ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: MYSTERY SHOP SCAMMER!!!!! BEWARE - Global Evaluations
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:05 pm 

Okay I admit I fell for it too. I am glad I was directed to this before going too far. I actually received an e-mail from him this evening. I received my M/O for 835 ea last week but they came with a magazine from a Library in Newark so I called the library thinking that money they were sending to a charity came to me by mistake. When I called I spoke to a gentleman who said that he received a call 10 minutes ago from someone else with the same situation. So I faxed him copies of what I had but still have the information in my possession. The e-mail I received from a Donald Silcox this evening stated that he shows that I received my package and wanted to know why the job had not been completed. After an hour of not knowing what to do next I was told to google money order Wal-Mart scams and found this site. I am so glad I did. I want to put the information that I have on here I am just not sure is there a limit to what I should post cause I have a lot of info and it is a recent as tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:27 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

GrayGirl,
Please post any and all information on the scammer that you have! Someone else could google the email address, name of the company, his name . . . anything . . . and if you have that information posted here it could save them too!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:26 pm 

I was almost a victim of this scam. I replied to the ad on craigslist because it sounded really good and got a reply the next day saying i was accepted. I didnt hear back for about a week and it was and email saying that my payment package was coming in the mail that day (yesterday). Luckily it never came so i decided to call UPS today to see what the deal was why it didnt come and they told me it was destroyed so thank you UPS! After i got off the phone something was very fishy so i did some googling and found this site and realized it was a SCAM!! Throughout the whole process things we kinda suspicous like i sent him several emails asking more about the job and i never got a reply, there was no phone number to call, and in the emails his wording and use of words was kinda hard to understand kinda like broken english at times and the format of his emails werent very professional but i was so blinded by the money and how easy this was going to be that i overlooked those suspisions i should of known it was too good to be true. If he tries to resend the payment package i definitely will not cash them thanks to this site. Also UPS saved my a$$ cause i would of went through with it if the package was deliverd yesterday. Anyways i hope no one falls for this scam and i hope whoever is behind this gets caught.

here is some of info that he used

Name he used: Richard Williams

Email : admin.easyshop1@gmail.com

This is who i was supposed to wire the money to :
Jamin Stocker
(Logistics and Feedback)
74 West Forest
Houston, TX 77080

I hope this helps and i hate that bastard!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

eits16
Thank you so much for posting all of the info on the scammer!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 pm 

Hi everyone. Thanks for posting all the info up here. It is greatly appreciated. I'm unemployed and looking for a job, and snakes like this waste my time. This pisses me off, so I decided to throw the joke back in his face. I filled out the app that they request (with all unknown info of course) and told him what a POS he was in the end. I had already suspected he was a fake when he sent the first email. His spelling was off. Anyone doing the hiring for a company will most likely have his **it together, including his spelling. Thanks again everyone,

CupOJoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 pm 

Thankfully I googled the company before I sent in my personal information... I think he has a new name and address. I wish people like this would get real jobs and stop praying on those of us who are looking to supplement our income. Thanks to everyone who has posted on this site for saving me from wasting my time with these jokers.

This is the email I recieved based on a reply from a craigslist ad.

Hello We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies.We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customersin order to know how the staffs are handling their services inrelation to their customers. once we have a contract to do, so youwould be directed to the company or outlet, and you would be giventhe funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or requireservices), after which you would write a comment on the staffsactivities and give a detailed record of your experience. examples of details you would forward to us are
1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Smartness of the attendantattendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to seehow they react to clients when they get tensed (under pressure)and we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry outtheir own duties in improving there services.
Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaintsabout their services, or when they feel there are needs for them toimprove their customer service. Your Identity would be keptconfidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid$100 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on yourtransportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if youhave to dine as part of the duty. Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in awide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area.No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hoursas it suits you. If you are interested , you have to fill the listbelow so we can look at your distance from the locations which youhave to put your service into, and your address would also be neededfor your payments.
Before you fill the list below make sure you read the INDEPENDENTCONTRACTOR AGREEMENT attached to this mail before you will fill theapplication , after filling the application below email it tosurveyjobnet11@aol.com
First Name :
Middle Name :
Last Name :
Phone 1 :
Phone 2 :
Address 1 :
Address 2 :
City :
State :
Country United States
Zip Code :
Birth date : Mon / day / year
1802 Alonzo Watford Sr. Drive
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, IN 46206.
317-917-6452
609-772-8040 Ext 1451763
856-315-9162 Ext 1451763
--The Survey JobNet Evaluation Team .
-- BARRY BROUSSARDbarrybroussard@bestmail.us

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 am 

Hello ,

You have been Accepted as one of our Mystery shopper/Survey Agent.

You will be evaluating WAL MART STORE SERVICES and Money Gram STORE in your

neighborhood,kindly check out for one wal-Mart store and one Money Gram agent outlet you will like to evaluate , make sure the store and the outlet you will chose are close to your area as much as possible , you will have to send the name address of the two location to us,Please remember that you are to act Cool,Calm and Confident through out the period in which you will be carrying out the survey, in order not to arouse any suspicion. .you will be shopping at Wal-Mart stores and also make a transaction at the Money Gram , you will write a report about the customer services and send back to us via Email using the following pointers:

2)Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
3) Smartness of the attendant
4)Customer service professionalism
5)Reaction of personnel under pressure
6)Information that you think would be helpful
7)Your comments and impressions.

Payments will be mailed out to you,which you wil expend in carrying out all that will be required of you including your Salary and Transportation fee.

All Other Instructions will be sent out to you as soon as Evaluation commences.

Please reply this Email and give us the name and address of the Wal-mart and Money Gram location you will be evaluating .

Thank you.

a$$ Hiring Manager
Ashley Cole.
Global Evaluation Inc
21 Upper Riverdale Road Apt
4-D Jonesboro,
Georgia 30236
(678) 8814 - 4162
Cell: (678) 7499 - 6913
Fax: (678) 814 – 41633

.......Read the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT Letter before responding........

I thought it was fishy when they were asking for my social security number...

I looked this up on criagslist and thought it was legit but im glad i did my research before i did anything....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 am 

i must say that i am extrememly vexxed at the moment. for the past two days i have been running around trying to cash these checks that were sent to me and complete the evaluation only to come and find out that EVERYTHING was a SCAM. i feel dumbfounded because my sister had warned me at first but i didnt believe because fast money?? who would turn that down but as i been going around and people have been denying the checks i have come to realize this was a scam. i really dont see why people waste time trying to scam others. i was sent two money orders for 865.55 each and i had an incident where water spilled one of themoney orders and the amount of money was earsed. when i told my sister she told me it was fake. i was browsing the web to see if this was common and i guess it is. i really hope these people are caught!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:32 pm 

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I answered an email for mystery shopper but did not tie this in with the email when I received (3) $870.00 money order checks via FEDEX this morning. The money orders are from USPS.

As I did not know what this was for, I went to check my email and there was a message about these checks. I had several emails from a John Payne and got kind of suspicious.
I wrote back to him and told him I was not comfortable with this as I could not believe that they would send me money before doing anything.

The next email that I had was for me to go to my bank to deposit these checks and then go to a Money Gram. The email said to keep $200 and then money order the balance to an address in South Africa.

I also contacted the person on the money orders at the address that was on the money order which was not the person but the address was correct.

In any case, these money orders seem quite legitimate but after reading some other websites.

How if anything should I proceed and what should I do with the money orders.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:53 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Quote:
How if anything should I proceed and what should I do with the money orders.

Ignore the scammers and destroy the money orders

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:39 pm 

Hi thank you for having this site, I almost fell victim to this scam myself. Thank god I read this before the money orders arrived. Supposedly they are on the way and I plan on destroying them and ignoring these people. Here is everything I got from them and hope others see it and don't fall for this crap. So here are the emails:

Dear Sir & Ma,

We are a agency that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies. We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers .Once we have a contract to do you would be directed to the company or outlet and you would be given the funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or require services) after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience. Examples of details you would forward to us are

2) Smartness of the attendant
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant to see how they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure).

We turn the information (you gave us) over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.

Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service. Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid $300 for every survey you carry out bonus on your transportation allowance and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.

Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area. No commitment is made on this job and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested do send in your::

(I)Your Full Name:
(II)Your Residence address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
(III)Present work address:
(IV)Home and mobile Phone numbers:
(V)Email address:
(VI)Your Age and Current Occupation:
(VII)Your Gender:

So we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into, and your address would also be needed for your payments. We also implore you to send a scanned copy of any form of Identification for the processing of your application form and also for record purpose but if you cannot provide it presently then you can provide it later..

Thanks.

Thats the first one. The next one was:

Hello ,

You will be evaluating WAL MART STORE SERVICES and Western Union STORE in your

neighborhood,kindly check out for one wal-mart store and one Western
Union agent outlet you will like to evaluate , make sure the store
and the outlet you will chose are close to your area am much as
possible , you will have to send the name address of the two location
to us,Please remember that you are to act Cool,Calm and Confident
through out the period in which you will be carrying out the survey,
in order not to arouse any suspicion. .you will be shopping at
Wal-mart stores and also make a transaction at the Western Union ,
you will write a report about the customer services and send back to
us via Email using the following pointers:

Payments will be mailed out to you,which you will expend in carrying
out all that will be required of you including your compensation and
Transportation fee.

Please reply this Email and give us the name and address of the
Wal-mart and Western Union location you will be evaluating .

Kindly email us the location before 24hours so that you can be one of
the new shopper.
Thank you.

The Hiring Manager
Margret
Global Evaluation Inc
50 S Munn Avenue
PO BOX 120921
East Orange, New Jersey 07018
609-543-2277
607-821-1978

and this is the last one I received before I looked at your website and started ignoring him:

hello, how are you doing today? just wanted to inform you that your first assignment is on the way and also money orders would be send to you so that you would be able to carry out the evalaution assignment
thanks

The email address he was using is bencarsonxxx@gmail.com

Hope this helps. Should I be worried about the fact that I sent my name, address, work address, phone number, and email address to this jerk? Thank you so much for having this information up and saving me from being an idiot and falling for this scam.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm 

I also signed up for this on CraigsList and received the money orders (2) for $850 each. Here is the letter:

Hello ,

You will be evaluating WAL MART STORE SERVICES and Money Gram STORE in your

neighborhood,kindly check out for one wal-Mart store and one Money Gram agent outlet you will like to evaluate , make sure the store and the

outlet you will chose are close to your area as much as possible , you will have to send the name address of the two location to us,Please remember

that you are to act Cool,Calm and Confident through out the period in which you will be carrying out the survey, in order not to arouse any

suspicion. .you will be shopping at Wal-Mart stores and also make a transaction at the Money Gram , you will write a report about the customer

services and send back to us via Email using the following pointers:

Payments will be mailed out to you,which you wil expend in carrying out all that will be required of you including your Salary and Transportation

fee.

Please reply this Email and give us the name and address of the Wal-mart and Money Gram location you will be evaluating .

Thank you.

Aderson Willson.
Global Evaluation Inc
21 Upper Riverdale Road Apt
4-D Jonesboro,
Georgia 30236
(678) 8814 - 4162
Cell: (678) 7499 - 6913
Fax: (678) 814 – 41633

.......Read the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT Letter before responding........

Then they sent me........

Dear Survey Agent,

Please note that your package for Evaluation as been sent out on
Tuesday through FedEx Services will as scheduled the package to
be deliver to you on wednesday by 10.30am MORNING.#...(xxxx)

You start your survey immediately you receive the package from the
FedEx that mean you will be starting as soon you Receive the
package contain the payment for your evaluation which is $200 and the
payment you will use to carry out your evaluation at the money gram
and Wal-mart

More detail will be given to you on the Evaluation Instruction Letter
which will let you know more on how you will expand the payment on
your survey , the Evaluation Instruction will be send to you as an
attached email to you just open the attached file now and read.

Please make sure that you have highlighted your potential Wal-mart and
western union outlets in your area .you will be evaluating both Services
between 24 hours after you have received the package from FedEx .and
the first three people to give there report before 6 hours is going
to get a free bonus CRV Jeep

Ensure that you confirm via Email to us when you receive package by FedEx
If you have any Question or anything you do not understand about the
survey you can contact me directly on this line, i will be more happy
to help you out and answer your question.

Thanks .

Human Resource Department

Mr Jones Moore
607-821-1978
609-543-2277

NOTE:
Make sure you email your report here asap you complete your survey
email back report here

And here is the attachment:

SURVEYJOB INCORPORATION

50 S Munn Avenue
PO BOX 120921
East Orange, New Jersey 07018

EVALUATION INSTRUCTIONS

You will be evaluating one wal-mart store and one Money Gram. outlets in your City. Please Cash this check at your Bank, then you can go ahead with the Evaluations. The Payment you have just received covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping, transport and your compensation (salary=$200) for this survey

You are to purchase Goods of your Choice for your own Use at any wal-mart store in your City which you are evaluating , spending not more than a $50 dollars altogether, you will also be using $50 for transportation .

Also as regards Money, we will be using our company feed-back mechanism therefore you will be sending funds through outlets in your Money Gram . City, back to Us.

As we are evaluating transactions above the $2,000mark, you will take 1,400 to the Money Gram. Outlet you will evaluate, you will have to pay the Money Gram. transfer charges $100 out from the $1,400 the final amount you will send will be $1,300 Please send all transactions to the details below.

TONY E REDMON
221 Upper Riverdale Road Apt
4-D Jonesboro,
Georgia 30236

After your Evaluation, ensure that you send to us (via Email) the amount sent, the reference codes (8 Digit #) given at the Money Gram after your transaction and the Wal-mart receipt #.

EXPENDITURES BREAKDOWN:-

Salary .................$200.00

Wal-mart................$50.00

Transfer Fess............$100

Transportion............$50

Money Gram Transaction .............$1,300 less transfer charges

Please remember what we are really after are the lines of question stated below, those are guidelines to what you lookout for will during your visits to wal-mart and Money Gram.

GUIDELINES
-How long it took you to get services.
-Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
-Smartness of the attendant
-Customer service professionalism
-Reaction of personally under pressure
-Information that you think would be helpful
-Your comments and impressions.
-Your personal opinion

We are Counting on you, and expect a detailed report.

Thank you.
--
The Global Evaluation Team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 pm 

...and I didn't cash the checks. I'm taking them to the Post Office tomorrow...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I am glad to here that the information on this site helped to save you from becoming a scam victim!

Quote:
Hope this helps. Should I be worried about the fact that I sent my name, address, work address, phone number, and email address to this jerk?

I would not worry. You could block his email address and then he cannot bug you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:03 pm 

Well he's changed his name again. I found the advert on Gumtree in the general jobs section. Ive flagged it up to Gumtree so it should be taken off soon. Luckily i smelt a rat after the second email, so in theory there is a package coming to me, if it arrives i'm off to the Police with it, if that will do any good. Before i found this site i sent "Mr Bishop" an email questioning his email, saying it sounded very dodgy. He hasnt replied yet!

Oh yeah, he even had the nerve to phone me after the first email, checking i was still interested!! His mobile no. is 07759 276556 but of course its always switched off!

These are his emails to me...

Good Day,
Thanks to your swift response and interest in our job offer.There are different types of mystery shopper,such as report only mystery shopper,telephone mystery shoppers,postal monitoring mystery shopper depending on the one we are been contracted to work on.
A report-only mystery shopper will usually conduct mystery assignments in high street stores, car showrooms etc. in the area in which they live and/or work. A report would then be furnished to us after the evaluation, on the same day, which is then sent to our Head Office.And like I explained earlier the funds to go about this evaluation and survey will be given to you by our company.
Example of details you would foward to us are
1)Smartness of the attendant
2)How long it took for you to be served.
4)You might be asked to upset attendant sometimes in order to see how they would react to clients in a tense situation.
After all this is done,we would then turn the information over to their company executives in order to carry out their own duties in improving their services.
We will offer you a very good compensation on every evaluation carried out by you.
Kindly get back to us with the following data.
First Name :
Middle Name :
Last Name :
Address : (NO PO BOX )
Postal Code :
Nationality :
Date of Birth :
Home phone number :
Cell phone number :
Best Regards,
Mr Bishop
Recruiting Manager
------------
EMAIL no.2

Hello,
You will be receiving payment either tomorow or thursday morning via royal mail so we urge you to Acknowledge the receipt of the payment.
Amount sent: $1500.00
The payments are inform of ( Amex TC ),write your name on the pay to the order of part of the TC and fill the date portion and sign at the top of the cheques as soon as you recieve this before going to cash the TC and countersigned them at the bottom of the cheques again on cashing point in front of the person paying you.The Amex TC are cashed instantly at your Bank,Travel agent Locations,Thomas Cook,Thopmsons or Mark and Spencer.
When you get to the counter,just inform the cashier to deduct an encashment fee for the instant cashing of the AMEX TC ,We guess the cashing fees should be £5 or £7 and the cash will be given to you immediately.take notice of the customer service and how long it took them to serve you. we hope this is clear to you and once you cash this you will then make your way to the MoneyGram location as mentioned earlier to act as a customer in order to do your evaluation and remember you will write up a comprehensive report about everything.You will be contacted once you acknowledge the reciept of the check.Looking foward to read from you asap.
best regards,
Mr Bishop

NB.you will recieve your payment same day after you have finished your evaluations

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next