ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Beware of Clinton Lewis Mystery Shopper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:09 pm 

On Friday when I got home from work there is a UPS envelope waiting for me with a $1000 money order in it. The money order looks legit but there was nothing else with it. I called money gram and the place where the money order supposedly came from. They both said it was legit. I deposited it in my bank account thinking it was winnings from Fantasy Football. Later that night I checked my email and it said this....

Dear Esteemed Mystery Shopper,

This e-mail is to notify you about your first assignment.The company has issued out a payment to you for your first assignment which means your weekly payment of $200 has been issued to you with some funds which you will use in executing this Assignment. The package tracking number is (1ZY498T60197161929) You can track it at http://www.ups.com/us and it would be delivered to you by ups. Payment was issued to cover the assignment bills and also your weekly wages and Assignment.

Read and make sure you understand all that is stated below to avoid any mistakes. You should receive a Money Order from one of our companies today which is part of your assignment. it would be delivered to you by ups. Payment was issued to cover the assignment bills and also your weekly wages and Assignment. Once you receive the payment, you should take the payment to your bank and cash the payment today then deduct $200 as your weekly wage including the western union charges.

THE PAYMENT WILL BE IN FORM OF MONEY ORDER AND CAN BE CASHED INSTANTLY AT ANY BANK WITHIN THE COUNTRY, ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE PAYMENT YOU SHOULD TAKE IT TO CASH AT YOUR BANK AT ONCE.

The remaining balance should be used for the below assignment. Follow these instructions below.

1ST ASSIGNMENT:

You will be Evaluating Wall-mart) store and Western Union outlet in your City. Cash the payment at your Bank or any cashing center nearby to you and then Go ahead with Wall-mart) Evaluation .The payment you received covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping , and your compensation ( salary=$200 ) for these surveys .You are to purchase Goods of your Choice for your own Use not more than $50 at any Wall-mart store close to you and also you will be using Western Union services to send the balance to another Mystery shopper to carry out her own Assignment. As a secret shopper, you should go there and study how to send money and memorize all you see at the
outlet. We want you to report back to us with the following information:

GUIDELINES
-How long it took you to get services.
-Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
-Smartness of the attendant
-Customer service professionalism
-Reaction of personal under pressure
-Information that you think would be helpful
-Your comments and impressions.

Below is the expenditures breakdown:-
Money Received ....$1000
Salary .................$200
Wall-mart ................$50
Western Union ............... $750

As a secret shopper your job is to observe any thing useful going on in the outlet. Make sure you observe everything you see in there because you would be asked some other questions when you return. So then you would go ahead and make a western union money transfer to another mystery shopper for another assignment. We want you to deduct your weekly payment of $200 and have the remaining funds (minus the western union charges which should be less than $50 and also $50 for whatever you will be buying at Wall-mart) sent to the information below for proper preparation of our next Mystery Shopper.

TRANSFER THE REST OF THE FUNDS THROUGH WESTERN UNION TO THE BELOW INFORMATION:

RECEIVER NAME.. Debra Law
307 BEVERLY DR
HOUSTON,TEXAS, 77049

Our Finance department has just established a new system which you might have never heard of and it is called Alert pay. And this service is been Privately owned and established under our management since 2006 With many competitors we have a very low rating and few customers and we want to develop and upgrade our service to the best and fullest. So we only need the report you provide so we can work on our service. Please try as much to be discrete when doing your work as a mystery shopper, just observe all you see and report back when you get back home. Your next assignment this week would be visiting a museum, we would provide you with the details.

Also to further finalize this Assignment, you have to get back to us with the Necessary report of Wall-marts and also with the below western union transfer information for the money you sent to the other mystery shopper:

1. Senders Name and Address
2. 10 Digit Money Transfer Control Number {M.T .C.N}
3. The amount transferred after deducting western union charges.

This project shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to execute and the time limit matters to us, with that we can also determine your efficiency and the commitment you show towards working with us. Do get back to me with the Reports and Transfer information.

Looking forward to work with you on this project .And remember to pretend to be a client who wants to Shop and send money so they wont detect you are a secret shopper.

Best Wishes and Regards ..
Clinton Lewis
Secret Shopper®

Well, we thought that this was legit but were still wary of this whole thing so I found this website and now have been up to the bank, police station and tv station. The problem is that when I deposited the money order I depostied 900 and kepy 100 for myself. Hopefully this wont turn out to be a big deal but just in case I decided to get even. I just emailed them and told them that I accidentally deposited the money order instead of cashing it. I told them that the bank said I can use the funds in 7 to 10 business days because the money order was out of state. I told them that I had $655 in the bank but want to execute the first assignment perfectly but the only way is to have $100 cash to complete the assignment or wait another week. With the way these people are, I am hoping that they do their UPS thing and overnight $100 bill. I would need that to cover my penalties from my bank because of this scam. Time to get even with the scammers right!!!!!

Post subject: Re: MYSTERY SHOP SCAMMER!!!!! BEWARE - Global Evaluations
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:51 pm 

This posting showed on craigs list 8/28
After checking it out on this site i realized what it was thought I would post it for people to see.

customer service Rep / Account Rep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-28, 10:59AM PDT
Reply to: job-8qwc4-1347062852@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's your chance to get paid for shopping and dining out. You'll be paid to shop and dine out, plus you can also get free meals, free merchandise, free services, free entertainment, and free travel. This opportunity includes great pay, enjoyable work, flexible schedules, and no experience required. If you can shop, you are qualified!

Teal unit mystery Service Inc . is a company that conducts surveys and evaluates other companies. We get hired to go to other peoples' companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers. Once we have a contract to do so, we direct our agent / secret shoppers to the company or outlet to carry out the evaluation, and you will be given the money you need to do the job( either purchase things or require services), after which you will write a comment on the staff's activities and give a detailed record of your experience.

Examples of details you would forward to us are

1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Smartness of the attendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how they react to clients when they get tensed.

We would then turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving their services. Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services, or when they feel their is a need for them to improve their customer services. Your identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper). You would be paid $150 for every duty you carry out, and given a bonus on your transportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.

We currently have a contract to evaluate a local western union outlet in your area. Your first assignment will be to run a survey on this Western Union outlets within 6 miles of your area ( which will be disclosed to you in our subsequent email as soon as you accept the responsibilities to carry out this assignment).

The Western Union location was reported for evaluation for the following reasons.

i) Customers has file report for unprofessional customer service
ii) Slow services
iii) Unbalanced exchange rate
(iv) Rudeness to customers
(v) Excess charge
(vi) Late opening time and Closing before time.

Your Secret Evaluation would be

1) To make a transfer of fund from this western union location to our Mystery shopper and the funds would be picked up by our based mystery shopper at the other location. ( Note : the money you will be needing for this services will be provided in advance by our company before you carry out the assignment)

2) You would have to record your time of arrival, departure and how long it takes to get the transaction done.You would be sent funds in form of money orders which will cover your commission for the duty and the amount you will be sending at western union.

4) You will also provide me with the name of the cashier that attended to you, you will have to keep a comprehensive report on every activity that happens within the time you are carry out the transaction.

As soon as you reply back with your mailing address and information below, the funds you will be needing to carry out the assignment plus your commission , will be sent to you in form of money orders , the Western Union outlet address will be disclose to you, and also the Name and address of the other Mystery shoppers you will be sending the money to , will be provided .

If you are still interested in this job opportunity, reply this E-mail with the follow information and your readiness to carry out this assignment.

FULL NAME, MAILING ADDRESS (no P.O.Box please) , CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE, CELL PHONE, HOME PHONE, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS, BEST TIME TO, CALL, PRESENT JOB STATUS/POSITION..

As soon as you get back to us with this information, we can then proceed to the next step.

Best Regards

Copyright© 2009,Teal unit mystery Service Inc®.
Director (Human Resources & STAFFING)
Delivering simple solutions and achievable customer satisfaction!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:45 pm 

On money orders most of the scammers perfer Money Gram money orders you can call Moneygram at 1-800-MONEYGRAM® (1-800-666-3947) they will ask you for the number off at the end of the money order. Also look at the package that they came in both Federal express and UPS do on line tracking. See if the city and the Drop off location are the same city or even the same state. I have been playing with these guys for years now. If the money order is a Bank Money order you can call the issuing bank and they can tell you weather or not it is any good! You can do the same thing with checks it is a little harder to do. Just call the bank and ask them to verify the check for you Be sure to verify the routing code too. If you want to deposit it go to your bank and have them call on the check first save your self $6.00 or more! If you have any question you can shoot me off an email and I will do my best to answer your questions tjfoley@inbox.com [b]PLEASE DO NOT SENDCANY MONEY TO ANYONE YOU DO NOT KNOW VIA WESTERN UNION![/b]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:49 pm 

One more thing they are still out there! I just got an email! Also on Postal Money Orders hold it up to the light and look for the water marks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I have seen counterfeits with the watermarks.

If they send you a cashier's check or money order and want you to wire any part of that money on to someone, then it is a scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:25 pm 

I also found the add on craigslist a few days ago and gave out my personal information. The guy told me to respond to the e-mail and he would send out my first assignment. I did not respond and found an e mail from him this morning saying that my package was sent out. I received 2 checks each for $870; of course I had an idea that it was a scam from the get go. Now I am concerned that with my name, birthday, address and phone numbers these people will be able to somehow screw with my credit??????? Has anyone had this happen?

Here are the emails I received :

EMAIL #1:

Hello

We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies. We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers. once we have a contract to do, so you would be directed to the company or outlet, and you would be given the funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or require services), after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience.

examples of details you would forward to us are
1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Smartness of the attendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure) and we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.

Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services, or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service. Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid $100 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on your transportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.

Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area. No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested , you have to fill the list below so we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into, and your address would also be needed for your payments.

Fill the application form and send to surveyjobevalinc1234@live.com .

EMAIL #2:

The First assignment

you will receive Money order which is 2pcs of $870 from our customer in the same envelope where you
found this letter.

CASHING INSTRUCTIONS:

The Check will be cashed at your bank look for a WESTERN UNION to perform the mystery
evaluation job in proper.
WIRE/SENDING INSTRUCTIONS: Deduct 10% from the funds then
proceed to the nearest WESTERN UNION outlet to make the payment
payable to another agent in Dubia via WESTERN UNION MONEY
TRANSFER just as follows

NAME : TONY JOHNSON
2 JUMEIRAH ROAD
SHARJAH, DUBAI
UNITED ARAB EMIRATE

NOTE: Your Identity should be kept confidential as the job states (secret
shopper), on no account you should let the cashier/western union personnel
knows you are performing a customer service evaluation as this might not
give exact result
WHEN SENDING WESTERN UNION THESE ARE THING YOU SHOULD
WRITE DOWN:
1. Western union location and address
2. Name of the cashier,s
3. How long it took to get services
4. Smartness of the attendant
5. Customer Service Professionalism
6. Amount sent, wire charges and money transfer control number
(MTCN#) of each transaction
As soon as the western union is sent, kindly email me with all the 6 above
Information, for immediate forwarding to our Board of the Mystery
Evaluation Team.

Thanks and God bless us

Account dept.

~~I knew right away that this was not legit when they asked me to wire money to Dubai of all places~~

Please let me know if it is necessary to be concerned about my credit even though I did not provide my soc. sec. #

IF ONLY I WOULD HAVE GOOGLED THAT JOB NAME BEFORE GIVING OUT MY PERSONAL INFO!!! UGHHH....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:07 am 

Mystery Shopping itself is not a scam. I make a nice living doing it, but I have some specialized skills that are in demand. Here are what you should look for from a legitimate MS company.

They will not send you emails explaining what a mystery shopper should be. They expect you know, and it is not particularly easy to break into the really good shops. I have been doing it for three years, and I now get the good jobs, but that wasn't the case in the beginning. I started out with fast food, just like most everyone else. But a real mystery shop company expects you to educate yourself. Globals letter was an entire page explaining mystery shopping.

He gives you a telephone number. If you didn't call it, well fools and their money are soon parted. There is no easy money. I work hard, sometimes 24/7 if I am on a big project and I want to ingratiate myself with a scheduler. But then I get a $700 check and it is all worth while.

Lastly, check out MSPA. Google it. This is the overseeing organization that most MS companies subscribe to. Not all; there are so legit companies that don't, but if you are just starting, you cannot do better than using the MSPA list, which is available on the web. Good companies are plentiful; for beginners I recommend Trendsource, Service Intelligence, Corporate Research, Bestmark, Market Force; companies that will not tax your brain with mind boggling reports. If you are serious, pay the $10 to get silver certified with MSPA. You can do it online at their site. When you get Gold certified, which is, I believe $75, and available on CD to do at home, you will start getting the great jobs. Some companies will not hire you without Gold certification. But don't bother until you have learned the ropes, or you will be in over your head. I had been shopping over a year when I took it, and I breezed through the test. It was about things I couldn't survive without knowing.

Check out the discussion boards, although the top shoppers don't have time for these (laughing). You will learn a great deal.

So get $15 off of your groceries. Better than coupons! Play a round of golf, gratis. Hotel stays (there is a myth about a free cruise, but if it is true, I haven't found it yet.) I haven't paid for an oil change in three years. My poodle got her shots and ears cleaned. I eat at posh restaurants (those reports are often difficult, not for beginners, but fast food reports are USUALLY easy), had the dent removed from my car. All for free. I have "bought" over 50 cars in the last years, got to drive cars I could never afford. Sound good? It isn't easy, but in these times of unemployment, I call my own shots. If I work hard, I make alot of money. This isn't too good to be true, but it is real.

Now if I only had time to spend it.
Beth

Note: I have shopped in LA and Phoenix; there are many shops in these big cities. Your mileage may differ.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:43 pm 

Okay so i signed on for this mystery shopping thing and they just sent me three checks totaling close to 3000 dollars. Now they told me to deposit it into the bank and cash it and then go to western union and transfer it to another location. Now I have the checks with me, what do you guys think I should do now, I'm SOOO nervous!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:01 pm 

I'm just going to rip up the checks and block the person from e-mailing me!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:19 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

That is the best thing that you can do.

Also, tell everyone you know about this scam. Awareness is how we fight back. If you are on Facebook join our group or share this site with your friends on Facebook in order to let all of them know about this scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 am 

!!!!HI EVERYONE IM 17 YEARS OLD AND IVE JUST SENT HIM MY INFOMATION AND HE SAID THAT HE WAS GOING TO SEND OUT THE CHECK ON FRIDAY...I DONT KNO WAT TO DO???
AND ANSWERS?? THANKS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:44 am 

asherhashmi above gave the best advise: "I'm just going to rip up the checks and block the person from e-mailing me!!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:16 pm 

I'VE JUST SENT THEM ALL OF MY PERSONAL INFO LIKE MY NAME AND ADDRESS... HE SENT A LETTER SAYING THAT I WILL GET THE CHECK SOMETI
E THIS WEEK! WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I GET THIS? I'M ONLY 17 YEARS OLD AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND A JOB BUT INSTEAD I GOT SCAMED! PLEASE HELP ME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 pm 

Just tear them up when you get them... as long as you don't cash them you'll be fine. Don't answer anymore of their emails... just delete them and move on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 pm 

Ok thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next