ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: MYSTERY SHOP SCAMMER!!!!! BEWARE - Global Evaluations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:53 pm 

I'm in Australia and was almost yet another victim of this scam. I found the add in the local job guide and thought it would be great for a 2nd job.
I received an e-mail reply from a guy named Way Collins letting me know that me application had been sucessful, then nothing for a week. The next e-mail I received from him said that I would be receiving a money order and to cash it immediately and carry out the assignment. The assignment was to go to a money gram outlet and send them to an address in South Africa. Something about it didn't feel right, so I started to google them, and couldn't find anything under the compant name they gave me. When I tried looking for their address, I found this site. While the names are not the same, the Address does match a few:
4069 Collins Avenue
PO Box 120921
St Louis. MO 63114
The company name I was given was: Genesis Evaluations.
I received 3 x money orders for $980.00 each and was meant to keep $250.00 and send the rest to South Africa - after this.......SO not gonna happen!!!!!

I am sorry to past and future victims of this scam, though I am also greatful as your comments and experiences have helped me not become a victim as well. Thank you all VERY much.

I have attached a copy of one of the e-mails sent to me:

[color=#8000FF]Attn Shopper :

We are glad to inform you that the application submitted to out company in regards to you been one of our secret shoppers was approved.And i here by take this opportunity to inform you that we are very busy and you would enjoy your work with us as we are ready to create impact to the Public in training the youth.

This is also a notification to you that your job starts Today as all application has been approved , And we have an assignment for you for this week . The company has issued out payment for this week assignment packet to you meaning that you would be paid $250 weekly and that has been issued to you with some funds which you will use in executing this Assignment .Read below for you Packet Data.

ASSIGNMENT INFORMATION'S :

Read and make sure you understand all that is stated below to avoid any mistake occurrence . This is your assignment .

The Payment you received was issued to cover the project bills for the your weekly wages and Assignment :-

Once you receive the Money Orders first you take the payment in the parcel to your bank and cash the payment Immediately then Deduct your first week pay which is $250 then the remaining balance should be used for the assignment below .

Follow the instructions . Your first assignment is to go to any money gram outlet to find out about their ways on their Trading/operation system.

As a secret shopper , You should pretend as if you were a client and want to send money and memorize all you see at the outlet . We want you to report back to us with the following information :

-Procedure of attendance :
-How many attendance in the outlet :
-Security system {If there is any tight security in the outlet} :
-How many minutes it took for them in attending to one client and processing transfer :

As a secret shopper your job is to detect any thing going on in the outlet.Make sure you memorize everything you see in there cause you would be asked some other questions when you return . Also you cant just walk out of the outlet without making any transactions or you would be suspected ,So that's why we sent you the funds to make the transfer. So we authorize you to send the remaining balance of the funds with you after deducting your $250 weekly wages to the below information provided for our up coming exhibition :

MAKE MONEY GRAM TRANSFER TO :

Name: Nobesuthu Florence Dyasi
Address: 40 Main Road,Sea Point ,
Cape Town/South Africa.
Text Question: Color
Text Answer: Blue

Our Finance company established a new system which you might never heard of called Alert pay {Alertpay.com}, And this service is been Privately owned and established under our management since 2004 , With competitors we have a very low rating and few customers and we want to develop and upgrade our service to the best and fullest. So we only need the report you provide so we can work on our service.

Make sure you don't go with a note , Cause if they see you writing anything down , They would definitely suspect you are a secret shopper, Just memorize all you see and report back when you get back home . Your next assignment for next week would be visiting one of our competitors Mall, We would provide you with the details and address and your payment for next week. Also to complete this Assignment you have to get back to me with the following information's for the money you sent to our exhibition manager :

1. Senders Name and Address
2.. 8 Digit Money Transfer Reference Numbers
3. The amount transferred after deducting Money Gram charges.

This project Shouldn't take you more than Two days to execute the Assignment and the time limit matters to us , With that we can also determine your efficiency in Hardworking and commitment you show in working with us. Do get back to me with the Money transfer Information and the assignment result so that we can proceed with your second assignment for the week.

Waiting to read from you .

Regards

After reading all of your comments I made this reply to them:
"After not being able to find ANY information on this company on the internet, I decided to google the address. Seems as though it's been mixed up in quite a few scams!!!!
Yes, the money orders HAVE been received and NO I have not even attempted to cash them yet after reading how hundreds of people have been screwed over. I will be destroying the money orders."

I sincerely hope that these people are stopped and that no more people are affected by this scam - Karma's a bitch and they can only get a way with it for so long!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:09 pm 

Hi,

I actually signed up here just to thank you guys!

I was very sure that this is a scam before, but to know is always better. I actually thought it was a moneywash. Here is the email that I got. I got the check first btw.:

"Hello,

A payment has been sent to you via fedex courier and was delivered Yesterday.Here is the tracking number for the package 8686xxxxxxx. I will like you to follow the following information.

1- Get the payment cashed, deduct you fee of $250

2- Take another $100 to shop for anything at the following walmart store
Wal-Mart

4625 Redwood Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
(707) 586-3717

3- Write your observation in relation to their costumer service(give a detailed report of your shopping experience).And keep the receipt of your purchase for records.

4- Take the remaining balance to the following moneygram location.
longs drug store

750 gravenstein hwy n
Sebastopol, CA 95472-2843
Telephone (707) 823-7062

Request to send the money and the transfer charge will be deducted from the amount you are sending, after the transfer, you will send me the exact amount that will be picked up by the receiver( the whole amount minus the transfer charge) and also the reference number for the transfer. The information which the money will be sent to is as follows.

Name : George Avin

After this second exercise, you should email me your observation too and also the details of the transfer and your shopping.

I will be looking forward to reading from you soon..

Thanks.
Sam Cooper."

What confused me in the first place is, that he did not write from a company email address but from a yahoo-account. I put his check into my bank and when he called to see why I did not send the money yet, I told him I was waiting for the check to clear. Due to my bank the check actually is cleard! I put it in this monday. I am not planning on actually sending him any money. I did never Global E. and also did not give them my SSN. I know this cannot be real... but still the question... since my check actually seemed to be cashed... What should I do with the money? Is it legal to keep it?

ANYWAYS, A BIG THANK YOU!!! :!:

Sky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:56 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Quote:
since my check actually seemed to be cashed... What should I do with the money? Is it legal to keep it?

In about a week the bank will find out that the check is counterfeit and they will take the amount of the check back out of your account.

I am glad that you did not get scammed!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:48 am 

I am soooo glad I found this website....I emailed them yesterday because I found the post at Craigslist and I thought it would be a nice way to make money on the side while shopping...and they almost immediately replied to me saying I was accepted...without as much as an interview or seeing my resume..I thought it was suspicious and I was right...thanks all for the posts!! below is the email they sent me yesterday...I hope it opens someone else's eyes...I am worried that I sent them my name and address :(
I was going to flag them at craigslist but they already removed the post....

-------------
from Donna Williams <easyshop.admin@gmail.com>
to ME

Date Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Subject Re: Great Pay. Fun Work. Flexible Schedules (New York)

Hello ,

You have been Accepted as one of our Mystery shopper/Survey Agent.You will be evaluating WALL MART STORE SERVICES and Money Gram STORE in your neighborhood,kindly check out for one wall-Mart store and one Money Gram agent outlet you will like to evaluate , make sure the store and the outlet you will chose are close to your area as much as possible , you will have to send the name address of the two location to us,Please remember that you are to act Cool,Calm and Confident through out the period in which you will be carrying out the survey, in order not to arouse any suspicion. .you will be shopping at Wall-Mart stores and also make a transaction at the Money Gram , you will write a report about the customer services and send back to us via Email using the following pointers:

1) How long it took you to get services.
2)Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
3) Smartness of the attendant
4)Customer service professionalism
5)Reaction of personnel under pressure
6)Information that you think would be helpful
7)Your comments and impressions.

Payments will be mailed out to you,which you will expend in carrying out all that will be required of you including your Salary and Transportation fee.All Other Instructions will be sent out to you as soon as Evaluation commences. Please reply this Email and give us the name and address of the Wall-mart and Money Gram location you will be evaluating .

Thank you.

The Hiring Manager
Mr Donna Williams

Global Evaluation Inc
21 Upper Riverdale Road Apt
4-D Jonesboro,
Vegina 22407
609-543-2277
607-821-1978

NOTE: YOU ARE TO MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT ATTACH TO THIS MESSAGE IN ORDER FOR YOU TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY.

-----------------

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:42 pm 

You were right, they got the money back out of my account. AFTER IT WAS CLEARED BY THE BANK (they even contacted the other bank to see if the check was really okay and the account was good!). I now have to worry about my account being closed, because it was such a high check, but I am not really worried about that atm. Sam Cooper actually had the gutts to call me AFTER THE CHECK WAS BOUNCED and asked me why I still had not done the job. I told him that the check was bad and played the innocent unknowing victim. He told me to write him an email and he would take care of it. Also, in the meantime I received 2 more checks of the same kind with higher value in the mail. Both came from canada with the offices in the US. Also the letterhead had a different company name as the check. I am affraid they are very interested in my money. :cry: It makes me curious if I can just go the the bank the ceck is from and have them take the money out immediately for a fee.

The thought of revenge is to sweet... But it has to stay at the thought, or might get myself in real trouble. After all, thanks to you I am NOT a victim!

Has anyone else gotten additional letters with more checks? Or actual phone calls?

Sky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:59 am 

This is the e-mail I was sent. The tip off for me was when they said you might have to upset the clerk.

We have a job opening for the position of Mystery Shopper officer , SurveyJob Evaluation Inc is a well established evaluation firm , We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies.We get hired,to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers. once we have a contract to do,you would be directed to the company or outlet or restaurant, and you would be given the funds for the job(either purchase things or require services), after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience.

Examples of details you would forward to us are:
1) How long it took you to get the services.
2) Smartness of the attendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how
they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure).

We turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.Most companies employ our assistance when people complain about their services, or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service.Here is a chance for you to get a free shopping and dinner out,if you will like to be a Mystery Shoppers.You are to evaluate and give comments on customer services in different Stores ,shops and restaurant in your area. You will be paid to shop and dine out, you will also have access to free meals, free merchandise , free services, free traveling ,Free entertainment and lot more.Your identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid $200 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on your transportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.

Once again,your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area. No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested , you have to fill the questionnaire below so we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into, and your address would also be needed for your payments.We are only looking for 50 employee in each state of USA, to work with us as we proceed to enhance good customer service all through the US states

Requirements:
You must be RELIABLE, detail-oriented, and write reasonably well, and have access to a computer with Microsoft word and a reliable Internet connection, must be 19 years old and above , no experience needed .Before you fill the list below make sure you read the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT attached to this mail.

Application info needed:
First Name :
Middle Name :
Last Name :
Phone 1 :
Phone 2 :
Address 1 :
No P O Box
Address 2 :
No P O Box
City :
State :
Country United States
Zip Code :
Year of Birth :

Thanks
Mr John Nicolas
HR Department
SurveyJob Evaluation Inc
4609 Herbert Avenue
St Louis, MO 63114

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:55 pm 
Gold Member

skylarnoir wrote:
You were right, they got the money back out of my account. AFTER IT WAS CLEARED BY THE BANK (they even contacted the other bank to see if the check was really okay and the account was good!). I now have to worry about my account being closed, because it was such a high check, but I am not really worried about that atm. Sam Cooper actually had the gutts to call me AFTER THE CHECK WAS BOUNCED and asked me why I still had not done the job. I told him that the check was bad and played the innocent unknowing victim. He told me to write him an email and he would take care of it. Also, in the meantime I received 2 more checks of the same kind with higher value in the mail. Both came from canada with the offices in the US. Also the letterhead had a different company name as the check. I am affraid they are very interested in my money. :cry: It makes me curious if I can just go the the bank the ceck is from and have them take the money out immediately for a fee.

The thought of revenge is to sweet... But it has to stay at the thought, or might get myself in real trouble. After all, thanks to you I am NOT a victim!

Has anyone else gotten additional letters with more checks? Or actual phone calls?

Sky

The checks you are receiving are COUNTERFEIT, they are drawn on active accounts, if you show up at the drawing bank, and try to cash one of those checks, you will go to jail.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm 

I've learned one thing from this, and old cliche statement...if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. In this case, it is. After weeks of waiting for my "assignment" to come via UPS, I received a sketchy letter in the mail with no return address on it and my moneygram checks were wrapped in a piece of newspaper...can you say red flag? There were no formal documents which explained the job and what it entails. These people were obviously scammers and not very intelligent ones at that. Looking over the documents I received from them explaning the job and my "assignment," I could have sworn they were written by a 3rd grader with the grammar and spelling errors made. These people are criminal and should be locked up...and sent back to grade school:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 am 
Gold Member

They are pretty smart, they take millions of dollars away from folks every year, and English is not their first language.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 pm 

This is the newest one and he goes by the name of clinton lewis, i got 2 money orders for $1000 each and i would not have known nothing about this if it had not been for this site, thank you so much!!

Dear Lisa Pitchcuk,

This is to inform you that you will be starting your first assignment today. The management and staff of (MSPA) MYSTERY SHOPPING PROVIDERS ASSOCIATION. Their complains were based on reports which their customers forwarded anonymously and phone calls which were also made to the head office. Please, you can track the payment through http://WWW.UPS.com and then you would be able to know what time the payment would be delivered to your door step. You would also have to be available to sign for this package as it would be delivered to only you.

Tracking # 1ZTY94850491870421

Here are the 3 important steps to take below .

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS:

1) When you have receive the first payment for your assignment today, take them to your bank and have them deposit or cash them on the spot so that you would be able to conclude your assignment today. Please, you are to deduct 10% as your own pay for this first assignment. The WESTERN UNION charges must be deducted from the remaining funds which you are sending to the information we have provided for you below.(REMEMBER YOUR ARE TO DEDUCT ( $10% PLUS ANY OTHER CHARGES WHICH MAY INCLUDE TRANSFER FEE E.T.C ). The Balance of the money can therefore be wired with this information given to you.

2) You will make a wire transfer of fund from a Western Union location in your area to our Mystery shopper in Northern Cyprus, and the funds would be picked up by our mystery shopper at the exact location which a customer reported her funds stolen from

HERE IS THE INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN UNION.

Name : Sidike Abubakar
Address: 17 stantoria village,
City : Girne
State: Girne

3) After cashing the payment at your bank, you will look for a WESTERN UNION location around you and make the wire transfer to the name and address. Your report should be drafted and sent to us via email immediately the transfer is made. When you have wired the funds through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER only, the receiver would require this information to help have the funds picked up.

* THE MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN).The MTCN number is the 10 digit number on the WESTERN UNION receipt given to you.

*The senders full name and address
*The total amount Sent
* And any other information that would help in picking up the funds.

Also please note that your timely response will ensure timely delivery of another payment. The more active you are, the more payment you receive weekly.

NB: Acknowledge This email by sending us a response as soon as you get it. Thank you so much and may God bless you. We are waiting to hear from you. And funds should be sent to the names VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER ONLY !!!

P:S.....After this assignment has been carried out i will let you know the name of the store where you will be starting your Mystery Shopper.

EASY FINANCIAL # D14
325 PRINCE ST UNIT #120
Sydney, NS B1P 5K6
902-562-8075

Best Regards
Clinton Lewis.

(MSPA) MYSTERY SHOPPING PROVIDERS ASSOCIATION
Theatre Square
Nottingham NG1 6LG
United Kingdom

Dear Mystery Shopper,

I don't know what you are up to,with your sudden silence over the payment you receive from our client,i mailed you yesterday night and today but you never reply back,if you know that you are not ready to work you should have not given down your details to the company and am sure you are aware of the fact that you can never abscond with the company's funds and if your intention is to made away with the company's fund,you will face the penalty and will be sue to court.So i will urge you to get back to me within 48 hours if only you don't want to face the penalty,your response is needed urgently concerning this payment and I need you to get back to me as soon as possible.

I will await your urgent response within 48 hours or else your details will be forward to the FBI and I can bet it with you that you can never made away with the company's funds.

Have a nice day and do expect the FBI visitation if you fail to comply with my instructions.also Update us if you dont receive a payment from UPS Service so we can inform our client to Issue the payment once again to you.

Best Regards,
Clinton Lewis.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:08 pm 

I am glad I also checked this website expect the guy's name was JIMMY BRUCE here's what these scammers sent to me :

(I know especially with mystery shopping that unless the companies that YOU SIGN UP with sends you something with the company name and shopper ID/Location DONT FALL FOR IT! )

SURVEYJOB EVALUATION INCORPORATION
4609 Herbert Avenue
PO BOX 120921
St Louis, MO 63114
EVALUATION INSTRUCTIONS

We have a job opening for the position of Mystery Shopper officer ,
SurveyJob Evaluation Inc is a well established evaluation firm , We
are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies.We get
hired,to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order
to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to
their customers. once we have a contract to do,you would be directed
to the company or outlet or
restaurant, and you would be given the
funds for the job(either purchase things or require services), after
which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a
detailed record of your experience.

1) How long it took you to get the services.
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how
they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure).

We turn the information over to the company executives and they would
carry out their own duties in improving there services.Most companies
employ our assistance when people complain about their services, or
when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer
service.Here is a chance for you to get a free shopping and dinner
out,if you will like to be a
Mystery Shoppers.You are to evaluate and
give comments on customer services in different Stores ,shops and
restaurant in your area. You will be paid to shop and dine out, you
will also have access to free meals, free merchandise , free services
, free traveling ,Free entertainment and lot more.Your identity would
be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be
paid $200 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on your
transportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if you have
to dine as part of the duty.

Once again,your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer
service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in
your area. No commitment is made on this job, and you would have
flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested , you have to
fill the questionnaire below so we can look at your distance from the
locations which you have to put your
service into, and your address
would also be needed for your payments.

We are only looking for 50 employee in each state of USA, to work with
us as we proceed to enhance good customer service all through the US
states

Requirements:

You must be RELIABLE, detail-oriented, and write reasonably well, and
have access to a computer with Microsoft word and a reliable Internet
connection, must be 19 years old and above , no experience needed .

Before you fill the list below make sure you read the INDEPENDENT
CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT attached to this mail.

Application info needed:

First Name :

Middle Name :

Last Name :

Phone 1 :

Phone 2 :

Address 1 :
No P O Box

Address 2 :
No P O
Box

City :

State :

Country United States

Zip Code :

Year of Birth :

Bank name:

Disability :

Thanks
Jimmy Bruce
HR Department
SurveyJob Evaluation Inc
4609 Herbert Avenue
St Louis, MO 63114

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:59 am 

I also received an email regarding the position. I cam across the position on a local web posting.

The email was received from "The Hiring Manager" mr_williamssmaith@live.com

Mr Williams Smith
Survey Job Evaluation Inc
1802 Alonzo Watford Sr. Drive
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, IN 46206.
St Louis , MO 63114

213-769-4710
609-772-8040 Ext 1451763
856-315-9162 Ext 1451763

The email....
Dear Sir/Ma
We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies. We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers. once we have a contract to do, so you would be directed to the company or outlet, and you would be given the funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or require services), after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience.
1) How long it took you to get services.
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how they react to clients when they get tensed (under pressure) and we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services, or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service. Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid $100 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on your transportation allowance, and funds
would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area. No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested , you have to fill the list below so we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into, and your address would also be needed for your payments.
Before you fill the list below make sure you read the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT attached to this mail before you will fill the application , after filling the application below email it to mr_williamssmith@live.com
First Name :

Middle Name :
Last Name :
Phone 1 :
Phone 2 :
Address 1 :
Address 2 :
City :
State :
Country United States
Zip Code :
Birth date :
Mon / day / year

Glad you have all posted here on this site, to save me some time and frustration. Really hurts to have people like this out there scamming with so many people out of jobs and looking hard. luckily I was just looking for some part time work. If it sounds too good to be true....it is!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:25 am 

This is what got sent to me. So is the scam when you send him the money through money gram.Is that how he gets the money. This is so crazy i almost believed it and was gonna send it out. I'm so thankful that you guys put this up. I'm so naive to things like this going on in the world. Well this is another name that he is going by so if anyone gets anything like this. ITS A SCAm
How are you today? Your Evaluation Package has been sent out and scheduled to be delivered on (Wednesday 20 /06 /09) by UPS service. Here

is the Ups tracking number for the package (.1ZV485T10194880881) track able at http://WWW.ups.com

The evaluation Instruction has been attached to this email, make sure you read and understand all the instructions given to you in the evaluation

instruction letter before you go out to evaluate the stores you choose.You have to complete your evaluation within 12 hours after you have

received the package. Your confirmation will be needed via email after you receive the package.

The Hiring Manager
Christina Hinton-Smith

Global Evaluation Inc
40 S Munn Avenue
PO BOX 220921
East Orange, New Jersey 07018
609-543-2277
607-821-1978

Thanks and God bless

GLOBAL EVALUATION INCORPORATION

EVALUATION INSTRUCTIONS

Dear Survey Agent,

You will be Evaluating one Wal-mart store and one MoneyGram outlets in your City. Please Cash this Payment at your Bank Or any cashing store, then you can go ahead with the Evaluations. The Payment you have just received covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping, transport and your compensation (salary=$200) for this survey.

We will be using our company feed-back mechanism therefore you will be sending fund through MoneyGram outlets in City back to Us.
You are to purchase Goods of your Choice for your own Use at any Wal-mart store in your City which you are evaluating ,You will be using $50 for transportation and also take $200 for your salary .

As we are Evaluating transactions above the $2,000mark, you will taking $1,650.00 to the Money Gram Outlet you will evaluate, you will have to pay the MoneyGram transfer charges $100.00 out of the $1,650 .00, the final amount you will send will be $1, 550.00 Please send all transactions to the details below.

Joanne R Desevo

:Logistics and Feedback)

323 south blvd, spring Lake nj 07762

U S A

Breakedown:

SALARY: $200
TRANSPORTATION: $50
MONEY GRAM TRANSFER CHARGES: $100
TOTAL AMOUNT TO SEND: $1,550.00

After Evaluation, ensure that you send back (via Email) the Reference codes given to you after sending funds through MoneyGram.
Please remember what we are really after are the lines of question stated below, those are guidelines to what you will look out for during your visits to Wal-mart and MoneyGram.

GUIDELINES
-How long it took you to get services.
-Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
-Smartness of the attendant
-Customer service professionalism
-Reaction of personally under pressure
-Information that you think would be helpful
-Your comments and impressions.
-Your personal opinion

We are Counting on you, and expect a detailed report.

Thank you.
--
The Global Evaluation Team

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:36 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

scotton wrote:
So is the scam when you send him the money through money gram.Is that how he gets the money.

Yes. The scam works because the bank will "clear" the cashier's check in 24 hours, and put the funds into your account. Then, you wire the money to him. Then a week or so later the bank calls you and tells you that the check is counterfeit and they want you to return the money.

I am glad that you found this site and info before you sent any money!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:40 pm 

Here's what I did to the scammers. I told them that because of recent dating scams that it was the policy of the bank not to wire large sums of money without verifying routing numbers. I told them that my bank would wire the money as soon as they confirmed the routing information by sending a small wire transfer. They e-mailed back and said that they couldn't do that, so I told them that I only had one bank and that rules were rules and that there was nothing that I could do because I already deposited the check (which I have on my bulletin board as a memento). They e-mailed and asked for instructions and my routing number claiming that they did get authorization to send a small amount. Since the scam is known as the "419" scam. I told them that in order for the bank to know that it was legitimate, that they would have to send exactly $9.14. They sent $1.49 the next day; I e-mailed them and told them about the mix up and that the bank was ready to wire the $3850 as soon as the wired amount was correct; I told them that since they made a mistake the first time that a new amount of $2.70 which equals $4.19 adding both deposits needed to be sent. They sent it the next day. I did nothing after that except ignore their e-mails. Two days later a guy with a Canadian accent called me directly wondering what happened to the $3850 deposit. I told him that the check that he gave me was flagged by the bank as fake and that I was phoned by an international multi-jurisdictional fraud task force investigator from Canada who was investigating the incident. Next, I told him that my phone was being monitored in case that he called, and that he better put on his tennis shoes and make tracks--he said something like oh you a$$*** and hung up. I called the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and talked to an investigator; I explained the whole story, gave him the routing numbers that the scammer's transfer came from, the phone number off of my caller I.D. and faxed him the fake check (he told me to mail it, but I told him to send me a self-stamped addressed envelope first--he said "nice try" and agreed to accept a scanned e-mailed copy.) I've heard nothing back at this point, but hey, I'm $4.19 richer less an 8 minute phone call to Canada for $3.29.

He should have never messed with an ex-car salesman

I'm the kind of guy who calls the doctor's office and remind them that I have an appoint 2 days before I go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next