ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: MYSTERY SHOP SCAMMER!!!!! BEWARE - Global Evaluations
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:51 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

legallady67 wrote:
Is there a way to verify the authentic-ness (not a word, I know) of these money orders??

You can take the money orders to the nearest Post Office and tell them the full story, but I could also save you the trip and tell you that they are fake.

Quote:
Is there a waay to turn the tables on these people

No. The best you can do is to post all of the info you know about them (name, address, phone number and email address) on this site. If someone else googles that info, it will lead them here and then they will know it is a scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:40 am 

:D THank you guys so much!!!! I got the check today and decieded to check it out! Thanks to talking to my mother who said that she saw a 20/20 special about this scam. This website saved me from making a big mistake. Big huge scammers!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:05 am 

admin wrote:
legallady67 wrote:
Is there a way to verify the authentic-ness (not a word, I know) of these money orders??

You can take the money orders to the nearest Post Office and tell them the full story, but I could also save you the trip and tell you that they are fake.

Quote:
Is there a waay to turn the tables on these people

No. The best you can do is to post all of the info you know about them (name, address, phone number and email address) on this site. If someone else googles that info, it will lead them here and then they will know it is a scam.

Thank you :)
Why can't people like these people get caught??

I have a physical address for them (unless it's fake), and traced the UPS envelope, it looks like it either originated in MO (where the address is), OR out of the country, because the very first place on the tracking page just states "US", then the next place was MO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:35 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

cma1215 -
glad you did not get scammed. I will have to check out the 20/20 website and see if I can find the story

legallady67 -
Quote:
Why can't people like these people get caught??

Because they are in another country . . . usually Nigeria. It would have to be the Nigerian government/law enforcement that would have to go after them . . . and scams bring billions of dollars into their country every year

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:16 pm 

I signed up for something with them. they are sending the stuff now. i realize this is a scam but how do i get out of it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:06 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

prettypuff1 wrote:
I signed up for something with them. they are sending the stuff now. i realize this is a scam but how do i get out of it

I am glad that you found out before you lost money. If they are sending you money orders, bring them to the post office and tell them what is happening.

As far as the scammers . . . block their email address and don't talk to them any more. Don't worry about any "job" deal that signed up for . . . it is not a real job anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 am 

Thanks for the posts! Here is an e-mail from "Seth Samuel"...notice the numerous spelling and grammar errors!

On Fri, Seth Samuel <hiringmanagerfeedback.seth@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Survey Agent,

Your package for evaluation as been sent out on monday morning through FedEx , it as been scheduled to be deliver to you tomorrow Morning by 10:30am , here is the Tracking # (xxxx) , make sure you keep track of the package till they deliver it to you .

You have to start your evaluation process immediately you receive the package, in the package you will find Three Money Gram Money Orders of $850 each of totals $2550 , On receiving the the funds you will fill the address on the Fed Ex envelope on the Sender's address section of each of the money order .

You will use the fund to carry out your evaluation at Money Gram and the Wal-Mart store including, you will find the brake down of the fund in your evaluation Instruction.

The evaluation Instruction as been attached to this email, make sure you read and understand all the instructions given to you in the evaluation instruction letter before you go out to evaluate the stores you choose .

You have to evaluate the two store withing 48 hours after you have received the package from FedEx .

Your confirmation will be needed via email after you received package .

Thanks .
Mr Seth

Mystery Survey Inc
4609 Herbert Avenue

PO BOX 120921
St Louis , MO 63114

--
The Mystery Evaluation Team
Redefining Customer Service

~~~ Here is the attached instructions ~~~

MYSTERY EVALUATION INCORPORATION

323 Collins Avenue

PO BOX 120921

St Louis, MO 63114

609-543-2277

609-772-8040 Ext 1276066

856-315-9162 Ext 1276066

EVALUATION INSTRUCTIONS

Dear Survey Agent,

You will be evaluating one Wal-mart store and one Money Gram outlets in your City. Please Cash this MO at your Bank, then you can go ahead with the Evaluations. The Payment you have just received covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping, transport and your compensation (Salary=$200.00) for this survey.

You are to purchase Goods of your Choice for your own Use at any Wal-mart store in your City which you are evaluating , spending not more than a $100.00 dollars altogether, you will also be using $50.00 for transportations .

Also as regards Money gram, we will be using our company feed-back mechanism therefore you will be sending funds through Money Gram outlets in your City, back to Us.

As we are evaluating transactions above the $2000.00 mark, you will take $2200.00 to the money gram Outlet you will evaluate, you will have to pay the money gram transfer charges $95 out from the $2200.00, the final amount you will send will be $2105.00 Please send all transactions to the details below.

NAME: MARCUS ABRAMS

(Logistics and Feedback)

CITY: ST LOIUS

STATE: MO

ZIP CODE: 63114

After your Evaluation, ensure that you send to us (via Email) the reference codes (8 Digit #) given at the Money Gram after your transaction and the Wal-mart receipt #.

EXPENDITURES BREAKDOWN:-

Salary .................$200

Wal-mart................$100

Transportation ……$50

Money Gram Transaction .............$2,105

Money Gram Transfer costs..........$95

Please remember what we are really after are the lines of question stated below, those are guidelines that you will lookout for during your visits to Wal-Mart and Money Gram.

GUIDELINES:-

-How long it took you to get services.

-Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet

-Smartness of the attendant

-Customer service professionalism

-Reaction of personally under pressure

-Information that you think would be helpful

-Your comments and impressions.

-Your personal opinion

We are Counting on you, and expect a detailed report.

Thank you.

--

The Mystery Evaluation Team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:55 pm 

I caught this early also, but I am a little concerned that when I "applied" I sent my name and birthdate. I am a little concerned about identity theft, should I be?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 am 
Gold Member

Is that all you sent them? If you didn't send them your SSN # then you don't have much to worry about as it will be difficult for them to try and obtain it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 am 

I am also glad I investigated this because it just did not sound quite right. Here is what I was sent: Hello

We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies. We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers. once we have a contract to do, so you would be directed to the company or outlet, and you would be given the funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or require services), after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience.

examples of details you would forward to us are
1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Smartness of the attendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure).

And we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.

Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services, or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service. Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid $100 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on your transportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty. Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area. No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested , you have to fill the list below so we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into, and your address would also be needed for your payments. Before you fill the list below make sure you read the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT attached to this mail before you will fill the application .
First Name :
Middle Name :
Last Name : Phone 1 : Phone 2 :
Address 1 : Address 2 :
City : State :
Country Zip Code : Birth date : Mon / day / year Gender : --
The Mystery Evaluation Team .

The Hiring Manager
Mr Vincent
Mystery Survey Inc
323 Collins Avenue
PO BOX 120921
St Louis , MO 63114
--
The Mystery Evaluation Team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 pm 

Well I fell for it too. Got my check today. I too was surprised by the poor grammer and lack of captialization by a company. I responsed with an email that I would not be doing this. I will take this to the post office tomorrow, wearing dark glasses and a trench coat, because I should know better. I am SO glad I Googled the phone number and found your website. I am interested in being a personal shopper, and there was a thread from someone who legitimately works for one. Could someone share that information?

Sincerely Yours,

"A Close One"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:51 am 

In response to the last message:

Well I fell for it too. Got my check today. I too was surprised by the poor grammer and lack of captialization by a company. I responsed with an email that I would not be doing this. I will take this to the post office tomorrow, wearing dark glasses and a trench coat, because I should know better. I am SO glad I Googled the phone number and found your website. I am interested in being a personal shopper, and there was a thread from someone who legitimately works for one. Could someone share that information?

Sincerely Yours,

"A Close One"

You might want to check into http://www.jancyn.com

I have not had a chance to see just how ligitimate they are but I did google their address and numbers and found to be ok so far.......... if you are serious about being a shopper you might want to check out the site. apparently they also provide services to companies (including apartment evaluations)

here is their address:

Click here If you are a company looking for mystery shopping services.

Click here If you are looking to apply to be a mystery shopper.

Address:
1912 Lincoln Ave
San Jose, CA 95125

Mailing:
PO Box 26934
San Jose, CA 95159

Phone 408.267.2600
Fax 408.267.2602

also this info as well:

A satisfied customer is the lifeblood of any retail company, restaurant, or service industry. Most often, a customer will never let anyone but friends and family know about a negative experience. Does your company actually provide the kind of service that you envision it does? JANCYN can help you gather the information necessary to accurately answer this most important question. This allows you the opportunity to make the adjustments necessary in order to better serve your clientele. Our superior programs are the secret weapons that provide an invaluable management tool that can be relied on with confidence to assess strengths and weaknesses in any service related field.

Retail, Restaurant, and Service Industries

Our sophisticated shoppers anonymously visit your store to rate the level of service provided by that store and its employees. Comprehensive reports describing the shopper's experience are provided for each store evaluation and then summarized in executive reports tailored to your company's needs. The summaries include reports by district, region, category, store ranking, and year-to-date totals. Top Line graphs and charts are also available. Our programs utilize state of the art online technology allowing for you to view your surveys instantly. For more information go to Mystery Shopping.

Rental/Housing Research

Have you reached your goal of 100% occupancy? JANCYN has accepted the challenge to assist many companies in reaching that goal and is proud to be number one for rental housing shops. Let us help your company to reach the goal of 100% occupancy! Our shoppers pose as qualified prospects to evaluate the Manager or Leasing Consultant. Your company confidence comes from knowing that your leasing staff is properly demonstrating the features of your property, as well as professionally handling prospective residents. We offer a fast turnaround time and the ability to target staff members. We also give leasing training tips. Using our proven method of evaluation, you can increase your closing ratios, improve your staff motivation, and better monitor training effectiveness. For more information go to Apartment Evaluations. For more information go to Apartment Evaluations.

Good luck to you and just remember to look thoroughly into any company

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:28 am 

Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm 

This is all spam and you can tell by the body of the email:

Hello ,

You have been Accepted as one of our Mystery shopper/Survey Agent.

You will be evaluating WAL MART STORE SERVICES and Western Union Location Outlet in your

neighborhood,kindly check out for one wal-mart store and one WESTERN UNION agent outlet you will like to evaluate , make sure the store and the outlet you will chose are close to your area aS much as possible , you will have to send the name AND address of the two location to us,Please remember that you are to act Cool,Calm and Confident through out the period in which you will be carrying out the survey, in order not to arouse any suspicion. .you will be shopping at Wal-mart stores and also make a transaction at the WESTERN UNION , you will write a report about the customer services and send back to us via Email using the following pointers:

1) How long it took you to get services.
2)Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
3) Smartness of the attendant
4)Customer service professionalism
5)Reaction of personnel under pressure
6)Information that you think would be helpful
7)Your comments and impressions.

Payments will be mailed out to you,which you will expend in carrying out all that will be required of you including your compensation and Transportation fee.

All Other Instructions will be sent out to you as soon as Evaluation commences.

Please reply this Email and give us the name and address of the Wal-mart and WESTERN UNION location you will be evaluating .

Thank you.

The Hiring Manager
Mrs Sandy Sidford

Global Evaluation Inc
50 S Munn Avenue
PO BOX 120921
East Orange, New Jersey 07018
609-543-2277
607-821-1978

that is the latest in information

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 pm 

i recently received a $2500 check (not money order) from this scammer as well. i automatically thought it was a scam when i saw all the grammatical errors in the email. then, when they talked about wire transferring money and then the big check arrived, i was sure.

same email as one posted above. the "marcus abrams" one in st. louis, mo.

i looked on snopes for this scam and then saw a number for the federal trade commission, which i called and reported all the info. they are familiar with this particular scam and said that there's no danger to anyone as long as you DON'T WESTERN UNION ANY MONEY TO THEM.

i suppose i could try and cash/deposit the check, but what's the point, i suppose....?

my sympathies to anyone who was bilked out of money by this scam.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next