ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scammed by Fred
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:17 am 

I am still in shock that this has happened to me! You always here stories and think, "How could they have been so stupid?" Well now I know. In January while I was on Yahoo Messenger, this guy popped in and said "hi". We chatted occassionally for a couple of months. Nothing special. Then all of a sudden he is in Chicago on business. He supposedly owns a construction company in Texas and one in London. He's also supposed to be from Toronto. Anyway, once he was in Chicago, he started "romancing" me. We talked daily. I was the love of his life. He never thought he'd ever fall in love after divorcing his wife 10 yrs ago. But after meeting me, he knew that i was the one! So he kept on with all the smooth talk,etc. He made me feel so special and loveable. He was such a dream come true! He wanted a family and he loves kids. Everything I've ever wanted in a man! I was convinced he was a blessing from God! These conversations went on for 3 months. Then all of sudden he kept having problems getting his men and director back from Nigeria to work in Chicago. He couldn't leave to me until they got there. Well he ended up getting me to wire $200 and then $300 to his "director" in Nigeria. But of course there was always some problem and he could never get here to me. He even promised to pay all of my bills, etc as I am flat broke and am about to lose my car and apt. I am so upset. The final straw came when I received a check in the mail made out to another woman. It was Canadian funds and I couldn't figure out why I would receive someone else's check. I knew right then he had screwed up. He was supposed to have had a check sent made out to me. So while I was IM'ing him about this little mishap, I looked up this gal's address on the internet, found a phone number, called her and guess what? She had the exact same story as me! Exactly! He contacted her in January on Yahoo Messenger and went through the whole charade with her. He aparently told her to send me the check as she had told him she found out the check was fraud. So she was to send me the check as I was supposedly his lawyer and was going to take a look at it. But apparently he thought that she would make the check payable to me somehow. Then he told me to just cross out her name and put in my name. Then go cash it! Hello?!
I am extremely curious if anyone has come across this guy as well.
His yahoo profiles are "mc_eric_ben" and "france_frd"