ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Romanian Dating Scams - Have you been burnt?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 am 

I am sorry you had to experience this. Janez is right. she is a type of pro-dater.
In her case and from what you write, she seems to be part of a group of scammers, cause you did meet or got in touch with more people. Usually the story they tell you about themselves is the truth, so you will not catch them on a lie. Parts of the story, like the dying father, can be made up, but in that case everybody knows that part of the story..
The signs she is a scammer are there, but are hard to see. She tells you the right things at the right moment. By being unsure to meet you she keeps you on the hook. She postpones meeting till the last moment when nothing much can happen anymore, still she makes that moment so magical for you, that she has you more head over heels and riled up than she would have when you would have been together for the time of your stay. She refuses your money. Not that she does not want to take it, but because she is making a simple investment. By refusing it that moment she knows she will get more out of you later on, because by refusing she gains your trust even more.
The beating up can be fake, or she had an argument with her boyfriend and used it on you. Rape is something scammers really like to use, cause it is so horrible that you would never think they made it up, but ask yourself this. Would a woman that was so reluctant to meet you, have no problem telling you she was raped? Would any woman at this early stage of a relationship tell you she was raped? It is used to get you off balance. You are not with her and the only way you can "save" her is come up with the money fast.

Once again, sorry you had to experience this. Best action to take now is just walk away from it. Don't confront her. She will have her answers ready and you might get sucked back in again. Trust me, you are being scammed. Take no risks and cut all ties. Don't even tell her why. Just completely ignore her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:04 am 

Pennywise wrote:
If you want any info on any Dana I could tell you about an Irish Singer. In other words, just a first name is not enough to go on.

She has not asked you for money, cause she does not need to. You already offered and that is the way the "better" scammers work. They do not ask, they coach you into offering it. She declined to build your trust, but there will come a moment she can not decline anymore, and she will be very sad about this. You caught her talking to someone else and she most likely still is. Probably more than one.
Not every scammer operates with a fake identity. That is more a Nigerian thing. She can use her own identity. This is a love scam, so it is extremely hard to prove she is scamming you. There actually iis safety in giving you her real info. It proves she never set out to scam you and people in love can give eachother money. There is no scam in that. She can hit you for a couple of dollars and does the same with others. Like you say, Romania is a poor country and even $20 can go a long way, so even if you believe you are no target cause you do not have a job, you still are. They truly believe that even without a job you do have plenty of money in the bank.

I HAVE HER PASSWORDS,,, TO YAHOO ACCOUNT..YOUTUBE ..AND WELL I WANT TO USE REMOTE CONTROL ON HER COMPUTER...
, SHE REALLY WANTS TO SEND ME HER OWN MONEY TO TRAVEL TO HER COUNTRY..
SHE WANTS ME TO GO THERE.

PERSONALLY, I WANT TO END IT,, I DONT KNOW IF I WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH HER. ANYMORE.
I TOLD HER THIS SHE STARTED CRYING.......
SHE LIVES BY HERSELF....
I DONT TRUST HER I NEVER WILL...BEING LONELY SUCKS...THIS IS WHY I GUESS I AM STILL WITH HER..
I WILL ALWAYS QUESTION HER,,,,, THIS IS WHY I WANTED TO END IT....SO I DONT TORMENT MYSELF SHE'S A screwing SCAMMER,,,,JUST USING ME FOR SOMETHING..OR REALLY LOVES ME,,,,BECAUSE SHES DEPRESSED,AND LONELY, AFRAID TO INVOLVED WITH ANOTHER ABUSIVE MAN THERE.SHE'S AN AVERAGE LOOKING WOMAN.PETITE..

SHE WORKS 24 HOUR SHIFTS,, AND SHOWED ME PROOF..even tho in the cam i couldN'T really see it..7-7 24 hours. round..
AND IDs..
I WILL CONTINUE QUESTIONING HER,, SHE DOESNT KNOW I PUT HER INFO HERE...
I WILL NOT SEND HER MONEY.SHE CAN STARVE.HOWEVER.SHE CAN SEND THE MONEY, SHE CLAIMS SHE WILL SEND TO SEE ME,,, I WILL THEN REFUND HER IF I TRULY GO.
I WANT TO CONTROL HER.SHE MUST DO WHAT I WANT...THERE'S NO OTHER WAY.. I WILL PUSH HER TO THE MAX....
I KNOW SHE HAS BEEN HURT BEFORE....I WILL BE COLD WITH HER..AND ALWAYS ACCUSE HER.
I STUDIED PSYCHOLOGY IN DECEPTION,THATS WHAT I MAJOR IN...EVEN THO STILL UNEMPLOYED...SHE JUST LONELY.
I WILL CONTINUE ASKING HER FOR NUDES PICS AND VIDEOS OF HER.
BTW I AM 24 SHES 34..................
I PUT STUFF OUT THERE TO HER,,, ARE YOU A WHORE ECT....??
I WILL CONTINUE TO MISTRUST HER.

A GREAT TIP FOR YOU LONELY MEN LIKE ME,,,, I BEEN LONELY ALL MY LIFE...IT SUCKS, IT PLAYS WITH YOUR MIND, DEPRESSION AND I AM 24......
LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP NEVER WORK.......UNLESS THE WOMEN IS A COMPLETE UGLY FREAK MONSTER OR DELUSIONAL/ANTI-SOCIAL HATES EVERYONE,[AND FINDS AN OUTLET IN YOU GUYS.........WITH MONEY...

I DO FEEL BAD FOR THOSE MEN THAT BEEN SCAMMED...BECAUSE LOVE IS SO screwing HARD TO GET..I WILL MOST LIKELY DIE ALONE,,THIS DANA...IS THE ONLY WHORE THAT EVER SAID SHE LOVES AND SENT ME NUDE PICS...SHES AVERAGE , HER FACE IS AVERAGE....

HONESTLY,, I MAYBE I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE.....IN LIFE.
I WANT TO BE A MONSTER.WITHOUT FEELINGS, TO NEVER FEEL WEAK, I GUARANTEE THIS I AM VERY STRONG PHYSICALLY LB FOR LB...I AM A BODYBUILDER.BUT AS MIND POWER GO... I HAVE BEEN ALWAYS BEEN WEAK :(...UNLIKE MY FATHER, A TRUE SAMPLE, OF MIND POWER, AND ZERO EMOTIONS.

THERE'S NOTHING MORE I CAN SAY...I WILL CONTINUE UPDATING IT HERE....WITH MY RELATIONSHIP WITH DANA...I CALLED HER TODAY..HER ENGLISH IS OK...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 am 

Hi. I'm gonna submit a long post on this subject. I hope you all will read it, comment it and answer my questions.

I recently startet researching this phenomenon. I have read alot threads/post about romantic scams. I've also tried to understand the "culture" behind all this. There are mentality here I will never understand. How people can play with feelings, and hurt human beings this bad, for something as cheap as money, I will never understand. Call me naive, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I want to trust. Otherwise life is cold and heartless. But I think I have to unkink my head and wake up to the real world ..

I found this statement that I belive speak for alot of these women (I use women as an example, since I am a man).

"As their economy is poor they are pushed and coerced into the industry by husbands, boyfriends, pestes and web pimps to better their lives. The ladies do the work for 10, 12 hours a day, the boys sit back count the cash and look to other women for satisfaction. Their own ladies burnt out.But they love em!" (Romanian Cam Girls thread).

Offcourse, there are alot sides of this "industry". Some do it because they dont have any other choice to live, some do it because they are forced to do it and some do it because it is a fast way to cash. But there are also some of these people that actually want a better life. If you lived in a poor country, with slim to nil chance to get a good job, no wellfare-system, no pension-plan ... What would you do? I belive the human urge to have a good life is strong. Some of these women just want out ...

Now, a more personal matter regarding this topic ...

I have also met a Romanian women. I would like to point out very clear that this is not sex-related in any way. I am a 30 year old man, fit, good looking with a good job, supporting family and a general stable life. I dont have problems interacting with women, and I know how to treat a lady. This women I have met is 7 years older then me and she lives in Bucharest. I have known her for about 7 months now, and we have met in real. I really like this women alot, and we have talked very much on mail, skype, cell-phone/sms .. We know alot about eachother, and alot of this is real. Dont make no mistake .. Maybe I am naive, but I am not stupid. She didnt ask about money, but she had the normal stories about bills to pay, family in trouble, abusive ex's and so on ... I know you are never to send money, but I will admit I have sent little. I dont think this women is a typical scammer, but clearly there are some things she is not telling me. She tells me that she wants to change her life, that she seeks stability. I have no problems understanding this. Nobody want to grow old without stability. But here is the catch: I have offered to come to her and help her. I have explained that sending money is not help, but it seems she only want me to send some money so she can fix things. Off course I will not send anything, but I cant help but wonder ... What if this women really want to change her life, but she cant because of the genreal situation she has in Romania? It is not easy for me to understand this poverty, me comming from a rich family. Money has never been a problem to me. I am very confused about everything ..

We still keep in touch, but not as much as we used to. I have explained to her that I really want to help her, but that real help dosnt come from money. Money is just a small part of help ...

I can keep you posted what will happen. But here is my question: Are there some kind of lists where I can check names, e-mails and so on for scammers? I've searched online for days, but I cant find anything about this women. Thats why it is so hard to be sure she is not for real (a scam) .. If she is for real, and she wants to change her life, and she cant leave right now because of her general situation, I dont want to be the guy that turned my back on her when she needed my help ... (You might wonder what this "general situation" is, but I dont want to go into these details at this moment). Also: If it turns out all this was a typical romantic scam, where are the best sites to post information, pictures and so on about the subject? I dont want anyone to have their feelings hurt because of a romantic scam ..

I think this women has been treated bad in life, and she has lost her self on the way. Maybe she is starting to wake up, looking for a way out. Or maybe she is stuck in a rut, neverending loop of misery ..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Elysium wrote:
She didnt ask about money, but she had the normal stories about bills to pay, family in trouble, abusive ex's and so on ... I know you are never to send money, but I will admit I have sent little. I dont think this women is a typical scammer, but clearly there are some things she is not telling me. She tells me that she wants to change her life, that she seeks stability. I have no problems understanding this. Nobody want to grow old without stability. But here is the catch: I have offered to come to her and help her. I have explained that sending money is not help, but it seems she only want me to send some money so she can fix things.

I have pointed out a couple of things from your post that tell me that she is a scammer . . . . you HAVE sent her money, and she does not want any "help" just the money.

About verifying her info . . . scammers change their names, email accounts and pictures faster than some people change their socks, so I always tell people that those kind of details are not what is important . . . if they ask for money, ask you to cash a check or transfer something for them they are a scammer.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51 am 

I totally agree with Shawn, this woman is most definitely a scammer so leave the guilt behind. It is a hard statement to make but this is the brutality about the issue. What I have learnt myself is when it comes to dating, there is only way, the old fashion one. Next time you do your shopping at the supermarket, look around and who knows....LOL..

Take Care
Dahlfi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 pm 

dangerfield30 wrote:
hello i have been talking to this romanian girl for 3 months now and i am madly in love with her...she hasnt asked me for any moey but what i hear abt from other peoples stories they r very similar..she now says she is so in love with me and she wants to pay for me to come and live with her...i am unemployed and she knows this i tell her im very poor and my life is so messed up but i write her such sweet messages and she says she is in love with me...i dont know what to do where is the scam i have nothing and she knows it and she says she wants to pay for me to come to her....she thinks im homeless pretty much and she keeps saying she wants to take care of me i dont get it i feel like im being scammed but i dont know anything abt the scams and im pretty sure she is scamming me she trys to tell me alot abt her life but it really isnt too much she just works and goes home to take care of her kid...i am so in love now im scared to really realise she is fake i will die..but it just seems to me now from all what ive been looking at abt these women that it is bull.....pls someone give me some good advice...thanks....

OK so
1..You never found out if she was a scammer?
2. You should have asked for her IP adress.or tell her to take a snapshot.
3.If she wanted to go you there i dont think for killing you there..? How many Americans are held ransom and killed in romania?
4. i video chat with my "girlfriend" i will send her a clothes..she is poor.that is not money is clothes.. she makes naked videos for me..not a whore.
5. i got her password.
6. i called her there.
7. i guess only that woman knows what shes thinking.
8. i met her on you tube...on videos a comment she replied to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:26 am 

Hey,

How about you ask her to come to you first instead of you going there and see what she replies....

Keep your guards up
Take Care
Dahlfi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 am 

CCCC wrote:
dangerfield30 wrote:
hello i have been talking to this romanian girl for 3 months now and i am madly in love with her...she hasnt asked me for any moey but what i hear abt from other peoples stories they r very similar..she now says she is so in love with me and she wants to pay for me to come and live with her...i am unemployed and she knows this i tell her im very poor and my life is so messed up but i write her such sweet messages and she says she is in love with me...i dont know what to do where is the scam i have nothing and she knows it and she says she wants to pay for me to come to her....she thinks im homeless pretty much and she keeps saying she wants to take care of me i dont get it i feel like im being scammed but i dont know anything abt the scams and im pretty sure she is scamming me she trys to tell me alot abt her life but it really isnt too much she just works and goes home to take care of her kid...i am so in love now im scared to really realise she is fake i will die..but it just seems to me now from all what ive been looking at abt these women that it is bull.....pls someone give me some good advice...thanks....

OK so
1..You never found out if she was a scammer?
2. You should have asked for her IP adress.or tell her to take a snapshot.
3.If she wanted to go you there i dont think for killing you there..? How many Americans are held ransom and killed in romania?
4. i video chat with my "girlfriend" i will send her a clothes..she is poor.that is not money is clothes.. she makes naked videos for me..not a whore.
5. i got her password.
6. i called her there.
7. i guess only that woman knows what shes thinking.
8. i met her on you tube...on videos a comment she replied to me.

You are responding to a post that was made close to 3 years ago. If you read the follow up posts you know what happened. An IP address does not tell you anything. Neither does having a password. Scammer profiles are often set up to deal with one person. Giving out the password will gain your trust and they know you will not find anything anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:05 am 

Dahlfi wrote:
Hey,

How about you ask her to come to you first instead of you going there and see what she replies....

Keep your guards up
Take Care
Dahlfi

she told me is she has a passport.But, no visa to come here..
Honestly, i think she wants gender.
her job place is legit.is called IRON MOUNTAIN
what else can i ask her?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:10 am 

admin wrote:
Elysium wrote:
She didnt ask about money, but she had the normal stories about bills to pay, family in trouble, abusive ex's and so on ... I know you are never to send money, but I will admit I have sent little. I dont think this women is a typical scammer, but clearly there are some things she is not telling me. She tells me that she wants to change her life, that she seeks stability. I have no problems understanding this. Nobody want to grow old without stability. But here is the catch: I have offered to come to her and help her. I have explained that sending money is not help, but it seems she only want me to send some money so she can fix things.

I have pointed out a couple of things from your post that tell me that she is a scammer . . . . you HAVE sent her money, and she does not want any "help" just the money.

About verifying her info . . . scammers change their names, email accounts and pictures faster than some people change their socks, so I always tell people that those kind of details are not what is important . . . if they ask for money, ask you to cash a check or transfer something for them they are a scammer.

Thank you for your reply. I e-mailed her again, pointing out very clear I was not interested in sending her money. No reply! Lol ... I guess I will find some sites to public her information. Maybe this helps little for other men in the future. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:13 am 

Well if she is as much in love as she says she is and knowing the fact that you have no means yourself, getting a visa should not be an issue for her, right?

As her may be to send you a copy of her passport with the page with her picture and the last two pages. Scammers create false passports using various editing tools which means that they only have the main page. This would still not prove that she is legit but it can bring you closer to find out.

Have you tried to call her at her workplace?

It is not my place to comment here but really, based on what is happening with the Romanian girls scamms, better be safe than sorry and move on. If she is honest with you, she will go the extra mile to prove you that.

Keep your guards up.
Dahlfi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am 

Dahlfi wrote:
Well if she is as much in love as she says she is and knowing the fact that you have no means yourself, getting a visa should not be an issue for her, right?

As her may be to send you a copy of her passport with the page with her picture and the last two pages. Scammers create false passports using various editing tools which means that they only have the main page. This would still not prove that she is legit but it can bring you closer to find out.

Have you tried to call her at her workplace?

It is not my place to comment here but really, based on what is happening with the Romanian girls scamms, better be safe than sorry and move on. If she is honest with you, she will go the extra mile to prove you that.

Keep your guards up.
Dahlfi

i will ask her this too about the passport.I seen a job papers, but it wasnt clear thru webcam.
and thanks for the tips, like i said before dana is single, no child.

i told her i am broke, and am really broke zero money after college..
shes has no parents or siblings and and i seen a picture of her Ex boyfriend and age.somewhere else where she told me his age..so it match.

i didnt meet her in a dating site it was youtube. i read all her online comments on youtube and on yahoo. most of them is about star gate.
she never asked for money to her online buddies..
i told her to stop talking to anyone since we are a "couple"

i will keep this site updated with my story. i always ask for names.
The only american killed there was a basketball player in a club for fighting..
2,maybe to her having an american boyfriend is like something special..shes definitely lonely.
not a webcam girl..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 pm 

Just be careful that is all. You may have mentionned it through previous post but if you are a US citizen, you are valuable to her in terms of obtaining a green card..Just be alert, that is all.
Dahlfi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 pm 

Ok, here it is.

I been a victim over a period of 5 years by 2 Romanian women, well I know what you thinking, but what the heck, when you want something badly you wont stop, is like playing the lotto, you keep buying tickets. I will list only four here, but I meet 12 of them, some I have dated, meet them in Romania, not on the net, later I have continued the relation on the Internet. I am listing the 2 of them who did the most damage and are the most sophisticated and organized. I will not list for now some of their accomplices.

I have been scammed for over half a million dollars, thanks good I could afford it, all scams based on romance and promise of a marriage and a family.

I am not going to give you details, but I will list names here so you will know who to look out for, some of this women are related, friends or they work together as a team, claim to be sisters, cousins or just friends, they are a very well organized gang.

1. Madalina Rata, aka: Ana, Valentina, and Mady. Works as a video chat host, age 30, lives in Bucharest.

2. Mariana Mitu, cousin to the above one, aka: Christina, Chris, Monica, and Mary. Works as a video chat host, age 35, head of this particular gang of women. Lives in Bucharest.

They all claim to be students, and study psychology.

They are willing to meet with you in Bucharest as long as you go by their schedule, like having midterm exams, having failed exams for the summer, etc. In fact they have programmed individuals from foreign countries to come and meet with them. All of them travel intensively in Europe, vacations, in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, and Hungary etc.

All of them have Italian boy friends, so do not bother, all Romanian women have boy friends, or husbands or gender partners, a lot of them have more then one boy friend, there are no morals in Romania, what can you do for money.

I have meet this women personally in Bucharest, not on line, I found out later that they are p.... stars.

They went to the extremes of introducing me to family, and after that ask for real estate in Bucharest, even their mother try to negotiate this sort of a deal.

When they say they are models, mean video chat hosts.

Working in a Studio, or living in a studio, mean they work as video stars for someone else, and that person takes most of their money, usually 70% of what they make.

They are all very fond of Victoria Secrets stuff, ask for items from the catalog, and ask for jewelry, and specially for money.

Reasons to ask for money: need money to pay tuition, education is free in Romania, my mom goes to Italy to work and needs money for the plain, my brothers or sisters need to go to work and need money for the plain, my relatives have to come back for the holydays and I miss them so much. My aunt is very sick and she needs an operation, I love her so much. My mom is sick, I am sick, my grand ma is sick, my father die, my mother die, my aunt die, I have no money for rent, I am homeless that is why I sleep at work, I am starving, I have problems with my teeth, I have problems with my kidneys, I am real sick, I throw up all day, I need to go to doctor, I need to buy medication, I have nothing to eat. I am so tired, I need a vacation, etc, etc, etc.

If they call you on the phone, always will be in a taxi, they will call you and will be nice to you one or two days before ask for money, if you call them on the phone they will not answer, and you call later and they will answer and be in the bath room, but you have to know, they are in a cafe, bar, night club, restaurant, and only in the bath room is quiet, you can tell by hearing some one else flushing the toilet.

They will tell you that they are crazy about you and can hardly wait to meet you, they will turn on the web cam for you, but remember in Romania who has a computer and a web cam works as a video chat DELETE THIS POST star. Pay attention most of the time they will be on line around your time EST 8 to 9 pm, WST same hours, Romanian time 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6 7, 8 o’clock in the morning, is their working schedule as DELETE THIS POST stars.

When you see them, they will be dress casual, nightgown, pajamas, or just bra and panties, claim is to hot there, in fact they are working on chat. They will sent you very sexy pictures, look like pinups, well there are made to advertise. They will make love to you on line, they know how to manipulate you to obtain all they want from you,

I have never meet so many scammers and crooks in my life as many I meet in Romania..

If you plan to go to Romania, they will be happy to see you, but do not go for two weeks, they will tell you to leave in one week, because they have to go in the country side to help their mother picking up the harvest, or something like that, in fact is some one else’s turn to come over for a week.

Please look on face book, and find their profiles, one thing nice about Romanians , they love to brag about what they do, so you will find pictures from night clubs, their boy friends, vacations, parties in restaurants, hotels etc.

I could go on for ever with this, I have actually just make a little general picture, did not want to bore every one with this. No time to put here a list with all their accomplices and acquaintances.

Who ever want pictures of this women, I am willing to email them to you, to bad you cannot post pictures here.

Last edited by justavictim on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 pm 

Quote:
You are responding to a post that was made close to 3 years ago. If you read the follow up posts you know what happened. An IP address does not tell you anything. Neither does having a password. Scammer profiles are often set up to deal with one person. Giving out the password will gain your trust and they know you will not find anything anyway.

this is what he wrote...
" i guess i will never know if she was real or not but with my luck i doubt it."And all the murders were done in africa,I dont even know if americans were killed there.besides that guy in a bar.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/ ... 8054.shtml the story..

And honestly about his story is that she maybe did just want him there.

I also saw her passport.
and IDs.and job papers.

She is poor.And def lonely i really think she just wants companionship and sexual intercourse. She doesn't trust men there.As domestic violence is high.She always speaks about her freedom. And hates men there because of how they treat women.
2nd.I told her about the scammers and she told is true there are a lot of scammers in ukraine, romania and others she said.She got mad because she defends her country against gypsies and saids is not 3rd world country but it is.
3rd. she wants her her own money. unfortunately she does what she can to survive day by day.

Last edited by CCCC on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next