ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walmart Money Orders/ going to trial in two weeks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:59 pm 

Last Year July I recieved payment by way of Walmart Money order. I was to construct three Computers and the person would send me Money Orders to cover the cost. I recieved all although I did not ask for them. I went to my local bank and being new to Las Vegas I attempted to open a Bank account the money orders were fake and I was arrested. The Case was not filed and I was feeling alot better I thought that the DA had done a proper investigation and dismissed....Later in the Year November... after I lost my ID's I walked into the Police Station to report my ID's lost and get new ones, guess what I was arrested on a warrant for the Fake Money Orders again. After Posting Bail, I now have a Trail, scheduled for week after next. After doing some research I finanlly found out just how many people have gotten themself in the same thing. I reported my incident to the Police they laughed, I reported it to the Secret Service, the FBI, and the D.A. and no one seem to be listening and you would think with so many problems like this somone would notice. I need some feed back... ASAP..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:14 pm 
Gold Member

In the thread on Topix you stated you were a law enforcement officer, is that true?

Post subject: Re: Walmart Money Orders/ going to trail in two weeks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:32 pm 

jwalter92674 wrote:
Last Year July I recieved payment by way of Walmart Money order. I was to construct three Computers and the person would send me Money Orders to cover the cost. I recieved all although I did not ask for them. I went to my local bank and being new to Las Vegas I attempted to open a Bank account the money orders were fake and I was arrested. The Case was not filed and I was feeling alot better I thought that the DA had done a proper investigation and dismissed....Later in the Year November... after I lost my ID's I walked into the Police Station to report my ID's lost and get new ones, guess what I was arrested on a warrant for the Fake Money Orders again. After Posting Bail, I now have a Trail, scheduled for week after next. After doing some research I finanlly found out just how many people have gotten themself in the same thing. I reported my incident to the Police they laughed, I reported it to the Secret Service, the FBI, and the D.A. and no one seem to be listening and you would think with so many problems like this somone would notice. I need some feed back... ASAP..

Come back and tell us what happened.....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:27 am 

Wow! It seems you and I were both treated with the same "respect" as far as the local police go. I am curious to know what the outcome of your incident was. I too am going thru the same situation. I met with the DA thinking everything would be just fine once he heard my story. NOT!! He looked at me with an odd smirk, shook his head and said "you expect me to believe this?" Amazing!!! I will appear in court again Nov. 5th in hopes to hear that the charges are dropped.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm 

I wish the person from Las Vegas would let us know what happened.
I have been in similar situation. I have been charged with burglary and fraud in California. I took MoneyGrams to the Money Gram store. I was arrested and cop told me that as far as he was concerned I "made" fraudulent Moneygrams to myself and mailed them from New York to LA. I also was relieved when DA didn't charge me right away, but it was a false hope. Its been two agonizing months for me. I am unemployed and without any chance for employment even when charges are pending. The only hope is that the charges will be dismissed, otherwise I am doomed for good. Is there anyone out there who went through the ordeal or someone who heard how to go through it. I can use any help and advice. My defender is very open for anything we can find to prove my innocence.
Desperate in need for advice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:46 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

It makes me so mad when scam victims are arrested and the law enforcement says "we think you made the checks" . . . what happened to innocent until proven guilty!?!?!? :evil:

And, if they really think that you made the checks, then you would need to have the equipment and programs on your computer to do this. One search of your house and computer would PROVE that you did not do this, and do not even have the right products to do this!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch