There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: African western union bidpay scam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:52 pm 
Hey guys,

I just had someone attempt to get me to ship them a laptop with bidpay money order email confirmation. I checked on bidpay and there were no outstanding orders in my account.

I replied to the scam artist attaching a link to our discussion thread here and told them I reported them to the police.

The lady went by the name Susan Ken and wanted me to ship the item to this address:

Name : MR MARTINS ABU
Address : WESTER UNION OFFICE,17 GBADEBO ST MOKOLA
City : IBADAN
State : OYO STATE
Tel : 234-803-2057266
Zip : 23402

Please note that the western union email looked somewhat realistic. They tried to contact me outside of ebay and acted very impatient to have me ship the item quickly and close the auction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:19 pm 

For those who use EBAY NEVER EVER sell outside of an auction box. Ebay will not back you neither will paypal or any other payment service. Also beware that if you deal with foreinger s and send money via these services overseas you have NO come back if you are ripped off.

One of the most powerful tools scammers on these sites have is for someone to agree to sell outside of a posted auction. They know that ebay and paypal will not back the seller and that they will never get busted.

They use drop box locations to receive the goods, they use fake names and operate in countries that they know the US has no authority to go in and make an arrest in.

Post subject: These people will pay!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:57 pm 

:twisted: I have just been invited exclusivly into your club. Lucally for me, I realized it all looked funny and told him I'm not sending him anything until I have the money order cashed and american (little a) dollars in my hand. He then stopped writing to me and I came across your message board here. But these scum-buckets are going to pay. :evil: They pissed me off and now that I see they've done it before I will end up on top. I have their name and address from a shipping lable they sent me and will get my revenge... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:49 pm 

Before you dish out revenge be sure that the information is correct, these people use fake names, or they use names of real people and fake addresses. DO NOT and I repeat this go off half cocked on these people as you may be inadvertantly targeting innocent people.

Think about it, why would some nigerian be using the name of Joe Smith when the names in their country are way so wierded out and difficult to pronounce, much less spell.

ALSO by seeking revenge places you in increased danger.

Just feel lucky that you didnt get scammed, that you found out in time before depositing anything. Many people do not find out til it is too late.

These people have no conscience, they care not who they hurt, do you really think one guy on a revenge kick is going to phase them? They have already forgotten about you or are about to very soon. When they do not get anything from one person they move on very quickly.

Post subject: Bidpay Scam
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:54 am 

I recently had someone try to scam me out of a computer I advertized on Craig's List. The fool (calling himself "Femi Matins") actually had the nerve to cut and paste the address information I e-mailed him into the fake Bidpay e-mail he created! Here is what the e-mail looked like (with stars to protect my privacy)...

=======================================================================================
*AUCTION PAYMENT APPROVED*
=======================================================================================

BidPay® Order Number: 85697564
Dear William Tay Moss.
Congratulations! The order placed by Dave Williams for the payment of computer has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED.The financial details of the transaction are stated below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
--------------------------------
AUCTION AMOUNT : $600
NUMBER OF ITEM : items
ITEM : computer
AUCTION SITE : *********
SHIPPING FEES : Excluded

-------------------------------------------------
TOTAL : $600.00
-------------------------------------------------

***PLEASE NOTE***
The Money OrderSM will be delivered to the address below, Please verify
that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:-

NAME....William *******
ADDRESS.... 2-273***** Street
CITY.....Toronto
STATE.....Ontario (ON)
COUNTRY.....Canada
ZIPCODE.... M** ***
PHONE... 416-***-****

or address, Please click on the link
below and correct it:
https://www.bidpay.com/SellerRegistrationStep1.asp

SHIPPING INFORMATION:

Name : Femi Matins
Address : 8,Aluko street,papa-Apete
City : Ibadan
state : Oyo
Zip code : 23402
Phone : 2348057334735

You can register if you are new to Bidpay® or you can update your
profile if you are already a registered user.
===================================================================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED,you can now ship the merchandise to the
buyer's shipping address above.You are expected to make the shipment
with 48 hours of recieving this Payment Approval Notification and get to
our Costumer/Technical Dept with the tracking number for payment
Verification.

If the buyer has requested that the item be sent to any address other
than the one provided above, please ship the item OUT and notify us
http://www.auctionpayments.com/contactus.asp.Besure to include the
Western Union Auction Payments order number and the change of address
the buyer has requested. Also include change of address has the subject
of your email
***PLEASE NOTE***
The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched until shipment has been
verified.This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and
buyer
interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
*SHIPMENT VERIFICATION*
You can have the shipment confirmed/verified in any of the following
ways:
1.Contact BidPay stating the BidPay® Order Number and the TRACKING
NUMBER of the shipment at: "bidpayconsult@financier.com"
***PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that Bidpay processes thousands of orders daily, Bidpay
RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been
assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy
verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch the Money
OrderSM.Send tracking details to : " bidpayconsult@financier.com"
2.You can give the buyer of your auction item the TRACKING NUMBER of
the shipment and once he/she verifies the shipment, he/she will notify
us immediately.
Please do not let your buyer gain access to this Payment Approval
Notication.

Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a "SHIPMENT
CONFIRMATION" mail from BidPay® informing you that the Money OrderSM
has been dispatched.
**PLEASE NOTE**
You will need the following to receive your Money OrderSM from the
delivery agent.
1).A form of identification (E.g. Passport, driving License,Social
security number e.t.c)
2).You will need to Produce the "8 DIGIT BidPay® PIN" which is send to
you in this confirmation email.
*CUSTOMER SUPPORT*
If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact the Customer
Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order
at:" bidpayconsult@financier.com " or you can simply visit the
Bidpay®website and read through the FAQs.
FAQs:https://www.bidpay.com/FAQindex.asp
Thank you for using Western Union® Auction Payments.We look forward to
serving your online auction payment needs better in the future.

Bidpay Team,
Western Union Auction Payments
http://www.bidpay.com

========================================================================
*** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY***
=======================================================================

I wish I had time to scambait this guy properly.
-t

Post subject: BidPay Scam
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:24 pm 

Dear Harry,

Thank you so much for posting this warning on the Web. Yours was the first solid evidence I had as to the fact that this Scam was being used on me.

I wish to pass this favor along. Below is my email to BidPay informing them of the problem. (Containing more detials on the scam, and possibly a more recent version.)

Regards,
Karla

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 2:07 PM
To: 'spoofemail@bidpay.com'
Cc: 'bidpayservice@bidpay.com'
Subject: Sony PSP Bidpay Scam

Dear Bidpay,

Here is a complete email trail regarding the Bidpay Scam that nearly worked on me. I followed your instructions and included email headers where appropriate.

There were in fact two different people from Nigeria trying this same scam on me, but Afolabi person was the first in line, so I was willing to do business with him. The name of the second (potential) scammer was Laurens. Fortunately, I called Western Union and finally figured out that the Bidpay email for Afolabi was no good. I never did send the product, but I nearly did.

My biggest problem was there was no phone number to call on your website to verify that the money order was real. I wasted a lot of time searching your website for some clue on how to verify the email that was sent to me. I had a hard time believing that at guy from Nigeria could craft two very believable email confirmations (in perfect English) and a webpage that looked just like your website confirming the order #.

I visited your webpage separately, but your email response from "spoofemail@bidpay.com" took 24 hours, which would have been too late. My confirmation of the problem occurred when I did an Internet search on "Bidpay Scam." Fortunately, some other responsible person was willing to share a warning at: http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=872&

You could do several simple things to stop this scam right now. You could post a warning on your website in the form of a press release (which would generate goodwill for you). And/or you could provide a phone number for people to verify the wire transfers. Instead, you are taking a very passive approach which is likely to severely damage your brand.

The day after the scam attempt occurred I went to a party and told all my friends about the "Bidpay Scam". You could use a damage control PR expert to advise you on how to handle this.

Regards,
-Karla

=================MESSAGE #1=================================================================

Return-Path: <Accounts@BidPay.com>
To:
Sender: Accounts@BidPay.com
Cc:
Subject: ORDER PENDING (33457322) - **DO NOT REPLY**
X-Mailer: Quality Web Email v3.1o, http://netwinsite.com/refw.htm
X-Originating-IP: 212.199.137.181
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:28:00 GMT
Message-id: <42faa9a0.176.21c.6984@another.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Server: High Performance Mail Server - http://surgemail.com r=1357335204
X-Authenticated-User: peace4u@another.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 11 Aug 2005 01:34:45.0406 (UTC) FILETIME=[DA9B1BE0:01C59E14]

Dear: Karla

BidPay® has received your email address from Afolabi Micheal to inform you of the order to have a USD$300.00 Western Union® Money OrderSM sent to you for:

Auction Item:Sony PSP Value Pack
Auction Site: Craigslist

Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is correct.

Name: Karla
Address: XXXXX
XXXX
State: XXX
Zip Code: XXXX

If there is a mistake in your address, please send a mail to safepoints@sellzone.com .When registering,you must use this email address as your primary email address and you will be asked to create a password. You will receive a registration confirmation email that requires additional action to activate your account.

As a registered seller,all payments will be sent to the mailing address in your registration,avoiding delays with this order and with future payments.You will be able to view order status and history and update order information.You will also have access to payment banners for your auction listings to let your buyers know you accept payments through BidPay.

This order is PENDING approval.Most orders are approved within 24 hours of being placed; however, there may be exceptions.Some items may be considered high risk because of the item cost or description.These types of orders are subject to additional verification and may take longer to approve. You will receive an Order Approved email from us when this order is approved.You SHOULD NOT send this item to the buyer until you receive the confirmation email informing you that the order has been approved.

If your address information is correct and you do not wish to register,this will in no way affect the delivery of your payment once the order is approved.

Thank you for using BidPay. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

BidPay

----------------------------DO--NOT--REPLY-------------------------------------

=================MESSAGE #2================================================================

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Received: from mail.finali.net ([66.179.180.204]) by with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713);
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:40:55 -0700
Received: (qmail 10848 invoked by uid 511); 12 Aug 2005 16:50:05 -0000
Received: from bidpayservice@bidpay.com by mail.finali.net by uid 100 with qmail-scanner-1.20rc3
(clamscan: devel-20040204. Clear:RC:1:.
Processed in 0.030403 secs); 12 Aug 2005 16:50:05 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO 172.16.14.16) (172.16.14.16)
by mail.inflow.finali.com with SMTP; 12 Aug 2005 16:50:04 -0000
To: karla
Subject: =?US-ASCII?Q?Re:_ORDER_APPROVED_(33457322)_-_**DO_NOT_REPLY**?=
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:37:42 GMT
X-Mailer: eAssist NetAgent v.6.50.082
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Qmail-Scanner-Message-ID: <112386540564410844@mail.finali.net>
Return-Path: bidpayservice@bidpay.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 12 Aug 2005 16:40:55.0984 (UTC) FILETIME=[9C68AB00:01C59F5C]

Dear: Karla <LAST>,

A USD$300.00 money order for payment of Craigslist Online Auction item:Sony PSP Value Pack has been approved and sent to you,Afolabi Micheal has chosen to use BidPay® Auction Payments for the speed of an online payment service from a name you can trust.

You can now send the item to the buyer while your money order is on it's way to you,the buyer's shipping information is provided below.

Your money order will be sent by the close of the next business day after you receive this email.First Class mail is typically delivered Within 7-10 business days.

Shipping information:
Mr. Afolabi Micheal
No 12,Lateef Shittu St.
Joyce B Rd.
Ibadan,Oyo State,
Nigeria 23402.

e-mail: afohenry12@nyc.com

If the buyer has requested that the item be sent to any address other than the one provided above,please do not ship the item and notify us immediately.

Please send a mail to safepoints@sellzone.com .
Be sure to include the Western Union Auction Payments order number and the change of address the buyer has requested. Also,include "change of address"as the subject of your email.

Note that the money oredr will not get to your address until the valid tracking number has been sent to the buyer for shipment verification.Click on the below link to track your money order.https://netsage.finali.com/netsage?cust ... country=US

Thank you for using BidPay® Auction Payments.We look forward to serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,
BidPay®

-----------------DO--NOT--REPLY---------------------------------------------------------------

=================MESSAGE #3================================================================

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Received: from mailweb2.nyc.com ([66.111.12.69]) by xxxxx with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713);
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:16:49 -0700
Received: from mailweb2.nyc.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mailweb2.nyc.com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id j7B2BtL7025647
for <karla@xxxx.com>; Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
(envelope-from afohenry12@nyc.com)
Received: (from vpopmail@localhost)
by mailweb2.nyc.com (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit) id j7B2BtIN025646;
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
(envelope-from afohenry12@nyc.com)
X-Authentication-Warning: mailweb2.nyc.com: vpopmail set sender to afohenry12@nyc.com using -f
Received: from 10.90.90.1
(NYC.com Mail authenticated user afohenry12@nyc.com)
by mailweb.nyc.com with HTTP;
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
Message-ID: <4512.10.90.90.1.1123726315.squirrel@mailweb.nyc.com>

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: I'VE MADE THE PAYMENT.
To: "Karla" <karla@xxx.xxx>
User-Agent: NYC.com Mail/1.4.2
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:09 pm 

Hi guys, Im victim of this problem. I have sent a compurer today, and I'm trying to contact the USPS to stop the delivery. anyone know what can I do to stop the delivery?

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
==============================================================================
==============================================================================
*AUCTION PAYMENT VERIFICATION*
==========================================================================================

*AUCTION PAYMENT NOTIFICATION*
Western Union BidPay® Order Number: 26159320

Dear Carlos E. Gimon,

Regarding the verification of the payment made by Mrs Rose.

(i) You are entitled for the of Sum $1700.00 USD from

Western Union BidPay.

(ii) Your payment has been approved.

(iii) Your Money order will be sent out immediately upon

receipt of the Shipment tracking number confirmed and a scanned copy of shipment receipt.

(iv) Western Union BidPay is aware of a record of this
transaction with order# 26159320. Also we are sorry
for any inconveniences this might have caused you; please
any further email received from the other buyer should be

forwarded for further investigations, Western Union BidPay are

currently under database updates.

(v) The buyer has made it known to us that he want this

item shipped via Regular air mail { post office} Delivery please adhere to this to aviod upcoming misunderstandings.

This is the buyer shipping information:

Name : REV. MUYIWA .R.
Address : 17 GBADEBO ST, MOKOLA
City : IBADAN.
State : OYO STATE
Zip : 20001

This might take about 24 hours for any of our customers to

have access to there account centrals please bear with us.

Thank you for using Western Union BidPay. We look

forward to serving your online auction payments needs in the

future.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY

Sincerely,
Western Union Online Payment

Mrs. Grand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend,
Thanks so much for your prompt attention. I have since
not been able to gain access to the net. Reason why I
did not get to you earlier than now.

The resulting ammount is not the issue at hand, what
is paramount at this moment is the item's condition
and
time with which the package will be delivered since
the exams are due end of the week and there is an
holiday in between say mid next week,wednesday to be
precise.
I would appreciate the package been shipped out at the
earliest convenient so it gets here after the mid week
holiday, say by thursday.

I do not mean to be pressing but I am trusting you on
this as I hope the item is of the specifications
stated and not other wise and it will be sent early,
as I am completing the payment at the earliest
convenient for the sum $1700.00 and it includes the
shipping cost through AIR PARCEL REGISTERED POSTING.
NORMAL POSTAL SERVICE (DO NOT USE USPS), as they are
conversant with this province .

I added the additional $100.00 for the item to be
shipped out without delay at the ealiest possible.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,

Mrs Rose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:29 am 

Hi all.

This is the email they try to scam me with. Luckily, I haven't sent anything ....

Home | Contact Us | FAQ
Our ServicesAccount CentralSign Out

Use Western Union Online Services

Dear : XXX

Western Union . Auction Payments hereby congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the .Money OrderSM sent to you from "Gabriel"has been Approved..Money OrderSM:$1125.00 USD

Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is correct again.

Name: XXX,
City: XXX

If there is a mistake in your address, please Contact the Buyer To correct the above error.
This order has been approved and will be send as a Money Order to your address in 5-7 days.YOU CAN NOW send the items to the buyer.While your Money order is on the way to you, Moreover the above .Pin Number will be ask before delivering the .Money OrderSM, you will also identify your self By asking you the Auction item Number.

NOTE THAT THE MONEY ORDER WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS SENT TO OUR CUSTOMER SERVICES FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION.PLEASE EMAIL THE SHIPPMENT TRACKING NUMBER TO OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT: westernapprovali420@usa.com

)

Thank you for using Western Union . Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,,
Western Union Auction Payments.
< SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">

Home | Contact Us | FAQ
Our ServicesAccount CentralSign Out

Home | FAQ | Our Services | Contact Us
Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Site Map

)1999-2005. Western Union Holdings Inc., All Rights Reserved

Last edited by markbrin on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:31 am 

I have noted that ALL hyperlinks tie to http://www.auctionpayments.com, except for the Contact Us, which ties with http://netsage.finali.com ... the site must be a scam ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:44 pm 

Contact the postal inspectors office with tracking information for the international shipment, ask them to have customs stop the shipment, you can even call US customs office and ask them to do the same.

Post subject: More Bidpay/Westernunion/Nigeria scams!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:00 pm 

:evil:
I want to notify everybody that people still try to use the scam with fake Westernunion/Bidpay confirmations. Dont't send anything unless you got the moneyorder in your hand.
Here are a copy of the fake aproval it starts with the header!!

eturn-Path: <Bidpay@westernunion.com>
Received: from pmdeliver.vip.spray.net (pmfilter03.st1.spray.net [212.78.207.173])
by pmdeliver01.st1.spray.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 89DF623D27
for <jonas.adolfsson@itakuten.org>; Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:51:40 +0000 (GMT)
Received: from pmin01.st1.spray.net (pmbuy02.st1.spray.net [212.78.207.199])
by pmin01.st1.spray.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3314EBB71
Received: from mail01.anytimenow.com (mail01.anytimenow.com [81.19.56.134])
by pmin01.st1.spray.net (Postfix) with ESMTP
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mail01.anytimenow.com (Postfix) with ESMTP
id 9D990448163; Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:58:23 +0100 (BST)
Received: from mail01.anytimenow.com ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (mail01.anytimenow.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 29335-05; Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:58:21 +0100 (BST)
Received: from anytimenow.com (unknown [81.19.56.130])
by mail01.anytimenow.com (Postfix) with ESMTP
id 6CED4448150; Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:58:21 +0100 (BST)
Received: from baldrick [127.0.0.1] by anytimenow.com
(SMTPD32-8.03) id AF2EE4C4009C; Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:58:22 +0100
To: <jonas.adolfsson@itakuten.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?B?V2VzdGVybiBVbmlvbiBCaWRwYXmu?= <Bidpay@westernunion.com>
Subject: WESTERN UNION BIDPAY ORDER APPROVAL::(92736437463)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:58:22 +0000
Cc: <jackterry2k3@yahoo.com>
Message-Id: <4313AF2E.000AF1.05140@baldrick.anytimenow.com>
X-Mailer: http://www.anytimenow.com
Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed;
boundary="------------Boundary-00=_A1G086RWKH5YA2ED7TH0"
X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new at anytimenow.com
X-Lycos-AS: 52.00
X-Lycos-AV: OK
X-Lycos-IS: NO

Dear Jonas Adolfsson,
Western Union Auction Payments hereby congratulate you and at the same time informs you once again that the Money OrderSM sent to you from Jack Terry has been Approved. MoneyOrderSM :400.00 Euro. Western Union.

Classified Item/s :Compaq Armada m300

Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is correct .

Name : Jonas Adolfsson

Address : ********

Order Details
********************************************************************************************************
Your order number : 92736437463

Classified Item Amount Plus Shipping:400.00 Euro
Total Amount : 400.00 Euro *********************************************************************************************************

This order has been approved, we will send the above address payment in 2-3 business day of our receiving your proof of shipment.You can now send the items to the buyer now. And if you have any question, feel free to contact our customer service (accts_bidpay@accountant.com) .

Immediately you mail the tracking number/receipt of postage used to our customer care centre, you will receive a notification letter which will inform of the date your money order (Sweden Customers) is going to arrive.

***Note that payment can be sent to the seller only if the item purchased has been sent to the buyer.***

Thank you for using Western Union Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

It's the same pattern as previosly described, thank you for the warning!!!!

Jonas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:01 am 

I believe this is the same thing I am dealing with... I have a website that sells my artwork. This guy wrote to me and told me he liked one of my pieces, made an offer and then brought in the whole scam thing. I cannot believe I emailed back and forth with him so many times before he did his scam.

Does this appear to be the scam too? He calls me MARIA in the scam email, yet he clearly knows my name is Doug.

YOU HAVE TO READ IT FROM BOTTOM TO TOP FOR IT TO MAKE SENSE.

Hi doug
well there a was day i was resting after a days job and was looking throught beautiful artworks on the internet and throught my browse throught i was able to come accross your work and had to contact you and about ordering,so i wish i could just get the work soon.
well i have called my business friend that is owing me money lage amount of money and he has aggreed to send you a money order to cash for my order cause he said as long as i trust you he will send it to you,so i am still waiting to hear from you with the final quote then i will make arrangement for the money order.
and Doug while i waite,there is a little help i want you to render me with,my little twins which are the youngest out my children have been bothering me about something that i promised to get them for their birthday which was 2 weeks ago but wasn't able to get it for them hear cause it is not availbale hear,and they will be traveling back to their mothers place very soon cause they stay with their mom in South Africa and they are spending their holidays with me.So i want to make it up to them cause i feel bad for promising them something i couldn't get so please Maria i just need you to assist me check around and get me 2 Playstation portable(PSP) video game with some games on it for them and send it throught UPS courier service cause only with that shipment will make it before they leave.
Maria i know this might be hard for you and you might not even know anything about this but please i just need you do this for me and for the kids by just checking a game store next to you and buy them today and send it and when you have the my money that i arrange to you,you can remove from the remaining to replace your money back and you can also take an extra $100 for the stress this might cause you,so Doug please just help me out on this.
Sincerly
Elijah Moore

NOTE:the kids said they would love soccer games and nba games so you can check that for them.

Elijah,

One thing I was curious about was how you came across my artwork.

----- Original Message -----
To: Doug Fritts
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:28 AM
Subject: Re: ART ORDER...URGENT REPLY

ok then

I was not able to make it to the place to get the EXACT price of shipping today. But its ALL set for tomorrow and will write to you as SOON as I know Elijah.

-Doug.

Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:22 AM

Ok Doug
i will awaite your response then

Elijah,

I will get it packaged up and take it down to the post office to find out your shipping price. I should have it by Tuesday. My apologies for the long response time.

-Doug.
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 11:32 AM

Ok Doug
i will offer you $450 for the artwork,so let me know what your opinon is.
Sincerly
Elijah Moore

Elijah,
So the only one you are interested in is the larger giraffe piece?

I dont see any problem with a money order.

How about you make me an offer for the piece and we will go from there. Also, if there are any more you are interested in let me know.

-Doug.
To: admin@onthefritts.com
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 8:33 AM
Subject: ART ORDER...URGENT REPLY

Hi
i am very gartefull for the reply to my order well and i am sorry for
the late reply,i have attached the exact work that i will like to order
and the address the order will be sent to is pasted below:

DELIVERY ADDRESS
#42 OKESANYA ST PAPA-AJAO
MUSHIN
LAGOS STATE
NIGERIA

so i will need a final quote from you in regards to the work that i
have choosing plus shipping via private courier.
Finally in regards to payment,i woun't be able to make payment
throught paypal cause they do not deal with my side and again i do not use
paypal myself cause i do not like their service at all but the way i can
make payment for my order is that i can arrange you a cashier cheque or
money order for you to cash for my order then you can ship the work
then,so if you accept that let me know and then i will need your full name
and address where the money order will be sent to
Sincerly
Elijah Moore

Hi
i was looking at your artwork and i was impressed and was intrested in seeing more of your work and to know whether i will be able to order some of them from you and you can just ship it to me in West Africa for my collections,so please i will needto hear from you in regards to this and to know your mode of payment cause i was thinking i send you my credit card number that i issued in United States to charge for my order to make our business faster,but i will awaite to hear from you with your opinion.
Sincerly
Elijah Moore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:18 pm 

adam, i received the same type of email earlier today:

Hi
i was looking at your artwork and i was impressed and was intrested in seeing more of your work and to know whether i will be able to order some of them from you and you can just ship it to me in West Africa for my collections,so please i will need to hear from you in regards to payment,i will only be able to make payment with my credit card number that i issued in the states and not throught paypal due to some reasons,so i will only be able to continue with this order if you have a merchant account that you can use to charge my credit card manually or have someone who can make the charges for you then i will email you my credit card number # and the expire date to charge for my order,So if you can process my order this get back to me with the informations i requested for.
Sincerly
Elijah Moore

=========

do we know this is a scam, or is this an entrepreneur in west africa who just doesn't have a good command of english? i'm betting the former, but i honestly don't know for sure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:23 pm 

now i know... just found another website where my "email" was repeated verbatim, just to a different photographer :)

beware, kids...

Post subject: ATTENTION ARTISTS: Elijah Moore Alert!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:20 pm 

I am an artist with a website that sells my murals, pencil portraits, and faux finishes. I was contacted at my email address from Elijah Moore at the Elijah Moore Store in West Africa (even with the recent out pouring of computer scams from Africa, I still gave him the benefit of the doubt). He said he was interested in a pencil reproduction of a photograph of Will Smith (Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, MIB, rapper, etc.) and that he couldn't pay through Paypal, but would entrust me with his credit card number. Entrust me? Is he kidding????? I looked under this website and found that someone else had been almost scammed by him, too. Thanks to him (Adamnsmith, posted Sept. 15, 2005) I didn't get scammed. But ARTISTS BEWARE: Elijah Moore is a fake. Don't waste your time corresponding with him. If I may get a shameless plug in there, my website is http://www.scribblesanddribbles.com and my email is murals@scribblesanddribbles.com. Now, don't do any on-line business with anyone unless you check a lot of anti-scamming sites like this one (I checked several places before I found this under Google). The email I received was exactly the same as Doug's (adamnsmith), even with identical spelling errors!