There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Izergin Egevniy: Very Convincing magnet@rosarypea.com
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:04 pm 

Izergin Egevniy: Very Convincing magnet@rosarypea.com

I received an unsolicited email on gay.com. Replied to fairly casually but over the next three or four days got to know a little bit more about Izergin Egevniy. Once in relationships with women, he now realised that he was gay, oppressed by the repressive laws of Russia. He was an architect in a state owned enterprise, a simple Christian who visited his parents frequently. My heart went out to him as I saw him sitting in a provincial city, using an internet cafe, although he was trying to save for a computer of his own. Moved by this, and my vanity flattered, I offered to help him to buy a computer. I sent off $800 via Western Union, a service I had been only dimly aware of. I was impressed by his research on the subject of Western Union and naively thought it showed initiative on his part! Oh well! I thought, whatever happens, at least I have improved one poor Russian's life. I even tracked the transfer and was disturbed to discover it had lain unclaimed for a day. Poor Izergin. So sincere. He had not had time to get to the bank. Glowing in my deed of altruism, I was now concerned that he did not have an internet connection. Through further research he discovered that in order to get online he'd need another $900. Starting, only now to begin to feel slightly suspicious, I began research of my own, and discovered this and other sites and realised that I had been scammed good time. Of course I feel angry and abused but also accept that I should have done my research earlier in the process. How we can be blinded by vanity and having our egoes massaged. Having discovered all this, and having waved goodbye to $800 (or £400 as it is in the UK) I am now stringing him a long for a bit. There is a televised European evening of ghastly kitsch known as the Eurovision Song Contest in which Russia came third, so I have been extracting his comments on this with the bait of further money. I have to see the funny side of this. But I also desperately hope that noone else is taken in by this alarmingly plausible guy. I have discovered from Western Union (a beastly organisation to my mind) that the money was picked up in Yoshkar Ola, the centre of the scammer sweatshops. I was impressed by the quality of the photographs and wonder who the fresh-faced guy in them really is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:43 pm 

Thomas,
I am sorry you got scammed by that criminal. I understand your desire to mess with the scammer/criminal. What you are doing is dangerous for several reasons. Some are outlined here:
http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?

One other reason not to try to bait this scammer/criminal is that he has Real Life information on you. He has also gotten to you once and this leaves you vulnerable to his manipulation again.

I would recommend you drop all contact and ignore all of his attempts to contact you. Its not worth the risk!

Post subject: Thanks. You saved me.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:49 pm 

I received a note similar to the one you described. I was torn between feeling it was a scam, and feeling like I should find out more just in case the story was true. A quick search on the email domain name brought up your posting.

Thanks won't bring back your $800, but hopefully you'll feel a bit better about losing it. Thanks.

Post subject: RosaryPea is a weed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:33 am 

I wonder if this group knew that it was a weed? I grew up in Georgia and this weed is crazy bad . . . .

I have someone with this same website befriending me. Thanks for the warning!

Post subject: Re: Izergin Egevniy: Very Convincing magnet@rosarypea.com
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:58 am 

Well thank you very much thomas, i received an email of this guy witht that domain looking for contact, but something was wrong since the very beginning he sent me a photo and said that he wants a photo back, but if he search on the website i have a photo there so why he ask me for another one?.
So I wrote on google the name of the domain of his e mail and voila, the first thing who came was your post.
Sorry for your money but thank you for the advise.
paco

Post subject: Russian Scammer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:17 pm 

I am SOOOOO grateful to you for posting this. I too have been contacted through an unsolicited gay.com email by this attractive Russian guy who is lonely. My profile shows that I am in relationship and have been for years now however, that did not stop him. You saved me a lot of time and energy and I am very grateful. I cannot wait for his next email so that I can give your regards and tell him how to get lost. The pictures he sent are of such a good looking guy. Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to post these warnings. I really appreciate that even though I am sorry that you fell victim. You saved others from the same fate so it is appreciated a great deal.