ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Romanian Dating Scams - Have you been burnt?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:11 am 

I was scammed by a woman, or (man) in Benin West Africa... I am currently talking to a woman in Romania and am on alert because of the last time...
The situation with woman is much different from the last one. I have been asking allot of the same question to her in different ways seeing if she slips up. She has an answer for everything i ask her.. She has asked for money to help out her expenses to come here... (Red flag 1).. I told her that i do not have it to give cos i am recovering from the last time.
She has given me her address, her phone number and we chat online everyday for hours. But no web cam.., (Red flag 2). I really like this woman, how ever is she really a woman? Her pics are beautiful though... But they can come from just about any where.
She has a simple job working with children who works nights... Up to 3:00 am there time. (Red flag 3). She says she has a degree in banking and when she comes here to live with me that's what she wants to do for work..., Great! But when she asked for money, i said i hate western union.. I did how ever ask her to give me her bank account info and i will transfer some when i can to help... She said she didn't have one, but dose not know how to set one up... (Red flag 4). But as of yesterday she has set one up...
So now..., with all this information from her how can i get a back ground check on her...
I have her email, her address, phone number, and soon bank info. I will get her work number this week and also want to call her boss. I ma out 5 grand the last time, so im not loosing any more. I do how ever am going to try with all caution and will be open to any feedback and help from people who have been on this road.
Oh yeah i met her on the website; Cherryblossom.com. But... Still leary! Thank you for listening, John

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 am 

"buginface"... Keep coming up with excuses "not" to be able to send them any money and see how long this romance last... from everything you've just said, in my opinion this is definately a scammer. You can see the "red flags" so you're one up on most people in identifying a scammer. Play along if you want but don't send any money under any circumstance (their excuses will become more elaborate and more convincing).... she'll/he'll soon find someone else to try and scam and your communications will become fewer and less when they realize they cannot get you to budge. This is what these people do and sometimes the entire family is involved... if it was me I would just stop communication altogether and concetrated on finding someone local rather than waste my time on someone far away who is not "real". Been there, done that... the emotional pain is not worth it and life is too short to waste on scammers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:29 am 

Buginface wrote:
I was scammed by a woman, or (man) in Benin West Africa... I am currently talking to a woman in Romania and am on alert because of the last time...
The situation with woman is much different from the last one. I have been asking allot of the same question to her in different ways seeing if she slips up. She has an answer for everything i ask her.. She has asked for money to help out her expenses to come here... (Red flag 1).. I told her that i do not have it to give cos i am recovering from the last time.
She has given me her address, her phone number and we chat online everyday for hours. But no web cam.., (Red flag 2). I really like this woman, how ever is she really a woman? Her pics are beautiful though... But they can come from just about any where.
She has a simple job working with children who works nights... Up to 3:00 am there time. (Red flag 3). She says she has a degree in banking and when she comes here to live with me that's what she wants to do for work..., Great! But when she asked for money, i said i hate western union.. I did how ever ask her to give me her bank account info and i will transfer some when i can to help... She said she didn't have one, but dose not know how to set one up... (Red flag 4). But as of yesterday she has set one up...
So now..., with all this information from her how can i get a back ground check on her...
I have her email, her address, phone number, and soon bank info. I will get her work number this week and also want to call her boss. I ma out 5 grand the last time, so im not loosing any more. I do how ever am going to try with all caution and will be open to any feedback and help from people who have been on this road.
Oh yeah i met her on the website; Cherryblossom.com. But... Still leary! Thank you for listening, John

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:43 am 

Dont ever trust a ROMANIAN!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:13 pm 

Buginface wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:18 pm 

Well well well! I am back with some important information... I did allot of online research on this woman and found she was not able to be found any where online... So i researched company's who can do back ground checks... I found one that was able to help me out for a fee... Witch was allot less than what she wanted from me, by far!... Please people, think with your big head and not your small head when looking online for a woman. A little about me, i am a 43 yr old widower, and am very lonely. American woman's cultural values suck , and for many reasons i want some thing different than what is here for me.
So if your ready to drop 5 grand or more on a beautiful sexy lady you have never met... spend the extra 500 to see if she is who she is... The company i used is: http://www.wymoo.com. I would strongly recommend these people. They gave me more info on her and the scam buisness...
Please guys, if you own a home, have kids, and money in the bank.... Check out who you are dealing with... A wife is a lifetime investment, and it will cost you down the road.... And you will not even be close to have her... I know its easy to fall in love and the best part is the big mistery about your new friend and the romantic feellings that come with this type of love affair... http://www.wymoo.com, http://www.wymoo.com, http://www.wymoo.com, http://www.wymoo.com!!
I DONT WORK FOR THEM , AND I AM GETTING NOTHING IN RETURN FOR PLUGGING THEM, I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS HELP FOR YOU!!!!

Thanks , Buginface!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:26 pm 

rose78 wrote:
Dont ever trust a ROMANIAN!!

I dont trust any one..... Especially when my money is at stake. I am how ever hope full that there is a good person who would enjoy a good life with me here in the good ol' USA!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:54 pm 

ximora wrote:
"buginface"... Keep coming up with excuses "not" to be able to send them any money and see how long this romance last... from everything you've just said, in my opinion this is definately a scammer. You can see the "red flags" so you're one up on most people in identifying a scammer. Play along if you want but don't send any money under any circumstance (their excuses will become more elaborate and more convincing).... she'll/he'll soon find someone else to try and scam and your communications will become fewer and less when they realize they cannot get you to budge. This is what these people do and sometimes the entire family is involved... if it was me I would just stop communication altogether and concetrated on finding someone local rather than waste my time on someone far away who is not "real". Been there, done that... the emotional pain is not worth it and life is too short to waste on scammers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:49 pm 

If anybody needs some help to a back ground checks about romanian's people can email me to: versso2010@gmail.com

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:16 pm 

Nick wrote:
I see somebody posted this link for complaints to Romanian government.
http://www.efrauda.ro

Has anybody tried this, are you sure it's a legitimate web site?

Also, I'd like to thank Shane - the details of your story made me finally realize I was being scammed by a Romanian girl. She had very similar stories...model living in a studio, needs money for food, dentist, to rent an apartment etc. It almost looks like slightly altered version of the same script.

Anyway, I may post more details later, because at this stage I have to be very careful. Hope you understand.

It really useful for me. Thanks you for the reply.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:18 pm 

midnightwolf wrote:
I want to empathize and say to everyone that has had this experience that I am really sorry, I am an attractive, woman fairly intelligent well educated and romanians are expert at manipulating, I traveled to Romania to see castles and to meet some friends I had made online in the way.
I thought after a pleasant experience to open a business there, once I did this, everyone got sick with cancer, and everyone needed money, I heard the stupides stories about how their many children were hurt, sick, anything they could come up with, something you might see is that Romanians are not very grateful, once you give them something they never just say thank you, they have seen you have fallen for it, and they will keep asking. Normally one person that wants to help others has been hurt so once they know how you have been hurt they will try to tell you that was their case too, soon they make stories that will appeal to you, they act to share your interests, this is their game, they will use their children, grandmothers, dogs, whatever it takes to con you, many of them do have money.
Many romanians wait until someone decent comes along and then they fleece him dry.
when a Romanian smiles I wonder how much is going to cost me, I signed legal contracts, they wrote later in front of it, trusting their laws and how little they get enforced.
Romanian women con their own men too by getting pregnant and with cheap manipulations they learn from latino soap operas which is the only thing thy watch, they are pretty only in the oustide. I remember one romanian man who told one of his female friends that he had met an american, me, she contacted me online not knowing I was a woman since my name does not explicitly say my gender, immediately she threw herself at me, I only wanted to speak well about my friend but she was focused on me. I laughed about the incident but it really tells you who they are, they will spend their children's money in revealing clothes and hairstylist and claim they are poor, I have never met such vain creatures in my life.
I could write you more about the horrible things I endured or the blackmail that was the result of all good I tried to do for romanians, all I found was excuses and base attitudes, I loved the poor homeless dogs that were cruelly abused by these people.
I left the country with many ideals and my heart broken, what can I tell you, those people prefer to scam than to work, and when you see some beautiful girls that tells you how terrible her life is, she probably spent all her money in slutty dresses and black or blond hairdye. Dentists and medical bills are very cheap there, and the state although poorly still takes care of them. So anyone who asks you for 1000 USD of medical bills or dentist bills or 100 for food is simply lying to you. School is very cheap and they have many programs to go there for little money.
Please be careful because once these people hurt you you might change, once you stop giving them money they will try to blackmail you or insult you where they know you have been hurt, they will use anything to steal, nothing to them is sacred.
I survived Romania, but please remember that beauty is only skin deep and these people are masters at their craft. I will write more details of anyone is interested, I want to prevent what happened to me from happening to someone else!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:17 am 

I am glad you have shared your experience albion999. Now, I am aware of the possible scam that might also happen to me. Try to be more careful next time as I will also try to be be more cautious most especially in making friends.

Physician Jobs

Last edited by arjeine06 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:07 pm 

Hi I know how you feel
I met my Romanian lady in the UK
Spoilt her
Gave her money
Bought her nice clothes
I spent £7000 on her
This included three days in Bucharest in September
She persuaded me to sell two cars
Again she was aftervmoney to pay off debts allegedly
I paid for her and her brother to fly back to England
I paid for her to stay in a hotel
When I then told her I couldn't give her the money for something she threatened to tell my wife of our affair
I've not heard from her since
I was heartbroken
Four weeks later I am slowly getting over her
Stay positive
Regards
wheeljack wrote:
I am currently in Romania getting set to head back to the usa. I got scammed by someone who I thought loved me. I feel pretty badly right now. I am very heart broken and have been feeling unwell. I feel stupid and ugly and horrible. I got used very badly and threw away some money. It is a long story and a little different from the typical scammers stories I have read on the internet. But this woman was really vile, her whole family lied to me. I have been feeling unwell as a result of how sick this whole event has been for me. She was very legitimate and I believed that she was really interested in me. Her picture was real and she seemed like a nice girl. But she was full of lies. I met her on the dating partners site for Romania. However she wanted to switch to Yahoo messenger soon after. She claimed that it was easier to talk that way.

She lied to me and manipulated me. I traveled to Bucharest. I really liked her a lot. And I thought everything was fine. But over the past few weeks she became more and more distant. I was at her house. I woke up Sunday and her mom was like you are leaving here now. I was engaged to this girl. Anyhow, to make a long
story short, her parents made some demands on me. And asked for money, this was over the course of a few weeks. I'd been helping them out with stuff all along with small things. It seemed normal. But the demands became more detailed, like, "you give me €6000 for a new roof for this house. You give us $800 for her university tuition right now! At one point I was asked to pay their entire family dept. Stuff like that. I was like, I can help you all. I agreed to help over time.  I loved her and believed in the girl and her family. I offered her a chance to one day live in the usa if she wanted to. For her, her family. I really believed in this girl and I loved her. I really cared about her.  I was tricked to this hotel. After I paid the bill, my girl gave me my ring back and just walked away. Didn't say anything. She just left. I realized that I was being ditched.
Even though prior to ending up there she told me that everything was fine. She was such a good actress. She lied so much.

It broke my heart a lot. I had been talking with her for almost year before I came over. All of the time I kept asking her if everything was okay whenever she seemed distant and she just lied to me, to my face. She claimed that everything was fine. Saying things that weren't true. It was all lies. Her and her ma just wanted money out of me. It was all just lies, I doubt if she even loved me. She was so cold at times and weird.

I am sitting here near the airport in this hotel room right now just trying to keep myself level headed. I feel really, really bad. I keep asking myself, did I do anything wrong. But it isnt right to make demands for money on people like that. If she really loved me why did she treat me like this? Why would she hurt me in this way. Why would she be this way with me.

In my career I had plans of doing all kinds of stuff in Bucharest. I tried to contact the people at a few media spaces but they never replied. Every time I tried to set up a time to go down to the spaces in person my girl kept talking me out of it. She totally didn't care about my career stuff. Everything was always about her. So ego driven. She put down my stuff and her mom totally ripped on me. I showed her reviews out of the known periodicals, very important hard earned stuff I have done and she like just flipped it off like it was nothing. Nothing was ever good enough. She dismissed everything I showed her and she kept the attitude like I was a nothing or something.  This was a big red flag but I ignored it and tried to tell myself that maybe she was tired or something. But the fact is that she didn't care about me or my feelings. She just echoed whatever her mom wanted.

To add more, yesterday, she (my girl and her mom) came back to the hotel.  Her mother ran past hotel officials here and tried to come into my room. The hotel people had to restrain her. She had stuff of mine (a new ipod I gave my girl, a t-shirt ..etc) , When I asked for it back. She would not give it to me. Yet she brought it back to the hotel?!? She just stood there with the bag yelling. I am very upset to say the least. The hotel official had to block the door to keep her from coming in and she made a huge scene. I told my girl to just leave me alone. I sent an email to her prior threatening to report them. This is why I think she returned with my stuff. All of the time at her place my girl wa worried about who I was talking to on the phone or emailing. She would ask me who are you talking to. She also wanted to see the emails. In her pictures and in person, her eyes were so dark. Something always bothered me about her eyes. They weren't honest. She could never look at me directly.

I didn't do anything to cause this. Other than not giving her or her mom $$$£££ on the spot. I feel bad and stupid for falling for this. I feel so very alone. I feel very hopeless right now. All of the time wasted on this. And my emotions, she lied to me so much.

I thought about contacting the usa Embassy here but I don’t know. I am leaving Bucharest very soon.
I know that men are not supposed to cry but it is just so great, all of this hurt right now. It really really hurts so much, I just wish it would stop.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:21 pm 

glacious wrote:
mmmm dana found this site with her name attached to it and well its been over four months since i have last heard from her ,,,,,,,,she told me she was about to loose her apartment hahah very funny story considering the stories that people post here about housing and medical expenses and the excuses they use to lure people in sending money

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:31 am 

Hi, I am very very sorry for your experiences; keep strong and if you have your health you will look back and laugh at this. I was so sad to see what is going on with you and my fellow Romanians. I am Romanian but I am nothing like what you described here; so not everyone is like this; I'd like to think of me as a very decent person and I would never hurt someone. I came across this web side because I was looking how to help my sister, because she truly needs money for doctors. It is no lie and it is very hard to be without money and have your LIFE, quality of medical care depending on that. In our case we are very proud and we do not want to ask for anything but sometimes you are forced when your health is in true jeopardy; so we truly need money and we have no way to get them :( . At times like this you realize that no one in this world can or want to help and you have this debacle: what is the purpose of life. We still have hope and trust that God will take care of us. Again everyone do not be upset and leave all the past unpleasant experiences behind and move on, enjoy life because you have your health and therefore you have everything. Allow yourself to trust another human being and fall in love, hoping that you do not get to be nailed by another crook. Think that are millions of Romanians whether females or males, please do not say we are all the same because we are not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next