It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:43 am 
GOD BLESS SCAMBAITER'S The little man's way to fight back . :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:34 am 

Deanna,
There is no need to be harsh toward the baiters. It is the baiters that help others from becoming victims by wasting their time, and sometimes even hacking into their computers to HELP WARN VICTIMS! And in fact MANY baiters are cops, detectives, lawyers, etc. The plain facts are the UNITED STATES has no jurisdiction in Nigeria. Therefore, we can not BUST these scammers and the baiters are the closest thing we've got to the POLICE!
We all have a right to our own opinion and this is a board for helping VICTIMS. But in my opinion the baiters are helping victims and they are helping people from becoming victims in the future. Lord knows no one else is doing this!
With that said, we are all entitled to our opinions, and you seem to have a strong one against baiting. But I encourage you to think about what I have said and look at some baiting sites. Most sites are agianst getting money from these people - they are just looking to humiliate them, and I believe they deserve it! Think about how many people have went bankrupt, lost life savings, committed suicide, been murdered, etc. over these scams! Scamming brings so much money into Nigeria and their government is behind it, now wouldn't you call that illegal? It is people like Rebel and other baiters that help victims! I say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BAITERS AND BAIT ON!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:40 am 

To all those that do not believe in scambaiting read this

http://www.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

Then give one good reason why!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:14 pm 

DeAnn first of all YES I was hasty with the check, I needed to secure this guys order with the supplier on items that there were few of at a good price, that took a huge deposit to hold the order for my customer, that unfortunately is the world of wholesale. Since that point I hate even taking a check from an employer, I am suspicious of EVERYONE now when it comes to checks. We all learn lessons sometimes the hard way.

I never called you an idiot or told you that you were stupid !!!!!!!!!. If the post office told you that the money orders were legit then they need to be legally dealt with. I hope you have a name of an employee who told you this, that would help you quite a bit.

I simply stated that somehow you need to reverse the role at times and think like the cops do. To do this can help you to understand what they may have perceived things as. Especially if they are not aware of how these scams are perpetrated and how these crooks find intended victims.

Never did I say anything that was meant to be an attack or a cut down to you, simply I was trying to get you to look at the whole picture not just your side of things and hoping that by doing that you would see how others are perceiving this. Police do not think in terms of these guys getting an emotional hold on you or playing psychological games to keep you attached to the scam, they see you as the crook and look no further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:28 pm 

i have no issues with baiters..i thought it was hilarious what they were doing to them, however i was concerned someone was going to find trouble in the midst of doing it..go back and reread...when i first mentioned what i was observing about them i made it clear that i would be more cautious about doing it and it was only MY opinion from MY experience..nothing more or nothing less..if one goes and tracks the post they will see how i was dismissed for stating it. This is why it is still being discussed...because i cared enough to say...have you thought about the possible ways this could back fire on you?
Karyn..you state you can't possibly remember all the details of every person here....understandable...so doesn't that mean that if you are going to open your mouth about a person that you do take the time to understand the details about the issue you are raising? if you would have taken the time to go back and read up on the three counterfeit items i received you would have never posted what you did.
With all of that said....lets get back to helping each other and move on. We have all been through hell and sometimes when we email or post on the internet things can easily be confused or misunderstood...i think this whole thing has really been nothing more then some misunderstandings and i will be the first to apologize on my behalf if i have come off the wrong way or said anything that was misunderstood! Karyn i know we got off to a great start and then some misunderstandings happened...i would like to put it all behind us and get back to where we were because both of our hearts are in the right place...and thats all that matters! Big Hugs and Smiles!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:47 pm 

DeAnn I have no problem starting over again, I dont hold a grudge. Sorry if anything I said seemed harsh or misunderstanding my time is very limited and it is easier for me when I get messaged for help if the person reiderates what happened, on an average I have about 30 min a night to devote to the board and then have about an hour worth of emails from victims to answer along with putting final editing touches on a book I have coming out on Identity Theft, all of that following working 11 hours a day 7 days a week.

Post subject: Comment
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:37 am 

Quote:
This is just my opinion from my experience....i have been scammed three times..and the third one got me in alot of trouble when i tried to report it...please read my thread

Well as brief as your comment is it explains alot.