ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: just recently scammed for 4200 of postal money orders please
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:54 pm 

:( i started talking to this guy online for a little while couple of months. im a single mommy of 3 and i get no help to raise them. no state help till just now im gettin childcare. anywys he starts telling me that he is a computer programmer has lotsa moneys and wants to come take care of me and my children and make us happy . i was very niave.. all i wanted to do was start a family get to know one another . and he told me he wanted to send me money . i thought was gonna be for his flight to comre to see us.he said cash it from this postal money order and send me back it western union to my tickiting agent..he sent me 10 money orders i cashed 5 then found out something was wrong i had a bad feeling i thought money orders had to have money to even get them to send them..... im so scared if they get i cashed them thru my account
so as to help thus person if i go to jail i have no family here i have 2 girls 9,7 and a boy fixin to be 4 ... im so scared he insisted that he did not know they were bad
and is gonna send me a personal bank check hehe we will see haha he says bebe im so sorry i do not want u to go to jail ill send u money to cover all the bad that i caused u. if he does not send this what should i do????????????im so scared!!!!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:01 pm 

flashisme2000- I am going to be straight up here. He did know those money orders were bad and he is not going to send money. With that being said, you weren't very clear on sending back any money? Did you wire any money back to this scammer? If you did not and you simply put them in your account, go talk to the bank and tell them you think they are counterfeit. If you sent the money back unfortunately the bank will hold you responsible for payback. You may be able to work out a payment plan with them, I would go talk to them ASAP and explain the situation. And remember many people get scammed by these creeps, that is why this board exists, you are not the first one to fall for this. These scammers are very sly and would sell their mothers for a nickel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:27 pm 

Sunray is right, these creeps will keep sending you counterfeit money orders, checks etc until you finally cut them off but by that time your bank could also get real nasty and call the cops. Quit while your ahead with these guys and refuse to answer them starting right now. Do all you can to get straightened out with the bank and move on, just never ever get snared by this type of sub human waste again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:20 pm 
Very sad situation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:52 pm 

Yes it is, and unfortunately increasing at alarming rates. Those who do this are sickos, have no conscience, heck some are so sick that after a while they actually believe the garbage they dish out to victims themselves.