ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greg Corman Eharmony Scam
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:16 pm 

"Greg Corman" (Tx, Tx) Engineer gregcorman@yahoo.com; IM gregcorman; uses a UK exchange 44 704-576-5516
Claims 2 year old son Michael "Mark" and wife "Gina" were tragically killed in a car accident. PI search rendered no results of accident or death of persons under names; no surprise. Claims to be from Glen Rose, Tx: Gina G. Corman/Greg Corman Address: 11211 fleur DR, HOUSTON, TX 77065. PI search rendered no such address; no surprise.
Within 1 week, I was asked to send $500 to Enugu, Nigeria to the attention of Charls (spelling exact) Stancey; address: Oinga Drive Enugu, Nigeria.
for his "daughter" (in the picture) "Stacey", as he was unable to Western Union from online Western Union source while on an oil rig off the coast of Scotland. In addition I was asked to send an IPod to the same address listed above.
Please note that due to the nature of the use of typical scammer jargon, no box was sent to Nigeria. In addition, ONLY $50 was sent to Enugu with the stipulation that "Charls Stancey" required ID for pick up. I spelled the first and last names incorrectly; had WU exchange into Naira which is pennies on the dollar ; Western Union was informed of the scam; and thus the money is at the Western Union Office due to lack of proper ID... In regards to the box the scammer was told I was going to send via FedEx BUT he insisted that it be sent UPS. I provided a fake tracking number and informed UPS of the incident.

When viewing Eharmony listings, I noted I was receiving several Tx, Tx "matches" and upon eharmony investigation the team closed the users. The names associated with Tx, Tx include "Ray" and "Thomas" as well. The scammer requests Fast Track. Also I noted that he/she immediately requested using Yahoo email and Yahoo IM with the first and last name as the username.

Please find pictures of "Greg Corman and Stacey" below. I do have the pictures of the other Tx, Tx listings but I am having difficulty in changing the files to a jpeg.
Thank you for viewing my post. I wish you all safety and healthy online dating.
Freedom

Attachments:
Greg Corman and Stacey.jpg
Greg Corman and Stacey.jpg [ 5.57 KiB | Viewed 33903 times ]

Post subject: Re: Greg Corman Eharmony Scam
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 pm 

There's a very good chance that picture is "stolen" too. They never send real pictures of themselves... it's good that you know how to read between the lines and recognize it as a scam.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:21 pm 

I have concluded that the pictures were stolen from a family blog; an online dating site; a picture share site, such a Flickr etc... finding the source of the pictures is a needle in a hay stack....
I have also concluded that the name of the scammer is the name I was given to send the box and the Western Union to... Should I be saying a big DUH!! to myself??? LOL YES....I think so....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:10 pm 

Thank you for posting about Greg Corman. He had been sent to me as a match through eHarmony and I had been chatting with him. After seeing your post, I told him never to contact me again and alerted eHarmony. Be advised that there is someone on eHarmony going by Ray from San Antonio and Mark from San Antonio. They were both sent to me and imagine my surprise that they were the same person. When confronted, he tried to act like I didn't know what I was talking about and kept trying to contact me. I have contacted eHarmony regarding him also. He claims to be an architect and in Nigeria working for a few weeks and asks you to call me. Not realizing it was a scam, I bought a prepaid phone card and called and he wanted to know why I was using a private number. I don't know if you are still on eHarmony, but I am very leary of the site and no longer contact people using my private email. I think that weeds out the dishonest ones.

Thanks again,
Wendy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:25 am 

Hi,
I had the same matches as you; I received closed messages, from Eharmony, for approximately 8 "matches" Each had the same MO... many use Tx, Tx; San Antonio, Tx.... They are tyipically an engineer... They use FastTrack; then request using Yahoo Mail and Yahoo IM...

I am on Eharmony; but now it is not to date..., it is to find the scammers and turn them in... Eharmony is a scam within itself. It is obvious that Eharmony does not take the problem seriously due to lack of measures to block IP addresses...

I have filed a complaint with several state and Federal Agencies to include Fed Trade Commission; FBI; BBB; etc etc etc... This problem is noted across the spectrum and it is going to lead to dangerous situations for someone, in my opinion...

The address that I used in the case described was the State Police; the phone conversations were recorded/phones were disconnected; the emails were traced and then I closed the accounts.... I took it very seriously once I knew that the person was a scammer... The TRK for UPS was fake; the Western Union was equivalent to 5 bucks and the name was spelled incorrectly so that it could not be picked up when the scammer arrived...

Relative to Corman of TX, Eharmony was aware by end of June; when were you informed of this scammer? I received a closed message alert from Eharmony; did you not receive one? This concerns me; why are they not informing everyone with the same scammers in their matches when they are spotted and verified....

Back to my letter writing campaign!
Best wishes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:00 am 

I was not alerted by eHarmony. The only way I found out about Corman from Tx was by my own investigating and coming across him on this website. They closed my matches with him and Ray/Mark, but I am afraid as long as they get their money, they will continue to leave his post on the website and more unsuspecting women will be taken in by him. I am going to look into William from Kansas City, MO who just told me his name is Charles L. Capp. He also claims to have lost his wife and son.... Sounds alot like the other scammers that are out there.

Thanks for keeping up the fight to keep women safe from eHarmony.

Wendy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:50 am 

Hi,
Here are a couple names that have been closed that I am aware of from my own dealings with EH. I find it disconcerting that EH does not send closed messages to all "matches" who have these profiles in their "match box"
It is as though these clowns recycle... What a money maker for EH I assume that they use stolen credit card numbers to have so... many accounts.

So... here it is ... Introducing the 419 Scam Club:

Mark- Pasco, WA 43/self employed- picture of white male and "daughter" - SAME MO and sob story.

George- Tempe, AZ 47/self-employed- described as white but the picture is of an African-Am male I giggled because his Fast Track was a copy/paste from Robert below- both claim I am "pretty" BUT I do not have my pictures up ...

Robert- Tempe, AZ 47/self-employed- SAME as above, except different pictures of a white male... SAME Fast Track note...

I have attempted to extract the pictures from the website; but the only way is to copy/paste into a word doc and this site does not support download.
I wonder if there is a secure way to get these pictures to you, as I have so.... many pictures of the scammers I have delt with...
Admin, If I send the pictures to you in a word doc is there a way to display each?
Thanks for your kind response.
Freedom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Freedom01 wrote:
Admin, If I send the pictures to you in a word doc is there a way to display each?

I think that is an issue with the system/program that supports the message board. Can you save it as a jpg or bmp file?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:47 pm 

Hi,
Just an FYI that Lloyd Brown of Atlanta, GA is finally closed down AGAIN. Hope you all received the message from EH.

I have attempted to change the pics over to a BMP or JPEG and I am having a heck of a time so I will play with it a little more... How does one capture it out of a word doc and save it as a BMP or JPEG? Is there a simple shortcut? :?:

Thanks bunches.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 pm 

I was just notified that Ray from San Antonio has been terminated from eHarmony. Keep up the good fight and get as many scammers off of eHarmony!!

Wendy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:36 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Freedom01 wrote:
I have attempted to change the pics over to a BMP or JPEG and I am having a heck of a time so I will play with it a little more... How does one capture it out of a word doc and save it as a BMP or JPEG? Is there a simple shortcut? :?:

Thanks bunches.

I think that if you put the image into a paint program you will be able to save it ias a BMP or JPEG

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 pm 
Gold Member

You are correct Shawn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:22 am 

Thanks ... here we go... The next few posts are relative to pictures of recent EH scammers...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:29 am 

I have been notified that Richy from the Bronx and Mark from San Antonio have been closed by eHarmony.

Thanks,
Wendy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:55 am 

Hey W,
I am starting to place new posts with pictures of scammers up for all to be aware... I am not sure if you can see them yet, as I am unsure of the process of Admin approval on new posts; so there may be a lag time before you can view. I am going to place "Ray's" pic next... let me know if it is the same "Ray"
Cheers,
Freedom