ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WOW---how dumb can you Be
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 pm 

This character Terry121k@yahoo.com Terry Joe started emailing me romantically off TrueBlue.com Dating site. It went on for a few months in 2007--He was sending me flowers, and relay calling me and sometime called me on the regular phone on weekends. But the candy and flowers kept coming on my birthday and holidays----He was working he claimed for the Africans in Nigerian at the church ect. He stated he was from California and was over for a short time to help missions and the people there. He claimed he needed me to accept some packages from UPS and FEDEX to open and repackage and send back to Nigeria. He used his DELL account to order cameras, ipods and other stuff to give to the children at the church ect----I did a few for him--until my kids told me that it was a scam and was viewed on NBC AND CNN NEWS. I stopped contacting him for a few months and sent info to him concerning the scams. I contacted DELL and they didn't do much.
So I was frustrated about the whole thing and stop communicating with him until last month he BUZZED me onine on yahoo Messenger---I was surprised he was still there in Nigeria all this time---He told me he loved me and missed me and wanted to come home but needed money for a flight and he would give it back to me plus extra as soon as he arrived in California. He would fly out to Colorado and see me ect and we can date more and get married. I half way believed him and gave him the cash $800 through Moneygram. I have my receipt and may try to get it back---but I doubt it very much.
Then shortly after that, when I threatened him that I was going to talk to authorities, a gentleman came online stating he was as FBI and wanted to arrest these guys and he was flying to Africa tomorrow and would help me arrest them. But afterwards, he wanted me to wire him cash of $600 to help pay for the HOTEL ROOM for 4 days---and he claim this was half of it----I was so mad and refused----I called the Hotel and talked to a lady who was scammed herself as well---and they are advising NO TO SEND ANY MONEY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES____theu guys get smarter all the time..................

Post subject: Re: WOW---how dumb can you Be
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:11 pm 
Gold Member

I am curious as to what made you send money to this man after your kids already told you he was scamming you into shipping items to Nigeria for him?

I am sorry this happened to you.