ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ladies, Watch Out For Larry "L-Kae" Knight
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:12 am 

A few years ago, I became a target of a con man that had perfected the Sweetheart Scam. I signed on to a dating service via the web. Being new to internet dating, I looked through the profiles to see if anyone caught my eye. There he was, Lawrence Knight, or L-Kae as he is also known. He was everything I was looking for….African American, tall, physically fit, very intelligent (he stated he had 2 degrees) and financially secure. Over the next few months I learned this man was not who he claimed to be. The man I met portrayed himself as a successful record producer, with several platinum records to his credit, an owner of 6 recording studios, a Gospel recording artist and a man of God! I learned the hard way that the only truth about this man was his name!

He told me he was an experienced, talented, gifted, young producer/writer contributing to chart number record sales worldwide. He also stated he had a track record of working with some of the industry’s best recording artists. We spoke on the phone daily, for hours at a time, getting to know each other. Initially he would ask “what do you want from me and why me?” I figured he wanted to ensure I was not a “gold digger” and I would answer in kind. He was so sweet and attentive! Although he was very busy recording, touring, working on albums for the artist’s on his label, and running a successful clothing line, he still had time for me! Yeah right...this was all part of his plan! He would describe his dreams of meeting that special woman he could build an empire with and take over the world! I was that woman! We would discuss ways to continue building the empire he had already started. After several conversations, he told me he loved me! It was a love affair you only read about. I was honored that this man, a man that could have any woman he wanted, chose me! I read all about him and his company, Overknight Music. I came to find out everytime someone caught onto him, he "changed" companies! All the info I found on him described him as a gifted artist, with so much talent, blah, blah, blah. I was so impressed by his accomplishments! Check out this guy’s latest website....http://www.theknightsgroupinc.com. This guy even writes what his celebrity friends have to say about him. Needless to say, Wyclef Jean, Michael Sykes, nor Tony Terry have ever heard of Mr. Knight. I later learned he created and put out his own press!

He would talk about all the things he was involved in. He met my family and friends and they all thought he was amazing! My kids even loved him. I wanted us to be a successful couple, personally and professionally. I gave him a large sum of money for one of his many business ventures. He told me it was an investment and that "you had to spend money to make money"! Yeah, my money, not his! Mr. Knight signed documents reflecting how the percentages would be split.....there were so many investments. I never saw his money....never!

There were many requests for me to”invest” in different projects. From time to time, I wouldn’t have the money to invest. I would then hear about his agent, Kenny Jones, and how important it would be for me to keep my end of the deal. Did I mention, Kenny Jones does not exist! I guess bad things would happen if I didn't. As Winter approached, Larry was experiencing some financial difficulties with his business and needed my help! Either his ex-wife was taking him in for additional child support or he was opening a new studio or a bunch of other reasons, all his assets were frozen...pure BS! How would he survive? Of course, I stepped in to help the man I love! Well, you guessed it, he needed more money! In early December, Mr. Knight entered into an “arrangement” with Sony Music. His new company, Knights In Armor Entertainment, would be under Sony. In order to prove their legitimacy, Larry and his business partner would need to have some money in escrow.

He asked that I invest money for this deal. In return, I would receive a huge profit from this investment....after all, Sony was going to give him millions!! Needless to say, the Sony deal was a lie and never materialized. How could it, Sony had never heard of Larry Knight!

I guess he figured I was tapped out. He became distant and my kids started to ask questions. I believed that even if he was "playing" me, he wouldn't lie to the children.....after all he had children too and would never harm the innocent. I was dead wrong!

I had had enough! So what I would not get married to a man that would give me the world, that had a house just completed in NC, that had a staff of 15 employees, that was great friends with Jamie Fox, or that would make me a very wealthy business woman! I now had to pretend to still believe his lies and make nice to get my money...at least some of it! Once the dust cleared, I learned I was not the first, nor the last, to be duped by Mr. Knight. His MO is to meet women on the internet, race, age, nor size matters. All that matters is that she has a source of income! One would think that since you have a legal document (“Business Partnership”, “Co-Executive Producer Contracts”, and “Project Agreements”), the contract is legit. Not so fast! Mr. Knight has perfected his game and continues to scam woman across the country! There are several women that are now trying desperately to repair the credit that this con man has damaged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:27 am 

Almost the SAME EXact thing happened to me! Except for my ex was a "Christian" singer /songwriter producer. Ill post some info about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:38 am 
Gold Member

It's weird, it seems like they really like the name "Larry". I wonder where they come up with these names.

Post subject: He got me too...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:56 pm 

The exact thing happened to me except we were opening a youth center together. L-Kae is toxic. Your story was way to familiar. he seams to target very intelligent women and exploits their dreams. I have true empathy for you and know where you are all too well, I'm sorry.
~E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:17 pm 

http://www.gamerstemple.com/vg/games8/001075/001075r01.asp

The use of Larry may come from this game.

Luke 22:31,32
When the herd is aheadin' fer the cliff, it t'ain't bad bein' a Maverick!

Post subject: He's at it again - Larry Knight, L-Kae Knight, etc....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:19 pm 

:x Well ladies he;s at it again. Does he never learn. He's back on Match.com (which is where I met him). His new screen name is - asone197). Mr Larry Knight, L-Kae Knight, Chris Stone, Chris Kellie, etc...

As stated by someone earlier - this man is toxic. He prays on single woman telling you everything you want to hear and making so many promises.
He took it one step too far with me because he involved my daughter and dreams too.
This is the worst kind of man there is - not only does he pray on woman , but he also incorporates their children also !!

Post subject: Re: Ladies, Watch Out For Larry "L-Kae" Knight
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:50 pm 

Very familiar story .. with a little twist ..

I still think he is amazing, talented, gifted, handsome, intelligent and ALL that .. i still have the memories, his plane tickets, pics, cd, candles, little notes he left .. ... we must accept that WE made a mistake, he didnt force us to do anything, we r not victims ... we choose to do what we did, took the risk and why not? enjoyed it .. we are as guilty as he is .. what was in our heads? (nobody warned you?) ... were we being selfish too? (what a nice life we were going to have with him? right? ).. . .. we need to accept we are the ones who let things happened .. its not fair to blame him or others for our mistakes .. lets take charge of our lives ... think about that, it was a good lesson ... learn, go on with your life and be fair to others .. I hope God forgives Larry for what he tried to do to us .. and I really hope that the only thing you let him take from you its money .. .. because that you can replace it ..

God bless you

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:25 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Mina,
I do like your positive look at this is a lesson and people should learn from it, and to remember the good times you had and be thankful that the only thing you lost was money and that can be replaced, but I do know that this is hard for many romance scam victims . . . this scam is so much more personal because feeling are involved, and once those are crushed it takes time for it to heal.

I am glad to see that you have taken a negative thing and looked at it with a positive view, and that you have been able to move on from this.

But remember this . . . a con man or scammer is the one to blame for the situation, not the victim who was willing to open their heart and trust them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:13 pm 

It wasnt easy for me either, but I put myself in that situation .. It wasnt easy to come out of it, because I was thinking of what he did to me, how I felt .. but when I started thinking about him, everything changed .. I think we have to love ourselves, and know that we deserve better than a man like that can offer, we need something real ... I know .. we ALL saw him coming, and didnt want to recognize it .. our doubts, that feeling in our stomach that tell us something is not right .. we ignore it to live what we were living .. and we paid the price .. some gave money .. some more than that .. but in reality, we all gladly played the game he lead us to play .. theres something about him, makes u want to think he is complete .. I am glad I met him .. It changed my life ..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:37 pm 

He never asked me for money ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I understand that it was not easy for you to get to the point that you are at . . . I think of it much like the death of a family member . . . every person deals with it differently . . . some seem to get through it quickly, and others take years to get to that same place . . . it is a process.

I think every woman can look back at her life and find ONE relationship that she says "I should have know better" about. When I look back at my own life, I know I can. But like you said, it changed your life. I would be willing to bet you are a stronger person now.

This song comes to mind when I think of my own "I should have know better" relationship . . .
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 pm 

Ladies,
Let me be clear, this is NOT ANY OF OUR FAULTS! It is Larry Knight fault. He is a Professional Con-Man! Hence, he is good at what he does. Promising lucrative careers and business opportunities WITH CONTRACTS THAT WERE LEGAL!! He is a thief and a scam artist...that is who he is and I trusted the contracts signed for legit!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:35 am 

I'm amazed that this man (and I use that word lightly) is still at his games. As a young freshman college student (back in 1983), I met Larry (Lawrence Webster Knight) at Waynesburg College in western Pennsylvania. He played on the basketball team and even then, he had big dreams (and even talent) in the musical arena. Sad to see what he has done with all of the talent that the good Lord gave him. I am happy to report that I have a beautiful 23 year old son whom Larry fathered, but he never was a dad. He hasn't seen him since he was a year old. My son is very succesful and everything that his father was not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 pm 

I have been a recent victum of Mr. Chris Daniels of TFS Film (real name Lawrence Webster Knight. I was taken for about $60,000. I will post more about my story later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm 

Wow...He got me too..."Chris Daniels"...didn't ask me for any money either.