ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beware of these two scammers...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:25 pm 

I posted furniture to sell on Craigslist and was sent an email asking me to send back money via western union once I received their cashier's check/money order etc. Watch out for someone posing as Mark Lewis using two different emails. Initially he contacted me with this email: bybservicios.cat@gmail.com, which is a company email from Mexico I think. However, I checked the IP address and it said they were from San Francisco, California. Either way, it was suspicious. However, I responded to them saying that if they were near the area I lived I'd do business with them. After I sent out this email, I received an email several days later from someone named "Mark Lewis" using the email address marklws340@gmail.com. The IP address still indicated that the person was from California but was instead from another city called Mountain View. Moreover, their response to me was that they'll send me a cashier's check/bank certified check with extra money so that I can send it back to their movers. Suspicious much? YEA..anyways beware of these idiots. I told them not to contact me again and marked it as a phishing scam on my hotmail acct. I also reported it to ic3 and to google.

Post subject: Re: Beware of these two scammers...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 am 

Thanks for that info. I too received an e-mail to day from 'Mark Lewis' (<businessman966@gmail.com>;) with an offer to be a 'Secret-shopper part-time job offe'. Same details as you mention so I reported it before binning it.