT WEBSITE SCAMS AND IT DREW MY INTEREST!!!!! GUESS WHOS PICTURE POPPED UP RIGHT AWAY!!!! THE 2 SAME PICTURES HE HAD POSTED ON EHARMONY!!!!!! THATS WHEN I REALIZED I WAS BEING SCAMMED!!! THANK GOD I CAUGHT IT IN TIME, BUT I KNOW OTHER WOMEN AND/OR MEN ARE FALLING FOR STUFF LIKE THIS EVERY DAY. JUST WANTED TO LEAVE THIS INFORMATION HERE AND HIS PICTURES, SO PEOPLE CAN FIND OUT MORE ON THIS GUY AND WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Attachments:
File comment: DERICK
deric.jpg
deric.jpg [ 45.42 KiB | Viewed 32453 times ]
File comment: DERICK 2
deric.jpg
deric.jpg [ 45.42 KiB | Viewed 32426 times ]

Post subject: Re: HIS NAME IS DERICK COLE FROM EHARMONY!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:16 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

can you please post any email addresses he was using to communicate with you, or if he gave you his home address or phone number, post that also . . . these are all things that other people may google, and it could lead them here so that they will know that he is a scammer also.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:43 pm 

THE EMAIL HE USED TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME WAS DERICKCOLE231@YAHOO.COM AND THE PHONE NUMBER HE GAVE WAS +447035915478, BUT I NEVER CALLED HIM. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:29 am 

This sounds exactly like my story. I met a guy on eharmony who said he was ZonaHawkins,a geophysicist/contractor. He posted he lived in New York,New York but then said he was living in the UK.After a few days,he traveled to Nigeria for work. He was on contract for the BG group and was shipping oil barrels from Lagos to the UK. He was robbed and lost his briefcase,passport and money. He needed money to get back home and ultimately to me in California.He professed his love to me immediately. He used God to entice me.Talked about God,quoted verse and said God brought us together. I was his angel,his soulmate....blah,blah blah.How stupid I was to believe him!!!He was a smooth operator,knew exactly what to say to woo you into falling for him.Oh,he said he was Italian and had a 15 yr old son Mark,whom he raised by himself.He was divorced for 8 yrs and his ex lived in Manhattan. I was given a UK number,which I called.Another guy answered the phone and when I asked for Zona,Zona came to the phone.Who knows what his real name was/is?Don't remember the number now. I called Zona in Nigeria 011-234-806-297-6423.He was emotionally intimate at all times.Wouldn't be surprised if he had an accomplice...maybe this Deric guy?The photo on eharmony revealed a very handsome male with dark hair,side burns,big smile,well-groomed.He asked me for money ad then requested I accept money on his behalf.He also offered me to use his credit card to pay for my phone bills.The credit card belonged to some one who lived in northern california (soquel,Ca).Identity theft. Hopefully this guy was not able to retrieve information on me through my emails or cell phone.The jpeg he sent of himself to me had a IP address that states it was generated from the USA.Don't know what is going on,but these guys are very sophisticated and can use different addressess,other peoples' identity,stolen credit card info.,etc. By the way.Zona was supposed to be visiting me in California last week. Beware women.I was suckered into believing this guy for 3 months.He swore he loved me,he was "for real" I was his soulmate,the love of his life,etc.BULL!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:38 am 

can you tell me what website you found the picture of Deric Cole from eharmony?Curious if I would find Zona Hawkins. His email was ZonaHawkins@yahoo.com and his son's email was supposedly MarkcosHawkins@yahoo.com.uk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:11 pm 

I also ran across a Derick Cole whom supossedly lives about 3 hours from me in Kansas. Different picture but still quite a coincidence in stories. This "Derick Cole" is on singlesnet using address of - beenaloneforlong@yahoo.com. Don't know if it's the same person or not but beware all the same. This is what this "derick's" story is. If it sounds too good to be true....probably is :? .

City: Allen
State: Kansas

Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Height: 6'
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Brown
Body type: Average

been98686

About me

Hi! Hmmm... There's so much I'd like to write, but since I'm sure you have a life I'll keep it short. I am a really down-to-earth man who has lots of love to give.Well I am born and raised in the bahamas,lost my parents while I was 11yrs old thru a motor accident in v, although I havent had successful relationships in the past, I know what I am looking for in a permanent commitment.I am a really down-to-earth man who has lots of love to give.Well I am born and raised in the bahamas, lost my parents while I was 11yrs old thru a motor accident in nassau bahamas, although I havent had successful relationships in the past, I know what I am looking for in a permanent commitment. People focus so much on the physical or financial attributes of a person, that the fail to think about their lives with that person, 10...20..30 years down the road. For me, it is all about how the person makes me feel inside. Looks fade, money is spent (you never know when either of those things will be exhausted), but who you are on the inside never dies. That's what I look for in a mate. Hmmm...What else? I am respectful to everyone, so I expect the same in return. I love dogs. I lost my 13 year old german shepherd recently. I eventually would like to get another one, but it's a bit hard to replace such a perfect dog. I volunteer my time to teach children on the weekends. I love it. I wish I could do more of it. I love to travel. I love meeting people from different countries. Although I am only fluent in one language, I love learning words in other languages. I well, I will end this mini autobiography, or else I may need to shop for a publisher.

Post subject: Re: HIS NAME IS DERICK COLE FROM LARGEFRIENDS!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:54 am 

This man gets around! He emailed me through the site LargeFriends.com and when I went to email him "not interested" his account had been suspended. He was using the email beenaloneforlong@yahoo.com. His profile is fairly well written but his emails contain multiple errors it is obvious English is his second language. He used almost the identical "About Me" as posted above he is using a different picture, and says he lives in LA.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm 

I met him on LoveandSeek.com.
Here is the picture he posted.[img][img][/img][/img]

This is the email he sent me.

I would really like to get to know a lot about you and learn somethings with you cause you seems to be kind of ready in getting to know my kind of person and hopefully we can meet in person soon..with time we will get to know each others feelings, motives and intension's towards each other and it will help us grow knowing each other and trusting each other..i am looking for Honest,God fearing,loyal,trustworthy and intelligent person..i am looking for something long term relationship. Well i will await your reply beenaloneforlong@yahoo.com

Attachments:
3070977t.jpg
3070977t.jpg [ 5.83 KiB | Viewed 32027 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:08 pm 

Here is the latest email Derick Cole sent me.

Hello
I am Derick by Name. Am new to this online ,I just registered about few days now,did this on line thing work for you? Have you met anyone special?
I will like to know more about you and hope things work out for us. Am looking for a woman to make me happy again and be there for me always
while I will do the same back to her. I do believe in friendship first ,that will make us know each other more better .
its quite unfortunate that I am presently in Africa on a business trip right now,but I am going to be back very soon because, I only have few more
time to spend here....

Actually am self employed, I buy fabrics and attire materials from Africa and import them to the States for sales...
I am going to tell you a little info about me and some of the things I'm into, so let me get more personal about myself. Well I am 38years old, I'm

Currently in Nigeria on a business trip with my only child.. he is 7yrs old, I was born in Bahamas.... but Moved to Palm Beach California
quite a Long ago. I stayed with my parents for 11yrs, but unfortunately I lost them in a car wreck when I was 11yrs old and my grandmother raised
me up since then, that's why I Cherish my grandmother so much. I would have to say that my best overall quality is just simply my personality. I can
say that I don't know too many people if there is any that do not really like me. I attribute most of that to my parents because I think they did a
pretty good job with me. Of course I would hope so being that I am the first and only child. My Parents are from Bahamas.. It's so painful that I lost my
parents but I still thank God for the position I am now and will always thank God cos He's always there for me. I am just a really nice person who
will help anyone who needs my help. I could go on, but you may think that I am some kind of crazy guy.i am very fun to be with,i am easy
going,passionate and Open Minded,i basically Joined the site to see if there are still reliable men out there,I know there are lots of different people
out there on the site,some are worth to be Trust and Loved why some are not worth it..but all I just want you to know is that I am a Polite
gentleman who has lots to offer but I am only willing to give my love to the right woman who wins my heart

I am looking for a passionate,Loyal,Caring,Honest,Open minded,Humble,Fun to be with,Easy going,Loving,Trustworthy and God Fearing woman
who is ready to love,Cos I want to start a new family,I will move with her and stay with her if things workout between Us.I want a woman that I cant
Live without not a woman that I can live with,a woman that is willing to start new things.

Here we go. Let me know of one of your most embarrassing moments that you have had. It doesn't have to be the most just one. Oh and maybe
some info on yourself as well. Talk to you later.I will send some of my pictures in next email.Bye for now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:45 am 

Hi,

I had the same thing happen to me on Singlesnet.com, I met someone who was just like this guy Derick and he scammed me.

starrgirl wrote:
I met him on LoveandSeek.com.
Here is the picture he posted.[img][img][/img][/img]

This is the email he sent me.

I would really like to get to know a lot about you and learn somethings <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='with you';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://slothica.info?v=1%2E21&ss=with+you">with you</a> cause you seems to be kind of ready in getting to know my kind of person and hopefully we can meet in person soon..with time we will get to know each others feelings, motives and intension's towards each other and it will help us grow knowing each other and trusting each other..i am looking for Honest,God fearing,loyal,trustworthy and intelligent person..i am looking for something long term relationship. Well i will await your reply beenaloneforlong@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:22 pm 

This guy is also on Kisscafe.com or rather was. Same guy, same story and intro except they deleted him as a scammer. He sent me an email through the site, when I went back to check it the site had it so it couldn't be read and they had a message over it that stated: This message was reported as being spam

He sure is a busy dude :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:58 am 

I managed to get around his message being unable to read and did contact hrough Yahoo messenger. His ID and email there is: Petersoncole26@yahoo .com but this is the pic I got from the dating site that had him removed as a scammer.

Attachment:
0.jpg
0.jpg [ 4.03 KiB | Viewed 31300 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:01 am 

I forgot to add he's already IN LOVE with the first yahoo message and wants me to take my profile off the dating site...requested my home address right off the bat! (yeah right haha) The poems are starting but still waiting for the request for $$$$$ :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:12 pm 

i had this man come on to my space saying he was from florida and his mother lived in uk. he said he had to go to africa for work so yes he is a scammer and has been on other scammers lists. beware of this man. :D christine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:35 pm 

Hi there,
I am glad I found another site to express my scam issue. The man I met was eric mcfadden who saw me on plenty of fish dating site. He states he lived in New York, sounds like he is Scottish. He never answered any of my questions over 5 months. He never gave a current phone# or mailing address. He always gave a mobile phone# from london or Nigeria. He scammed me out 20,000. I also wrote on the Minnesota post about people actually getting monies back. Maybe if Washington State hears this news, I can maybe get my monies. He lured me, sent me love cards and proposed to me over email and we never met. One of the things I read today is that for the 419 scam, these people do not answer the phones on the weekend, you would get a busy signal. Or he would call you for monies because he had no one else to help. Everyone in his family were deceased. He asked to have medical, travel and work expenses paid for by me. I fell for it but I am very angry that this scam is not looked into further.

If you are a victim or can advise help to me, I am open to suggestions. I want this to stop. Also, he said he went to court in London last week for work compensation and wanted to send 1.2 million dollars to my account. I never met the man. And he had someone call me at 4 am last thursday to fill out paperwork for Barclay bank and provide passport #/place of birth and bank info. I refused to give that info. Since then, I have been recieving lots of scam emails asking for more monies through western union. I have been sending those to western union. Just an fyi, I am forwarding the emails and then blocking the sender. I read that once these emails are blocked, hopefully action will take place. Thank you for listening..

Pictures of this person are attached. Again, I never met this man, so I am not sure who this really is.

His email was ericmcfadden555@yahoo.com
Oh and yes he said he was a self employed engineer/yet he did not have a cell phone or name of his business. He also asked for monies to be sent to other people for him. He said when he was in Lagos, he did not have a work permit(he was a tourist). The person who stated as being eric's lawyer was mark melborne and used barristermarketlaw@yahoo.com.

One of the phone # eric used was 447024055754. He also likes Manchester soccer, so if you get caught up with him, you will know that soccer is more important than you. I hope someone can help.

Also there is no answering machine or message on these phones. I am not quite sure how they get these phones. And I have contacted my local phone company about the calls. He made me rake in over 200.00 one month to talk to him at his convience.

Attachments:
me today.jpg
me today.jpg [ 42.98 KiB | Viewed 30872 times ]
l_0f0a06ad21155111981c72e2608d5f1f.jpg
l_0f0a06ad21155111981c72e2608d5f1f.jpg [ 83.91 KiB | Viewed 30874 times ]