ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: match.com scam
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 pm 

Back in june 2010 i was winked at by raymond gerald on Match.com. He was supposedly in spain doing a project and was from ireland originally but living in indiana.
He said he was an only child, both parents were dead, no relatives other than an uncle living in Ireland.
This guy is so believable and good! I was warned by my sister about these scams but paid no attention to her cause I believed most people were honest and good. What a joke!!
He asked for my email address and phone # so we could communicate. we did for about 2 months.
He sent me a beautiful poem which he said he wrote!
He called me love and baby, said he loved me, missed me and all that garbage.
I would question him and ask how can you love someone you don't know? He knew all the right answers. He would say : because my heart tells me so. ok, how beautiful is that?
Anyway to make a very long story short, he conned me out of a lot of money.
I feel like a complete FOOL. I was warned but couldn't believe this sweet guy was dishonest until I rec. a phone call saying he was in a terrible accident on the way to the airport. Reality!!
I am so hurt and had to report this so others like me have a chance.
Beware.
His username on match was "bigbird". Just in case ladies...

Post subject: Re: match.com scam
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 am 

hi there
i was just scammed over xmas time by a similar guy to yours; he got me as i had no money and thought i was safe! he said he would just send his own money thru my bank as in africa they only take us$ and he was stuck there; and of course he was in charge and was going to clear up any questions when he arrived (never) so the 20k went into the account and it was real money; then i wired it as told to do; he even had a cpa and very legit looking documents also;i am certain a chase bank has insider involved as the timing was too perfect and the rules wouldnt be known by average joe; he reacted to that when i mentioned it also;
and a few days later it was all reversed out and i am considered a money launderer; with a 20 year prison sentence to go and lose my house and kids; and he just sort of dropped away from all of it; only he is still on match . com and no matter how much i report him he has been there

he changes his name so much; i started to see patterns on my own time; and see the holes; but when they have u its like ur brain exited to somewhere else
its hypnotic; financial rape and feels as bad as it can; and the law dosent care at all; we havent resolved it at the bank got lawyer;

he sold me my dream; and i dont usually fall; he was good the photos were foreign and of a guy who looked like the brother of jesus; i still cant believe it all;
but its my new life and reality for ever i guess; i will send you to the INBOX here for my GHOST poem after; i cant figure out why media and banks and law dont care about fraud; its too complex and smart for them!!!
prevention is key to putting them oo business as well as education; yet no one cares it seems thanks for listening!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 pm 

hi there
thank you for responding. that does sound like Raymond Gerald. He seemed very sweet and determined!
He also wanted to wire money to me , but his bank would not allow an international transfer. I didn't have any money either. He told me has was in China to get eqipment for his job and then was robbed and stuck there.
He told me his life was in my hands!!
I was to wire money to spain to a woman Jesica Rolex, which I did. Then he calls again and says he needs more money to pay for his hotel room and money to get to the airport to come see me.
We started communicating in June and it went on until the end of september.
i also feel so sorry for my stupidity and can't believe people are out there just waiting to steal others money!
Oh i forgot, about the bank acct he wanted to send me money from it looked legit and it looked like he had
over a million lira in his acct. when i went back to check the acct after he scammed me it was gone, no acct was found!!!

Post subject: Re: scam on dating site
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:07 pm 

Hi there,
You are not alone. But I didn't lost much.
I met him on anotherfriend.ie site. Widower with one child etc..... His life story was very similar. His said his name was Bryan Ronald Brook (bb112 users name)from Portsmouth, VA. He was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, grew up in both (Mayo) Ireland and Bahamas, his mam was an Irish woman, while his dad was a British, the spent most of their lives together in Bahamas and States. He says he is an independent contractor/senior supervisor, currently working on a contract with Ridzo-Group, here in Valencia, Spain. His mail address bryanbrook62@live.com (home) and bryanb@ridzo-group.com (work). He left the site as bb112, but he is back as 4 different person as:
bryan2kn2
ronbro2kn1
bbron2kn1
moore2kn1

Different Pictures but this is the same man.
And I have reason to believe that he is also using other people pictures.
He seems to be very active on ALL dating sites.
If you google bryanbrook11, his picture will come up on some of the sites.

Attachments:
File comment: bbron2kn1
388063.jpg
388063.jpg [ 4.65 KiB | Viewed 41546 times ]
File comment: moore2kn1
251542.jpg
251542.jpg [ 3.51 KiB | Viewed 41545 times ]
File comment: bryan2kn2
365358.jpg
365358.jpg [ 4.16 KiB | Viewed 41546 times ]

Post subject: Re: scamer on dating site
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:16 pm 

Hi,
There are more pictures of the same scamer.

Attachments:
File comment: ronbro2kn1
371153.jpg
371153.jpg [ 4.79 KiB | Viewed 41539 times ]
000k053LPg2.jpg
000k053LPg2.jpg [ 96.14 KiB | Viewed 41545 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:41 am 

hello
i think i have been scammed olso,
he is olso on differend datingsites..on facebook...
the story from the man who is from ireland ,have one daughter, parends are past,works in madrid ,gose to china to geht stuf,be robed then alone on a hotelroom,ask me to help him,show his bankaccount ..i geht one mail from him,it was a ip adres from valentia from spain.
at this point i tald him i dont send u mony and u can solf your problems yourself, he jused the number 34672867110,never caled be himself..
his name he jused is daniel gibbson,danielgibbson50@hotmail.com,danielgibbson@yahoo.com.
who know this person??
who can tel me more about this person?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:54 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

It is a scam, and the person behind the scam probably does not even look like the person in the pictures sent to you.

Block their email address and move on is the best thing you can do . . . and warn others about these scammers!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 am 

I am so sorry to hear about you being scammed...!! But guess what??.. he is still at it...!! Using the same lies and story.. I just saw an ad on a dating site and thought it was a little bit off... How right was I..??? I googled his name (great tool) and came across this website and saw all your posts... I can't believe the bare faced cheek of this guy...!! And he is on just about every dating website from America to Asia.... Unbelievable!!! Somebody is going to get hurt if he is not stopped... Shameless, heartless crook!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 pm 

Well, it sounds like I am fixing to be scammed. I have 2 men from match.com writing me and professing there deep love after a few conversations. They both are in international building, have no parents or other family and one child. I made the mistake of giving out my number to one of them..to trusting. I mysteriously got a hang up VM on my phone from a Nigerian area code... sounds like I need to be careful and quit talking to them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:10 am 

Yes, walk away...
D.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 am 

I am bumping this email.

I have met two (though admittedly could be the same scammer) on match.com. The first was "gretchenmirrors" who claimed to be from Miami; mother was Cuban, father was American Indian. One of the first bells that went off was when she told me she did not speak Spanish. From Miami, of Cuban descent and does NOT speak Spanish. Does not add up. After only two days of emailing, she asked for money to "come home" to be with me. She had "gone to Miami for a contract" but her client would not pay her. Anyway, she got a little upset when I told her point blank that I would not send her money.

The next was "william_debbie" there were numbers after that but I cannot recall them. She is supposedly in NY because her father is ill. Anyway, this one would send me quotes from movies and claimed she wrote them, she could never remember my name (sort of...) she always called me by my first name when I go by my middle name.

Women are not the only ones being scammed. As far as I know the two that I ran across are actually men sitting somewhere using the same trite letters and words that have been passed around for years. You would think they would at least change it up a bit, right? Especially since all you have to do is google what they write. And when their grammar is obviously coming from someone whose first language is not English sends you a very clear concise and well written letter, it just does not add up.