ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeff Harrison Nigerian scammer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:52 pm 

Met Jeff on Match.com at end of June. Sent me beautiful emails and provided me with a phone number in case I wanted to call. Claimed he lived in Manchester UK, raising his 12 year old daughter because after their divorce his wife moved to the Netherlands and remarried. No contact. Interestingly, I was taking a trip to London and thought it would be great to meet in person. Coincidentally, he just accepted a 3 week job in Nigeria, but would come visit me in the U.S. when the project was complete. One month of IMs on Messenger, phone calls and emails that would make anyone weak in the knees. Very smooth talker. Two days after my return from London, I get an email about a "terrible incident" - armed robbers enter his hotel in Benin City, Nigeria and stole all the money he had to pay the laborers to complete the job so he could come to the U.S. He didn't know what to do and seem very dazed and confused. We chatted online that evening and lo and behold asked me if I could send him $4000 so he could finish the job and come to see me! Big bells and whistles went off in my head. No way would I ever send a complete stranger money! He was outraged when I refused and told me that the feelings I expressed to him were a lie. I told him that if he were such a successful independent contract (EE) that he would know how to get money to finish the job. He became nasty and called me selfish and that if I ever asked for anything he wouldn't think twice. When he brought up the fact that armed robbers had put a gun to his 12 year old daughter's head while he handed over his money, that all he could think about was making her safe. I offered to have him send the daughter to me and he got offended again claiming that he knew how to take care of his daughter. So the last I heard from him was that I was never to contact him again. Funny how irate a scammer can become when they don't get what they want from a victim. email address: jeff_d123@hotmail.com or yahoo.com, two cell phone #s - Nigeria 2347034281638 and the UK 447011135636 Saw your posting with the beginning of those numbers and figured I'd post them here. Thanks for being there everyone! Disgusting vile individuals.

Post subject: Re: Jeff Harrison Nigerian scammer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 am 

Hi,

He is just the same scammer, who I met also on Match.com. Jeff Harrison. Same email/msn addresses and phone numbers. Claimed living in London with his daughter working in a construction business. Very good writer lovely and beatiful words. Very easy to fall in love with.
Tried to find out personal information, usernames and passwords to the datingsites, where must be paid a membership by a creditcard.
This scammer sent photos of “him” and “his daughter” to me and I wonder, from where he has got those photos. I can see they are not model’s photos.
Maybe they are other this kind of victim’s photos…
Is there any way or possibilities to find out, who are on those photos really…could it be possible?

I have his emails and photos.
This scammer has also profiles in octopop.com and wayn.com.
I have the links to his profiles.
Is it allowed to put those email, photos and links here in these sites? And is it safe for me? I am now more careful and I don’t want any serious troubles.

Be careful everyone…don’t let yourself fall in love with these kind of scammers and the people, who are on their photos.
It happened to me and I am sure this scammer abuses now my photos, what I sent to him.
Check first their background…easy way is just to write on google for example email addresses, profile names etc.
Anyway, I wish everyone luck in a true love searching!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:45 am 

I just recently met a guy online from Texas name Jeff Harrison. He claimed to be a business man contractor of telecommunication and fibre optics in all parts of US. He seems to be very good in conversing emails and very poetic. He will shower you romantic wordings to catch your attention. From the first letter to this time I have feelings that this guy is a scammer especially when he said that "he needs to go to Ghana, Africa" for a some reason that his property has been checked by government agencies in that place. Cool, I have a doubt with that story.

Almost everyday I keep checking the net more info about this guy ... good thing is that I found this site which confirmed that he's a big liar, manipulator. So far no money involved yet, I might be acting as I needed some support let's see what is his response.

By the way, he said that his parents was from The Netherlands(father) and American(mother).

BE AWARE MAYBE OF THIS GUY ... DON'T GIVE INFO ABOUT URSELF.

Here is his email add: Jeff Harrison <theroadtos_1@yahoo.com> and jeff1880@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:56 pm 

I met Jeff Harrison PP through the website affiliated to Meet International. Began to speak in December 2008. In January he said he would go to Nigeria to work for three weeks. Then he said that started the stories were reported stolen at the hotel he was staying, the daughter who got malaria, which was imposed should the Nigerian government and finally a bus accident on the way to the airport where the daughter (Cassandra Harrison calls and that by Sandra) was between life and death.
He never asked me why high values always said that he had not, but just sending via Western Union approximately $ 1,750.
I live in Brazil and he also said that I would know. I think is worth adding that when I refused to send more money. After another English man (Richard Smith) came in contact with me getting the same story of Jeff Harrison. I believe that the same person. So if anyone has the contact richard_smith4love@live.com or yahoo.com wary. He also left me a phone 2348055642273.
I hope we all have learned something from this experience.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:20 pm 

The scenario has changed a little.

Name - Jeffrey Robert Davids with a 12 year old daughter, Sandra. 45 years old from London. Divorced and has full custody of his daughter.

I met him on match.com. He was finishing up a 3 month project in Phoenix, AZ and was heading back to London. Sent beautiful emails everyday. Claimed he was going to have a 2 month vacation and wanted to spend it with that special someone.

A week later he was assigned another project for three weeks in Nigeria. Flew to Nigeria with his daughter who is home schooled.When I asked personal questions like his birthday, etc, he never answered. I tried to google his name and could not find him. However, when I googled his cell number from the UK, it was the same as the one posted on this site. The Nigerian number is the same as well. He is using jeff_d123@yahoo.com for contact.

Not sure what the scam is but he did say that he left his camera and camcorder as well as Sandra's computer games in London. He claimed the internet is not reliable in Nigeria and wanted to know if I would send him some games for Sandra. This is when I became suspicious and wanted to verify his identity.

As soon as I saw this site, I terminated the yahoo address and reported his email address to yahoo and match.com. Not sure if anything will be done but appreciate finding this info now before it got more serious.