ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I've been scammed....help please.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 pm 

Hey everyone....I got an email giving me the standard crap about being a mystery shopper....I decided to check it out and I even did an assignment....now I'm out over $900 because of this foolishness....I'm gonna post below the first email I got. Please PLEASE PLEASE research before you agree to anything! Idk what to do about this....I'm in college and I don't really have a job so this is one of the worst things ever....I emailed my bank(Wells Fargo) to see if they could reverse the overdraft but idk....I'll keep everyone up dated. :oops:

You have been accepted as one of our Mystery Shopper/Survey Agent.

You will be evaluating any nearest Stores offering Money Gram Services in your neighborhood. The store must be around your neighborhood.
Kindly look for a Money Gram store in your neighborhood offering sending and receiving of money which you will be evaluating. Make sure you
select the closest store in your area. Confirm to us if you have gotten the store you have chosen to evaluate while you reply to this email for
us to be sure. Please note that you are to act cool, calm and confident and not reveal any clue concerning the survey through out the period
which you will be carrying out your survey at the store, in order not to arouse any suspicion. You will be shopping at the store and also make
a transaction at the Money Gram service.

You will write a report about their customer services been given out at the store (effectiveness, inefficiency etc) and you will send your
report back to us via Email.

You will have to use the following pointers to prepare your report :

1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
3) Smartness of the attendant
4) Customer service professionalism
5) Reaction of personnel under pressure
6) Information that you think would be helpful
7) Your comments and impressions.
8) Always note down the time while you are taking your survey
9) Address and name of store

Payments will be mailed out to you as soon as you confirm to have or know a western union store to evaluate. A package will be sent out to you
through USPS which will contain a Money order payment for your compensation and transportation fee and the payment you will use to carry out
your survey at the store.

All other instructions will be sent out to you as soon as evaluation commences.

Kindly provide your direct phone number #.

Yours sincerely.
Contact Person: JASON WALKER
Head of Recruitment
Time: 24 Hours daily by e-mail
Processing Job-Unit.
Secret Shopper®
+971-528-958257

Jason Walker

If you see this email, beware! They might change the name, but it's still the same bullshit! :evil:

Post subject: Re: I've been scammed....help please..o...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:55 pm 

These folks are still at it. I received a letter from them today postmarked in Canada, signed John J. Mahoney. Their return address 125 Tuckahoe Rd., Yonkers, NY 10710. Phone number (647) 861-3900. Account mgr. name Mike Davis. Check enclosed for $2,960.00 from Ventura Foods, LLC of Brea, CA. All the same details in the letter as others have noted here. My first clue that is was fishy was the bad grammar used in the letter. It makes me crazy that crooks are out there ripping people off. Thank you for your service Scan Victims United!