ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Simpson from OKCupid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 pm 

I met Mike Simpson on Okcupid.com. He fits the typical scammer profile. He is supposedly from Harrisonburg, Virginia, but is currently living in Aberdeen Scotland as a chemical engineer for Chevron. He has a 14 year old daughter, Marie Simpson, who goes to boarding school in Lyon, France. I even received a few emails from her (d02mariesims@hotmail.com). Their birthdays are June 6. He gave me the story that he was widowed. His wife, Dian Simpson, died in a car crash 3.5 years ago. He said he was part Italian (to account for the accent on the phone) and that he spend the first five years of his life in Milan, Italy. He said he never knew his father and that his mom raised him singlehandedly (he had her last name). The mother died many years ago of cancer.

Not long after we started to IM and phone each other, he went on an oil rig off the coast of Scotland. When he got off, he was suppose to come for a visit, but kept delaying because of an investment he needed to take care of. He eventually asked for money to help him because this investment he made in petroleum chemicals was stuck in customs and he needed $22k to get them out. He had mortgaged his house to the hilt and (horrors!) might have to sell his Range Rover to cover it, but that would only net him $10k. When I refused, he tried to put a guilt trip on me. I ceased all contact with him. Obviously, the picture I attached was lifted off of some poor guy's profile and used.

contact info:
mike.simpson23@yahoo.com
IP address 41.205.178.171
Hostname dial-pool03.ab.starcomms.net
ISP ORG-SA57-AFRINIC-20050513, Assigned to Lagos dial-pool customers
Country Nigeria Nigeria

His telephone number is 011-447-045786066 (UK cell phone #)

The address he gave me for his house is:
101 King's Gate, Aberdeen City Scotland AB10 4YN (wrong mailing code at end of course)

I just want to do my part and help others from becoming victims. I feel stupid that I fell for this scam, but at least I did not send money. My eyes are wide open now and I am on full alert as far as online dating. I have educated myself enough in the last two days, I just wish I had found this resource sooner.

Attachments:
File comment: "Mike Simpson" or Mike2223 on OkCupid.com
6706122701600387191.jpeg___150_500_150_600_08a9f2db_.jpg
6706122701600387191.jpeg___150_500_150_600_08a9f2db_.jpg [ 8 KiB | Viewed 9064 times ]