ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What can you tell me about Qchex..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:40 pm 

I got the Qchex from a xxxxxx before I found this site. It didn't look right. I contacted my bank, and told them about it. They didn't think it was real either. They had me sign it, and send it in to see if it would clear.. They also put a 15 day hold on the money. After I left the bank I had a copy of the check that the bank made for me. I contacted the bank where the money was drawn from. They said the check was real, but wouldn't tell me any more about it. I then contacted the name that was on the check to find out if he had issued me a check for $11,000. He hadn't. After a couple of weeks the check did not clear the bank. The guy that had has name on the check said that that was his address listed on the check, but that was not his account, nor was it his bank. Now I havn't heard anything else from anyone on this matter.. Could I still be responceable for any of this?? The guy whose name was on the check told me he was going to look in to see who was the owner of the bank account to warn him of the theft.. Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:48 pm 
Go to http://www.qchex.com they are a check printing company with no security attached, as long as I have your account number and routing number I can write your checks. A nice vehicle for all the scammers, I have filed complaints with the FDIC (they have no jurisdiction) the FTC and given info to the Secret Service and the FBI, yet Qchex remains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:51 pm 

But shouldn't the name on the check go with the name of whoever owns the account??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:56 pm 
Al wrote:
But shouldn't the name on the check go with the name of whoever owns the account??

It usually does, but you are still writing someone else's checks

Post subject: Qchex
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:49 pm 

I got 2 of these checks for the amounts of $2,000.00 and one for $7,500.00. I still have no response from Qchex. they said they did not issue the check and the check says "Pay this sum when presented" my bank would not cash it and I am glad that they did not, either wise I would have been responsibe for $7,500.00 pay back to the bank.