ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Andre Scott scammer on singlesnet
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 pm 

Andre James Scott on singlesnet, took his profile off as soon as we got on IM Yahoo and I don't remember his handle name. Story was: born in England, 8/19/52, father died when he was 17, British born mother died 3 yrs later, graduated from Oxford with EE degree.. Electrical Enginneerig. Moved to Gaines City Fl when he was 21, lived in Granger WA (my state) for 7 years, now in Houston and owns his own business. A widower, his wife was killed in a car accident 4 years ago and he has 14 yr daughter, Mary, who encouraged him to go on singlesnet...he wants to find his soulmate. Nice British accent, but can't spell and seemed to get his scenarios mixed up (called his daughter he & him and seemed to forget a lot about me and repeated the same questions) Said he had been a Catholic, now a Baptist. emailed me a copy of the poem The Invitation by Oriah Morning Dancer. IM'd and sweet talked me for about 2 weeks. Had "Mary" chat on IM and she asked if she could call me Mom. I have the pictures he used to represent both himself and Mary, nice looking people who probably don't know they're being exploited, but his hair color didn't match what he said in his emal. He was very excited one day because he'd gotten a contract he'd been trying for to wire generators in Nigeria. He was leaving in 2 days, taking Mary, and they'd come visit me on their way home the following weekend. When he "got to Nigeria"... of course he was there the whole time.... he gave me his phone number there. I called him and woke him up (6:40 am in Nigeria) and he mumbled around like he was remembering who he was "I am Andre, I am Andre" I still believed him!... There are LOTS of Andre James Scott's in Houston! I had googled and searched and finally believed because I wanted to believe. Then the next day it hit me and I realized what was coming and that it wasn't real. I IM'd him and told him the gig was up, and a few other things, including that I didn't have any money. I did attach picures and my resume to an email, so he does have my address and work history which could probably used as a scam on someone else! My picture on singlesnet made me look kind of wealthy friends said. Anyway, I escaped without any financial damage. I still have the Nigerian phone number if that would help anyone. He was a real sweet talker and played my emotions and desires. Penny in Spokane

Post subject: Re: Andre Scott scammer on singlesnet
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:53 am 

Hi, I'm experiencing something very similar, different fiction life but mostly alike. I would love if you could share the number.

Clara