ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Online Dating Scam
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:24 pm 

I recently was scamed on an online dating site named Plenty Of Fish.Here's how it went down; through (POF) message box sent me a email that a lady left me a message.The user's ID was HFIL and I logged on to receive the message.The ID of this person was racbrian70 instead.This person said they had viewed my profile and wanted to get to know me.But instead of chatting through POF,I was given an email address( racbrian70@yahoo.com) I saw a photo and profile that peeked my interest so I began trading emails. I regestered on Yahoo Messenger so we could both chat. Things seem to go well between us and in the interest of asking/answering one another's questions led me into a false sense of security. Durring this casual chit-chat I talked about who my favorite historical character was,and later on the subject of pets what I'd named my first one.You can see where this is going now.I didn't at the time. Nor did I mind that this person would come and go offline many times durring our lengthy chat sesson.

Then reality hit when I received a pop up notice of a email comming in from my Paypal account stateing my purchace at a London Dress Company had been approved. I went into panick mode as I found myself locked out of my Paypal account-because the password had been changed-even on my Yahoo account as the very email that had tipped me off had mysteriously been transfered to my junk file.Needless to say because i was tricked out of two basic security questions they were able to change the passwords by using the "forgot password option". As upsetting as all this was,I was able to dispute the bogus perchase with Paypal and changed my passwords to gain control again.There is another disturbing matter-I sent photo's of myself to this scammer-so i now fear they can use my mug on a phony profile in any date site. The Red Flags that I chose to ignore:They took down their profile off POF imediately after contacting me,This person reported to be living hundreds of miles away which put meeting face toface unlikely,the photo shown me was a very young and attractive woman-who insisted that our age gap didn't matter,and the fact that they kept comming and going offline durring the session. This whole ordeal has been hurtful and was nearly a financial wound as well.I welcome any comments,as I hope this will help warn other guy's looking to find love and not a heart ache.

Post subject: Re: Online Dating Scam
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm 

James Morgan....jamesmorgan99@yahoo.com is a scammer. He will also try to pass a counterfeit check to you and is well known on facebook and dating sites such as tagged.com. He is very smooth but be careful as at one point he threaten to kill me. Says he is from the States but is living in London, UK and works for Sun Oil as an engineer...they have never heard of him. He is not working but relies of women like myself to give him money.

Attachments:
jm2-3.jpg
jm2-3.jpg [ 26.48 KiB | Viewed 27772 times ]

Last edited by valevecoo on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:52 pm 

I just read your post about you too being scammed-sorry to hear as I know the pain and humiliation of having someone both charm and kick you in the heart also. I was glad to read that you've moved on as I have also. May we both find good people to give our hearts to, and may the hurt we both had cause us to be wise and more cautious to guard ourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 am 

Hi there,

It is very disheartening to still read about good hearted poeple being hurt through this. Good on you to pull the plugg and walk away. If I may ask, how did you send him the money?

Take Care
Dahlfi