ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attention for female users of Cupid.com
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:58 pm 

My STBX placed an ad on Cupid.com back in July. At the time, we were still together. He makes no mention of being married in the ad. From a little investigating that I did, he is telling women that he has been divorced for years. We aren't even divorced yet and he has not made one move to file papers on his own. I cannot afford a divorce as he walked out on me and my (not his) two daughters. He lives in his mommy and daddy's basement, has TWO children, not just one son as he claims in the ad. His youngest son, he has never met, as he dumped the mother of the boy as soon as he found out she was pregnant.
His online name is bobs45895. This is also his ID on Yahoo. He lives in Northwestern Ohio, and makes a habit out of lying to women on the internet. As I said, he was talking to women and "cyberdating" women on the net, while we were still married. He will not be completely honest about his financial situation either as he pays a hefty sum in child support to two different women. He cannot afford to live on his own because of this, and since he left me, he no longer has my paycheck. Do no believe a word he says to you if you happen to stumble across his ad. He is probably searching for women either in Ohio or in the eastern part of the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:33 pm 

have you posted a warning on cupid.com? or alerted the site admins about the situation? Might be worth exploring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:33 am 

yes, I have. The only thing that I get back is some auto mailer telling me thanks, we'll look into it. Yet his ad is still up there. You can report members till the cows come home but as long as these sites make money off of lonely people, they won't touch an ad or a person. It could be some pedophile and they could care less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:46 pm 

personally my next move would be to bring it to the authorities attention. Write a formal complaint letter and give links to the site and the ad in quesiton as wel as let them know attempts to resolve this through cupid.com failed, it appears that as long as money is being made its a free for all on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:33 am 

You know what the really sad thing is regarding reporting this to the authorities............ MY STBX IS A COP. Yes a sworn officer of the law, so unless there is a higher authority out there, there is nothing I can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:54 pm 

I'm not surprised that the web site hasn't pulled his profile. Afterall - they can't go around pulling profiles of every guy who's ex wife/girlfriend says "he's a liar!!" I'm not saying you are not telling the truth. In your case I am sure that he really IS a liar. But how the hell are they supposed to know who is telling the truth and who is just a spiteful ex lover?

Certainly there are higher authorities than the police. Police are actually pretty low on the chain of command of authorities. Only one step up from you and I.

But my question is -- is this guy really doing anything illegal? I guess maybe fraud. I'm not a lawyer but I think this would be stretching a fraud charge. I mean - how many guys lie to some chick in any bar in the country every weekend? Lie about how much money they make. What a great job they have. They are seperated (meaning, since breakfast). My Ferarri is in the shop. The baby seat in the car belongs to my sister. blah blah blah

Is it immoral? Absolutely! The guy sounds like a real piece of work. Is it illegal? I doubt it. And even if it WERE illegal on some technical point, I highly doubt any prosecutor would pursue a case of some guy spinning yarns to pick up chicks.