There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Singlesnet.com
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 am 

:shock:
Beware of Singlesnet.com. When I called to report the scam, I also reported that I had trouble accessing my account. After checking the scam, I was told there was no record of the person in question. How curious since this was the web site where we met and that your email address is needed to open an account. In checking why I was unable to access my account, I was told my account had "accidently" been cancelled. This was after paying for two months. After one week I was unable to access my account but I was "involved" with the person I had met so did not care at the time. I was invited to reactivate my account. I requested that it be cancelled and I wanted a refund. In an indignant manner, I was told that doing so would "black list" me. Okay...I was almost victimized my a scam, my account was "accidently" cancelled, and because I want out completely, I will be black listed. Wow! I told her fine and she said I should get my refund in about 3 business days. This was yesterday. We'll see what happens.

Post subject: Re: Singlesnet.com
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 pm 

I wrote to them and a few other dating sites about someone who was a known fugitive from justice (3 warrants). It seems nobody cares.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 pm 
Gold Member

It may seem like everyone on singlesnet is a scammer, but you've just become more adept in spotting scammers. Most of the members are good, honest people. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:53 am 

Sarah,

Yes, there are some good people on Singlesnet.com, BUT, LISTEN UP GIRLY! I too have meet the same person and another after him on Singlesnet.com and was scammed out of $ 5,000. Now you tell me, how many of the Singlesnet.com men are truthful. I would have to say it is a very slim number because, there are hundreds maybe thousands of complaints on this guy.

Let's keep it real Sarah!

There are bad me on that site.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:11 am 

Alerter,

I totally understand how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me, I met a guy and found out he was a ex-con, had 4 warrants on his records and currently had multiple civil and criminl cases pending against him.
I loaned this guy $ 5,000 and never got it back. So let me tell you my story and what I did.

I did a background check on him and found out what he was really about. When I asked him when he was going to pay me back, he of course kept stalling,
so he was in the process of moving from his apartment to a condo, and that is what he needed the money for, he was not truthful with me so I could not
help him out anymore. I called the apartment manager where he lived and she told me he was being evicted because he did not pay his rent for the past
4 months, so I gave her his work address, phone number, and cell phone number, then I called the next apartment he lived at and they had been looking for
him for almost 2 years, I also gave her his work address, phone number and his cell number. He currently had 16 civil and criminal cases and people were taking
him to court left and right to get their money. Well, I knew if I got in line I would probally have to wait just like the others to get my money and I would have
been the 17th person in the court line to get my money. So I chalked it up as a loss, but contacted everyone that he owed money to and told them where
he was and they have now filed suits to get their money back. He called me on Halloween and told that he was running the from law and someone was trying to
blackmail him because he has money overseas that he wants to get but the people that want to blackmail him, they threatened to go to the FEDS on him if he did not give them
a large sum of the money for getting it for him.

I listened to his story and was not buying it, I knew he was lying, then he asked me to help him get the money overseas, I said no.

And because he knows I have family that works for the FEDS, he wanted me to help him by having my family get him out of this rut.
He has been a scammer since the early 90's, and this is what the background check showed on him.

But wait, there's more! He has, check fraud, grand theft auto, second degree-burgulary, unpaid toll road traffic tickets, the list
goes on.

I figured, its a matter of time before all this catches up to him, because he is DEFINATELY going back to prison.

I thank God, I cut things off before I gave him anymore money.

THIS GUY IS HEADED DOWN A DEEP DARK PATH OF DESTRUCTION.

Good day!

Alerter wrote:
I wrote to them and a few other <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='dating sites';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://cheetahserve.info?v=1%2E21&ss=dating+sites">dating sites</a> about someone who was a known fugitive from justice (3 warrants). It seems nobody cares.