ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: nigerian burned me
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:05 pm 

i was scammed by a nigerian woman for roughly 8 grand. she was great at it. she said she would come here and that she had a huge inheritance from her dead family. she sent pictures of her grandmother in a hospital bed and all that. she said she couldnt leave her dying grandmother after i had already spent about 3 grand.she also said her preacher would help out and he even seemed like a ligitimate preacher. i tried to do a lot of research before i sent any money. every time i sent money for her to come here, something bad happened to her in some way. anyways we met over the site....ME ON YOU. com anyways i posted this so maybe it wont happen to someone else who thinks their in love.

these are a few names to beware of: KRISTINE DESMOND, WAYNE HUNTERS (a.k.a VINCENT ORTEGA, and FOLARIN BAKARE. these are the names of the people who are living the good life at my major inconvience.

Post subject: Re: nigerian burned me
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:38 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Sorry that you got scammed, but posting the information here may help to save someone else.

You might want to contact the site that you met this person at and let them know. Sometimes site will post warnings about this sort of thing.

You said that you tried to do some research on this before you sent money . . . can I ask where and what you researched? I am only asking because I am trying to get more education out there about these scams, so if I can figure out WHERE people are going to look for information, I have a better chance of getting the information out in the right places.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:22 pm 

i basically tried to prove her accusations true. she said her family died in a car wreck in ohio. so i tried to google her families death, also she talked about certain places in nigeria and i looked up the road she said she lived on, which was true. she said she was a teacher at a school but i couldnt get a complete match with the school. she said her father was wealthy due to the cattle business also. all of the things she said i tried to research and find out what i could. she sent pictures a lot and was very aware of what she said. after i told her she robbed me of the 8 grand she sent 6 thousand and sum odd dollars into my account but my bank said that was fraudulently put into my account so it didnt count. i have so much paper work and emails from this woman (kristine desmond) and the man she told me was her preacher (wayne hunters). he said he was a pastor and that she was a good woman and all that. he said i was lucky to be reccieving her and how she would make the money situation right because of her inheritance. feel free to ask more questions. this has changed my life dramatically. i am paying for the 6 plus grand, and i am trying to get into who could have robbed me and were they might be with my money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 am 
Gold Member

First let me also say I am sorry you got scammed.

Would you be willing to post their email addies on here. The reason I am asking is because a good chunk of the people I see on here say they googled the scammers email addie and it brought them here. So if you post that here maybe it will lead more people here and they will realize it is a scam before it is too late. I also second the suggestion Shawn had to contact the site you met the scammer on and see if you can 1) get them removed and 2) have the site put up a scam awareness section that shows what to look for, some scam education sites, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am 
Gold Member

Very good chance the person you were talking was a man, the male scammers outnumber the female scammers by quite a percentage. Many males impersonate women to perpetrate the fraud.

Sorry for your loss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm 

yes i will post there email addresses, i have no problem putting up their address, the same way they had no problem taking every penny from my credit card balance. also yes im almost certain that they were one person performing the scam. the chick made it seem like she was real close to her pastor. he would tell me how fortunate i was to be talking to her, and that i was lucky. he also always brought religion into it and made it seem like he was nothing but a man of god. im pretty sure it was just one man that has scammed me. i have so much information on this guy that i could probably bring him down. but i dont really have to time or money, obviously to do anything about it right now. i would love to get the person and ruin their life as they have mine. anyways i will post the yahoo email addresses, and their yahoo AIM names as well. thanks to all who have read this and replied. there is strenght in numbers and i hope this may help someone before they loose there money or identity.

Bakare, MY GOD ALMIGHTY......HE LOVES ME MUCH AND I WILL FOREVER ADORE HIMMMMMMM...MY LORD AND SAVIOUR..HE WILL HELP ME TO FLY HIGHER SOON.

Hunters, Wayne ...... these are the names of them. hte first one is a girl, and the second was the pastor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:20 am 

Looks like Kristine Desmond is still at it, this time on eHarmony. This Kristine Desmond was born in Ireland, came with parents to US before losing them in a "ghastly accident" and now resides in Birmingham, UK. This was shared on our first communication that followed another message that was, well... extremely rushed or illiterate. A bit more than curious for somebody who runs her own company and just completed a masters. She's spiritual not religious but God "vindicated" her during some hard time. Oh, and she has a yahoo account and prefers to communicate via AIM. Does this sound familiar, is the spiritual/religious thing a intro to her pastor? It it possible to post a picture here, I can't copy picture from eHarmony. All I can say is she's a hot blond.

I've asked eHarmony to investigate this match but would very much like somebody to help put an end to this scammer. Thank you for posting your story, it did save me from a great deal of grief and thanks to this website!! And in the unlikely event this Kristine Desmond is legit...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 am 

ok i dug thru old emails she sent me and i have 2 pictures she sent me however ive tried to send them and it wont allow me. if the pics are imporatant i can send them to a regular email im not sure. they were taken by cell phone and are not very large. anyways i tried to send them. it tells me the extension bmp is not allowed when i try to add the photos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 am 

yes that is definatly her the ireland. the dead family. the rushed conversations. birmingham UK. thats her without a doubt. i will try to get eahrmony to check on it as well i wanna catch this scamming B*stard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:09 am 

burned 1, did you get a response from eharmony? I advised them of scam but haven't heard anything and the profile is still active. I would love to bust them, like getting them when they pick up check or reverse scam.