ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eharmony being used for scams?...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:15 am 

I am a member of eHarmony and have been for about 6 months now. Recently I have started talking to a match the supposedly lives in Clayton, MO but is currently in Nigeria buying "antiques". She has always talke lovey to me and a couple days after meeting asked me to help her with her "$150 dollar a day internet bill." She now claims she is getting kicked out of her hotel and needs me to cash checks from her "client" totaling $2000. When I say the bank wont let me cash 3rd party checks she convientally says the check will be made in my name. No mention of me pocketing extra money as is common in these scams. Do you guys think I should take the checks and report to the SS or should I just shrug her off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:37 am 
Gold Member

'she' is unlikely to be a woman - more like a 6ft, hairy-*rsed Nigerian male. Terminate all communication with this person - under no circumstances give this person your address!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:09 am 
maninthestreet wrote:
'she' is unlikely to be a woman - more like a 6ft, hairy-*rsed Nigerian male. Terminate all communication with this person - under no circumstances give this person your address!

This answer is correct in all aspects

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 pm 

I ended conversation. I originally wanted to have the checks sent somewhere and reported it...but I dont know if it was going to do any good and I decided not to risk it.

Post subject: possible eharmony scam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 pm 

socaljoeyb: Do you happen to have a copy of the photo(s) and email address of your match who travelled in Africa buying 'antiques'? I suspect one of my eharmony matches of being the same type of thing.

Post subject: Eharmony
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:33 pm 

Shouldn't you be able to contact harmony with their information and get them terminated from the website. If you are paying for a service, shouldn't their be rights that go along with that service to help protect you from scams?

Post subject: Re: possible eharmony scam
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:29 pm 

It seems like Africa is the new New England with regard to antiquing. Stop all communications with this person PRONTO. I have seen this one before also. I received a letter saying the same thing. On their profile, they said they were a new homeowner. Lucky for me, I am friends with our County Assessor, and he had no record of her owning a home where she said.

To make a long story medium length, SCAM

cybrummel wrote:
socaljoeyb: Do you happen to have a copy of the photo(s) and email address of your match who travelled in Africa buying 'antiques'? I suspect one of my eharmony matches of being the same type of thing.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Wall Mart Model
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:53 pm 

I know your post is about one year old, but I found it doing a search about dating scams and have to share my story. This scam is also from a Nigerian but it was on Yahoo personals. Well, the picture was obviously a model, and I knew it was a scam but was curious and in need of some entertainment. I e-mailed this guy a couple of times. His story changed from living in a hotel in Seattle while he did a photo shoot as a model for Wall Mart to living in Nigeria doing a photo shoot for Coca Cola! Ha! And he even called me a few times. Of course I didn't accept the charges, but his messages were hilarious. For me it's just another form of entertainment. There's not much else to do until season 3 of Lost comes out on DVD.
Nuf said.

Post subject: Reporter looking for personal accounts of dating scams...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:30 pm 

I am a reporter with FRAUD SQUAD TV, a documentary series that will air on COURT TV this Fall. The program is focussed on informing other people about the types of frauds that occur today... letting them know what to look out for!

Our program will also be providing tips and resources to prevent others from becoming a victim and offer support to those who become victimized by a fraudster.

I would be interested in speaking with any of you further about your experience and possibly arrange an interview. Because our show deals with sensitive material and stories, identities can be hidden during on camera interviews.

If you wish to speak further, please let me know and I can provide my contact information at that time.

Thank you in advance for your time and response