ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: eHarmony match
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:52 pm 

I feel my heart has been broken. I matched with a person by the name of "Daniel Richards" in Beloit, Wisconsin (through eHarmony). He seemed very sweet and did not push the communication too quickly. He had "business" over in Nigeria..???? He was supposed to fly into NY and then to my state this weekend. I hadn't heard from him in a couple of days but when I checked my hotmail account, I had received a crazy message from some hospital in Lagos, Nigeria that he had been robbed and badly injured and was in need of a blood transfusion that will cost $2950. As I was reading this, I thought.....yeah, something stinks here! "Daniel" had e-mailed me on Saturday and said he was leaving for the airport. I think it is strange that I am just now being contacted. (Monday evening). Don't anybody think I am sending money but does anybody have knowledge of this person? He claims to have been born and raised in Spain, 40 years old, never married. Came to the US 4 years ago. At 38 years old myself, I don't think I will ever find an honest loving man. I did send a piece of US mail to the address he gave me as his home address and it never came back. Any advice?

Post subject: Re: eHarmony match
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:00 pm 

scubadog222 wrote:
I feel my heart has been broken. I matched with a person by the name of "Daniel Richards" in Beloit, Wisconsin (through eHarmony). He seemed very sweet and did not push the communication too quickly. He had "business" over in Nigeria..???? He was supposed to fly into NY and then to my state this weekend. I hadn't heard from him in a couple of days but when I checked my hotmail account, I had received a crazy message from some hospital in Lagos, Nigeria that he had been robbed and badly injured and was in need of a blood transfusion that will cost $2950. As I was reading this, I thought.....yeah, something stinks here! "Daniel" had e-mailed me on Saturday and said he was leaving for the airport. I think it is strange that I am just now being contacted. (Monday evening). Don't anybody think I am sending money but does anybody have knowledge of this person? He claims to have been born and raised in Spain, 40 years old, never married. Came to the US 4 years ago. At 38 years old myself, I don't think I will ever find an honest loving man. I did send a piece of US mail to the address he gave me as his home address and it never came back. Any advice?

This is a SCAM, and I suspect he came from RUSSIA, not Spain. It could well be the guy who scammed ME(and ALMOST scammed a young woman in Puerto Rico too), or the one who recently scammed a young woman who just wrote to me today about it, very distraught!

These scum seem to follow a common storyline:foreign-born US citizens who just happen to be in Nigeria "on business". Many claim to be widowed with small children left to raise back in the US. In the case of MALE Nigerian-based scammers, many now are actually RUSSIAN in origin, using Nigeria as their base of operations!

In MY case it was a match from "True Beginnings" but in the case of one of the scam victims (who wrote me for advice)her match came from "eHarmony" (like YOURS)and the other (who was actually being "romanced" by the SAME SCAMMER who got to me)was from "Match.com" so these scum are permeating thru ALL the online dating services now!

My guess is that if you to to http://www.rusdetective.com" and have them investigate, you will find out this guy is a RUSSIAN scammer who is already on file for repeatedly pulling these scams! They can give you his details which will make it easier to help pull the plug on his shenanigans!

I may never get my money back, but it satisfies me MORE just knowing that I have spared at least ONE MORE PERSON from this abuse! In my humble opinion, these "Romeo scammers" are WORSE than a thief who only attacks your BODY while snatching your purse. They assault YOUR HEART and sense of self-worth.

Be well,
Shirley

Post subject: OOPS! WRONG link!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 pm 

:oops:
The CORRECT link:
http://rusdetective.com

Be well,
Shirley