ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh, buddy, you're gonna get it. Craigslist scammer.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:44 pm 

So, I noticed the numbers this scammer gave me came up in a few different posts ("Bank Name: First National Bank Account Number: 4270177568"). I did not send my merch, sold on craigslist, out to this person because I went to the post office by my house and asked if the email was fake. Yes, of course it was. I then contacted the local police for the FedEx label they sent me. This was their "confirmation of payment" email. If these look familiar to you you should contact me and we should get the ball rolling on busting this person. LEGALLY WITH THEIR OWN LOCAL PD!!!

Email "Ester Kal" Sent me:
Thanks for the mail,below is the payment confirmation mail i received so check it out and get back to me.

(UNITED STATES POSTAL MONEY ORDER)
CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT
APPROVED

United States Postal Service hereby inform you of a money order sent from "Esther Kal" to "myrealname"  has been approved for a total payment of   $200.00

Dear myrealname,

Congratulations! United States Postal Service has received your email address from "Esther Kal" to inform you of the order to have a $200.00 United States Postal Service® branded Postal OrderSM sent to you for the following item  ''T-Mobile Samsung t-809" has been processed and APPROVED: The financial details of the transaction are stated below:

Your money order is being approved and will be completed once we have receive shipping tracking for shipment verification and authorized your method of payment
What's Next? When you ship out Merchandise, you will receive a Confirmation email from which you can track the money order, This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***IF WE DON'T RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER, YOUR DELIVERY WILL BE STOPPED***
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Information
Place Order Date:
15/02/2008
Customer Number:
(**********)
Money Order(s):
Money Order Number
Ship Date
15/02/2008
Payment Information
Buyer Contact:
Esther Kal
Buyer (USPS) Account ID:
Account Details
Name: Esther Kal
Bank Name: First National Bank
Account Number: 4270177568

Payment Method:
Pay USPS Online
Total Charges:
$200.00
Seller Information
Seller Contact:
myrealname
Seller Phone Number:
NIL
Seller Address:
myaddress

Shipping Method:
Business Day Delivery
Order Detail

Item Description
Price

Quantity
Total Price
T-Mobile Samsung t-809
$200.00
$200..00
Subtotal:
$200.00
Shipping and Handling:
$0.00
Tax Total:
$200.00
Total:

$200.00

***IF WE DON'T RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER, YOUR MONEY ORDER DELIVERY WILL BE STOPPED***

Delivery Service **USPS Delivery Post-Man**
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shippment tracking details to our online customer care email at : (unitedstatespostalpost@usa.com)   

MONEY ORDER CODE
***Approved***

BUYER SHIPPING OPTIONS:
FEDEX SHIPPING, USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS.

If we do not hear from you as soon as expected the payment will be returned back to the buyer. We will be awaiting  you to ship the Merchandise and Email us the shipment tracking number so that we can send out your payment toyour contact home address for delivery .With this no buyer can stop payment with a false claim that there is no longer any transaction between the two of you after you might have shipped.We are your mediator,we stand between both the buyer and the seller because we have our reputation to protect.

Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE.  THIS IS A VALID EMAIL THAT WILL LEAD YOU TO OUR ONLINE SERVICE ASSISTANT POWERED BY MAIL.COM, OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDER.    

United States Postal Service Payments..

Sincerely,
United States Postal Service.

Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future.

The shipping label I got sent would go to the address of "111 W. Debbie Lane Suite 107 Mansfield, TX 76063" I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED THE MANSFIELD PD and they are interested in any other victims (if you have actually LOST merch to this person that is a CRIME!! if you're like me and just got your time wasted, I would still contact them to let them know the sheer volume of people this person has attempted to scam) the phone number that I was given to call them back at is (817) 473-0211. I have not put the name of the individual from the FedEx label because the police have informed me that this is an actual resident of Mansfield, TX!! This worries me because 1)is this really the guy 2) or someone using his name to scam people??

I plan on following this through, any other with similar cases please contact me through the forum.
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Oh, buddy, you're gonna get it. Craigslist scammer.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:37 pm 

I'm so glad I found this board. I've been trying to sell my computer for the last couple of weeks on craigslist (NY) and there has been a deluge of transparently fake and fradulent emails from scammers. They all invariably start the conversation with whether the item in question is available. If so, they give you the song and dance about how they live in ___ state and that they are interested in buying the item at issue for someone in ___ state. They then tell you that they will pay a generous sum of money for shipping and that all I have to do is drop the package off at a Fed-Ex location. They, of course, assure you that a money order would be sent to me once "USPS receives confirmation of shipment." I was so sick and tired of these worthless a**holes, that I decided to play along and play dumb, just to waste their time. I'm attaching the email trail with someone named "Trassy Milly." I wanted to see how far I can carry this and what information I can extract from him/her. So, I played along by giving him a fake name and address. In the course of the exchange, this person sent a Fed-Ex label bearing the same address in Texas! I was curious about this address, so I googled the address and that's how I found this board.

Should I call the police in Texas?

Hello,
Thanks for your response,I am located in Oklahoma.I am sending it to
a friend of mine here in USA.I am offering you the sum of $1200
including proper packaging fee and will have {USPS} issue out the
Payment.Please let me have your full, contact address and your phone #
so that I can proceed with the payment. The shipment will be at the
expense of my FedEx account.
If you don't know how USPS works please get back to me for
explanation.I will need you to keep me updated.

Thanks .

Me to him:
Why don't you send me the address that the computer is going to and I'll prepare the shipping label.

Him to me:
Thanks for your response.I will proceed with the payment via USPS
money order.Once i make the payment you will receive a confirmation
mail from USPS.This confirmation mail include in the details of the
transaction.....How you will get your money e.t.c
I have a FedEx account i will use to ship the item.I will send
you a shipping label and invoice for the shipment.Please get back to
me once you receive the confirmation mail from USPS so that we can
arrange the shipment...........Thanks

Me to him:
Why don't you just give me the shipping address? I have a fed ex form in my office. After you make the payment, you can just give me your fed ex number which I can write in on the form.

Him to me:
Thanks for the reply,don't worry about that ok....i will send you the
fedex prepaid label which the account is pasted on....you just have to
print it out and paste on the packaging box before dropping it off at
Fedex for shippment....so mail me back once you receive the
confirmation of payment from USPS via email......

Me to him:
I just received confirmation of your payment. Are you sending me the fed ex label now?

Him to me:
Thanks for the reply,yes have contacted Fedex for a shipping label..i
will be sending it to you today so that we can get done today.make
sure you follow the instructions given before dropping it off at Fedex
location today.await it very soon.

HIm to me:
HERE IS THE FEDEX SHIPPING LABEL SO I WANT YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED FILE AND PRINT IT OUT PASTE IT ON THE PACKAGE BEFORE DROPPING IT OFF TODAY AT FEDEX LOCATION.SO MAKE SURE YOU MAIL ME BACK ONCE IT HAS BEEN DROPPED OFF AT FEDEX LOCATION..

Me to him:
Ok. I'll send the computer just as soon as I receive your check.

Him to me:
Hello,
Thanks for the reply,yes you need to provide USPS with the tracking number before your money can be updated for delivery and also a transaction code number will be given to you once they receive the tracking number which you will tender to their post man inorder to claim your money from him...so you need to send the tracking number to USPS via their email...so that they can verify it and update your money for delivery...

Him to me:
Hello,
I will like to know the status of the package..and have you sent the shippment tracking number to USPS for verification..pls get back to me becos the item is needed urgently......

Him to me:
Yes, I also got a notification from USPS concerning the tracking number, but they told me that the tracking hasn't yet updated on their data base system...So i will like to know wether the package has been drop off at FedEx location...If not, I want you to go ahead and do that right away so that your Money Order will be dispatched to your address by their post man services...Get back to me asap.

Me to him:
I'll drop off the computer at a Fed-Ex location soon. I'm curious though. How would USPS receive notification from Fed-Ex that I dropped off the package? Fed-Ex's system isn't linked to USPS's system, right? I just don't understand how their system would be updated when their system has nothing to do with Fed Ex.

Him to me:
Hello,
I understand you.The USPS's system is quite different from
Fedex.They will verify the tracking number on their Data Base System
to know the status of the shipment.And after they verified that the
package had truely been shiped,then you will be notify of a given time
which their post man will be dispatch to your address for delivery.so
no need to get skeptical about this transaction.Have been using this
system for the past 4 yrs and have never been disapointed by them.Hope
to read from you once the package had been dropped off for shipment
today.

Me to him:
Hi there:
>
> I'm at a Fed-Ex location now ready to drop off the package. They need to
> know whether the address you gave me is residential or business, and who
> will sign for this? Is it Ronald Spigener? Is that your friend? Please
> let me know as soon as possible.

Him to me:
Yes is ronald spigener......And he will be signing for it...That not a
problem.Hope to read from you soon..

Me to him:
> So, it's residential or business? They need to know.

Him to me:
It a business address........not a residential address.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:54 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

scammerssuck wrote:
Should I call the police in Texas?

No. There was no crime, and the scammers are in another country. Just be glad that you did not get scammed.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:28 am 
Gold Member

scammerssuck,

Since they don't have your real name or address you could really mess with them. If you have a dog why don't you box up some droppings from your dog and put them in a nice zip lock bag to conceal the smell and fed ex them to the person in TX. Hopefully the people in TX don't open the box and just send it on to Nigeria and the scammers get the POO.

Oh and just as an FYI I hope you are using Gmail or another email address that blocks your IP otherwise they have your real info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm 

ok this guy is trying to scam me as we speak. it just seemed so odd to me that i would have to package the item without the mailing information. then the so called usps confirmation of receipt of payment looked just a bit odd so i, luckily, stopped by the post office to find out about their business payment services to find that they had none. is there really nothing that can be done?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:08 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

lsbnc05,
Glad to hear that you found us in time to see that it was a scam.

Quote:
is there really nothing that can be done?

It depends on how you look at it . . . is there anything that can be done to catch these guys and put them in jail and stop them? No, they are in another country and using fake names and sometimes stolen credit cards so they are like shadows that just dissapear around a dark corner.

But on the other hand, buy posting informatin about the scammer (name used, email address, phone number, etc) you could help to save someone else. If another person googles that information they could find your post and know it is a scam and you could save them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:37 pm 
Gold Member

Also, don't forget the Nigerian government is corrupt so they won't be of any help even if our government did find some of the people behind all of these scams.

I have also heard that Scammers are starting to set up shop in Iran because they know the US government and law agencies can't touch them there.

So if you want to do something to stop them keep sharing your story with everyone you possibly can to spread the word on what the scams look like so hopefully you can save several people from falling for it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 am 

ok so i'm being scammed by this person now - they just sent me the e-mail for the usps confirmation and stuff - and of course exactly 30 minutes later i get the e-mail from them - so i'm debating what to send them. I sent them a package weight of 30lbs (the item weights about 17lbs but i figured extra for packaging and manuals).

What are your opinions - here are my options

1. 30lbs of used condoms (i live close to quite a few massage parlors and this shouldn't be hard to get from them)
2. 30lbs of used diapers - child care places should have lots of these
3. 30lbs of sand (live close to a beach)
4. 30lbs of dog droppings
5. 30lbs of newspaper
6. 30lbs of my garbage.

the other thing to consider here is that if i overload the box with like 50lbs they will have to pay the overage charges and stuff - so the sky is really the limit here - not to mention that since they are the shipper they will be held liable for any fines for shipping illegal objects

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:50 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

now that you are going into playing with the scammers, I would suggest talking to people who do this on a more regular basis, like the people at 419eater.com

I personally like the dog droppings idea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 am 
Gold Member

ironicways wrote:
ok so i'm being scammed by this person now - they just sent me the e-mail for the usps confirmation and stuff - and of course exactly 30 minutes later i get the e-mail from them - so i'm debating what to send them. I sent them a package weight of 30lbs (the item weights about 17lbs but i figured extra for packaging and manuals).

What are your opinions - here are my options

1. 30lbs of used condoms (i live close to quite a few massage parlors and this shouldn't be hard to get from them)
2. 30lbs of used diapers - child care places should have lots of these
3. 30lbs of sand (live close to a beach)
4. 30lbs of dog droppings
5. 30lbs of newspaper
6. 30lbs of my garbage.

the other thing to consider here is that if i overload the box with like 50lbs they will have to pay the overage charges and stuff - so the sky is really the limit here - not to mention that since they are the shipper they will be held liable for any fines for shipping illegal objects

chances are they are using stolen UPS, FedEx, or another shippers account information so they really aren't paying for anything. Be careful with sending them junk or whatever and follow Shawn's advice on checking out 419eater.com or thescambaiter.com Both of these sites have lots of experience on messing with the scammers and can provide great insite on what to do and how to do it safely.

As for what to send I like a combo of all of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:06 am 
Gold Member

I, personally, do not waste my time trying to get retribution.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:39 am 

If you are baiting safely and have checked out 419 Eater then I vote for the dog poo too. If you are having trouble finding enough I have a large dog who would be glad to make a contribution to your cause. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:14 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Matt . . . you know how to make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:15 pm 

What a menace this man has been for me. I have been trying to sell my Nintendo Wii for a couple of days now and held out on customers due to this complete a$$hole. Luckily i have this site to save my life and not lose over $350+ worth of merchandise. Anyone got a way i can screw over by sending him a package. Like trace where it is being sent to? Here are the e-mails i have saved that i chatted with him.
email #1
Re: Nintendo Wii+5 games+3 Controllers+Nunchuck+Some downloaded stuff - $325
Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:18 AM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
Hello,
Thanks for your response,I am located in Oklahoma.I am sending it to a cyberfriend of mine here in USA.I am offering you the sum of $400 including proper packaging fee and will have proceed with the payment via Western Union Money Transfer so before i proceed with the payment i will want you to get back to me with your full name and address where the payment will be transfered to...and for the shipping of the item i will be responsible for the shipment so kindly get back to me asap..
Thanks

Email#2

Add sender to Contacts
To:
Thanks for the mail,i want you to know that am off to proceed with the payment i will get back to you with the Western uniuon control number so that you can track the money...also i will want you to boxed up the item and i will get back to you with the address where the item will be shiped to via fedex i will also include shipping cost so kindy get back to me asap...
Thanks

Email #3
Re: Proceed with the payment
Friday, August 22, 2008 8:54 AM
Add sender to Contacts
To:
Hello,what's going on over there...i'll proceeded with the payment and forwarded the payment information to you...kindly get back to me asap..

My Response to Email 3
Esther,
You had never gave me any address for me to ship to. You just said it was for a cyber friend and you live at a different address then him. I gave you all my information on me, Address, Phone Number, Name. You never gave me any information on you. I still haven't received any information on the western union number. You said yesterday you were going to give me the number and the address to ship to. I need the address.

email#4

This sender is DomainKeys verified
"esther craig" <walexjunior3@gmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Hello Seller,

I make a payment of $450usd for the item here is the full senders name and address...
Name:::::Eric Ndum
Address:::::2306 N Moore Ave Moore, OK 73160

Receivers name:::::
Address:::::

Western union control number::::4637126882
Western union text question and answer..
Text Question::What is your Name.
Text Answer:::SMYNAME

Total money sent $450usd

Shipping address:

Ronald C. Spigener
111 W. Debbie Lane Suite 107,
Mansfield TX 76063

click the link and long in to western union to check the status of the money with the senders name and i want you to ship my items as soon as you check the status of the money before you went to the bank for pick up and email me the shipping tracking number to get the items so that I can call the western union to released the money as soon as i track the shipping tracking number..

https://www.westernunion.co.uk/WUCOMWEB ... 8913155749[B@ee9621b7467407820165084849;SECURE_KEY=1218913155749[B@1cf522187467407820165084849&nextSecurePage=Y

I will like to read from you soonest..
Good Regards
Stay Bless

I want to find this man and piss in his mouth. It is not right for people to try and scam people like this. Thank you all of you that posted an message about this scammer or else i would've been screwed. What should i do from here on out. I haven't responded to his last email yet and i am going to tell him that the fed-ex is closed til tomorrow. So hopefully somone can give me an idea on how to either track this man or screw him over.