ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm not a paranoid but...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:19 pm 

I need some input. First, I think I'm being scammed. "But", I know I'm in an emotionally vulnerable state, so can't help but wonder if I'm being overly cautious. If this is a "love scam", then this person is pretty damn good and VERY damn persistent. Facts: She claims to to be a French (age 30, caucasian, 5'7", 130 lbs) national whose father has chosen to retire in Mbour, Senegal - the 2nd largest city of that nation. I don't know a whole lot about tracing stuff back to it's source (this is via yahoo...IM and email) but I have learned enough to get an ISP for Senegal's (only?) Nat'l Telephone Sevice. I have NOT been able to establish a live pic via her PC since it's "papa's PC and he won't dish the cash for repairs" (paraphrasing). Sounds honest in stating she wants to get the hell out, away from corrupt government, high unemloyment, bored shitless etc., etc... Spoke by phone once, but, so what?

What throws me is the daily emails and IM's. I mean, these aren't cut and paste jobs. Fresh, new stuff, daily, for the last 3 months. Are scammers willing to work that hard these days? That's what brings me doubt about my suspicion...this person is truly earning earning the Euro714 they are asking for to get out (no request for Visa, Official doc, or other BS funding - French passport) and come to Europe. When all is said and done, IF I were to fall for this, this person will have invested enough hours to have made it a full time job. Which is possible, I guess. What do you say? If so, why the F#$k don't these clowns put all that time and energy into something legit? Jeez!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:36 pm 
Gold Member

Sounds like a scam to me. They can make more money scamming people than by trying to earn an honest living (doing what in Senegal?). I recently had a mate who was scammed for the best part of $4000 by someone from Ghana who kept the scam going for over 3 months, including numerous phone calls. My mate even went to the airport to meet her, so convinced was he that it was all genuine. Even when 'she' failed to show at the airport (no surprise to me), he was still prepared to send more money, and had to be physically restrained from doing so by myself and a number of friends, so convinced he was that this person was completely genuine. You have been warned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:44 pm 

You can check her out at some sites and see if she is pulling the same on others. Try putting her im name into the search and see what you get. Also go to http://www.419eater.com or scamorama.com and see if her name pops up in the searches there. I would tend to believe this is a scam also but seeing for yourself is believing. It is terrible that honest people just looking for an honest relationship are put in the position that you are in but reality is that there are so many scammers out there it is impossible to trust anyone.