There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Susan Art World
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:36 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Here is one I just got in my email box . . .

from mrssusandanz@yahoo.com
    Hello Dear,

Good day to you, my name is Mrs. Susan Danz, I am an artist with my husband James Danz, and we are the owner of Susan Art World .I live in London United Kingdom (UK) with my two kids, two cats, one dog. It is definitely a full house.I have been doing artwork since I was a small child. That gives me about 23 years of experience. I majored in art in high school and took a few college art courses.

Most of my work is done in either pencil or airbrush mixed with color pencils. I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer. I have been selling my art for the last 3 years and have had my work featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines. I have sold my art works & galleries to private companies in America (USA).I'm always facing serious difficulties when it comes to Payment, This is because all my customers in America are always offering to pay with U.S PostalMoney Order, It is very difficult for me to cash U.S ostal Money Orders here in London United Kingdom U.K, The British Government does not permit U.S Postal Money Orders in United Kingdon UK.Right now, I'm looking for a representative in the (America) who can be helping me to cash the Money Orders in(America) and send me the cash to me here in London (U.K), I have a lot of customers in America and they all want to pay me with U.S Postal Money Orders, so I write you to seek for your help!
    , I want you to be my partner in America so that all my customers can be issuing the Money Orders to your name and you will Cash the Money Orders and send Cash to me here in London UK.

If you accept this offer, you will stand the chance of receiving 10% of the total money which my customers owe me, I will order all my customers to raise Money Orders in your name and send it to you, Then when you receive the Money Orders and cash them, you will deduct 10% from the total money and send the balance to me here in London UK, This project is 100% risk free and it is legal from the American Government, if you are interested, kindly send me the below information's:

1. Your Complete Full Names.
    2. Your Residential Address.
    3. Your Telephone Number or Your Mobile Phone Number For Communication.

Once again, This project is 100% risk free and it is legal from the America Government and here with the British Government, so fill free to make up your mind and email me back with the above information's to enable us proceed.

Thanks for finding time to read my proposal, kindly replywith my private email address:as soon as you can.

Friendly Regards.
    Mrs. Susan Danz.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Here is mine - and my reply back to them
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm 

Hello,

Good day to you, my name is Miss Marshall Babra, I am an artist with my husband Tommy Bryant, and we are the owner of Susan Art World. I live in London United Kingdom (UK) with my two kids, four cats, one dog and the love of my life my husband Tommy Bryant, it is definitely a full house.

I have been doing artwork since I was a small child. That gives me about 23 years of experience. I majored in art in high school and took a few college art courses. Most of my work is done in either pencil or air brush mixed with color pencils. I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer. I have been selling my art for the last 3 years and have had my work featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines. I have marketed Most of my art works & galleries to private companies in your country.

I am always facing serious difficulties when it comes to payments, Most of my customers in your country are always offering to pay with their POSTAL MONEY ORDER, And it is very difficult for me to cash the POSTAL MONEY ORDER HERE in London United Kingdom, The British Government does not permit Such POSTAL MONEY ORDER IN UNITED KINGDOM .

Right now, I'm looking for a representative in your country who can be helping me to cash the MONEY ORDER and send the cash to any of the company branch given to you at that particular time), I have a lot of customers in your country who wants to pay me with their POSTAL MONEY
ORDER, so I write you to seek for your help, I want you to be my partner / representative in your country, so that all my customers can be issuing the MONEY ORDER on your name and send to you, you will only need to CASH THE MONEY ORDER and send CASH to the company

If you accept this offer, you will stand the chance of receiving 15 PERCENT from all the money which you receive from my customers on my behalf, upon your acceptance I will order all my customers to raise MONEY ORDER on your name and send it to you, then when you receive the MONEY ORDER and cash them, you will deduct 15% from the total money and send the balance to the company branch information given to you through western union .

This project is 100% risk free and it is a legitimate transaction , if you are interested, kindly send me the below information's,there are some customers that are about making their payments through Money Order.So if you respond to this email with the below information's then i will forward it to my customer immediately :

1. Your Complete
Full Names.
2. Your Age
3. Your Residential Address.
4. Your Telephone Number or Your Mobile Phone Number For Communication.

Finally, i await to hear from you if you are interested and be informed that i want absolute trust, honesty and transparency in this,Get back to me with the above informations to enable us proceed. Thanks for finding time to read my proposal.

Friendly Regards,

Miss. Marshall Babra.
Monomark House, 27 Old Gloucester Street , London WC1N 3XX
Tel: +44 702 401 4621
Fax: +44 707 831 9489.

My email back to them

Are you serious? Do you think people will actually fall for this. The same "idea" is one of the most broadcast scams played on "our" tv and radio. Same thing just different person and different profession. Hell, someone just got roped off for doing this to some old lady with ebay and paypal. But hey, if your making money. Don't bring that sh*t here. If someone is stupid enough to fall for it then I guess they will learn an expensive life lesson. And if I am wrong,which I know I'm not, Sorry. And by the way that picture of "you" does not look under 30 years old. "You" look at least 40. So you might want to adjust your text about doing art your entire life. About 23 years. Ya right."you will stand the chance of receiving 15 PERCENT" . Stand the chance?? And what if I don't send you any money? Then what. Do you think a legitimate dealer would just trust another individual to cash a check in their name and send "you" 85% of it. Come on!! Wait wait let me guess, I give "you" money in advance. Right? But hell the phone numbers,names and addresses are worth a pretty penny to Spam junkies and telemarketers right? Thats how you got my email in the first place.

I would like to thank this web site and everyone who posts here. I know there is nothing we can really do about stuff like this but we can stay informed and help inform each other. Thanks to all.