ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm a victim... My story's a little different
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:55 pm 
So ya I'm a victim. I only wish I found this sooner... But I dont know what to do now. Unlike others... I did not cash the counterfeit checks at my bank...I went the the Currency Exchange.

Lets start from the begining.

I get an email from priestfrank@yahoo.com

well.i can assist u financially.
i belive that is okey..
do get back to me with your full name,contact address and telephone number .i will instruct my client to send u a money order.
is that okey.

I am indeed ready to help you out.I am presently on a missionary trip outside the US,As for the payment ,you have nothing to worry about.I have spoken to a client of mine in the US who is owing me some funds in US DOLLARS, i will instruct him to issue a Money Order of $2,000 in your name, you will have the Money Order cashed and deduct $500 for your education,you then get the remaining balance sent via western union money transfer to a motherless home which i will give u their name and address.If this is okay by you,
I want you to kindly get back to me asap ,so that I can forward your contact details to my client who will issue the Money Order.
Your urgent reply and understanding will be highly appreciated.
Priest.
[/i][/i][/i]

Naive me I fall into his sob story. I get the money orders and I take them to my bank... but they tell me I can only take out 500. So i go to the Currency Exchange and they cash the three money orders that were sent each was for $920. Then I send them Western Union to Nigeria.

Yesturday He write back and tell me he needs my assistance. And that another priest would like to donate to the Clinic in Nigeria so he sends them. And then I take a look at them... and they seem to be really weird. So I go do USPS.com and check if my Postal Money Order is good or not.. and low and behold I end up finding this site...

OMG I cant believe this happened to me. I just emailed PriestFrank@yahoo.com and told him I no longer want communication with him and his money orders are in the garbage... then....
this is what he writes back to me...

all i want you to do is to make sure u send the mother
less home their fund cos i just receive their mail
now.

What should I do now... Please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:16 pm 

Chi-Gal- Has the currency place contacted you yet regarding the fake money orders?
Next. Do not chat with that so-called priest anymore, block his emails and do not communicate with him anymore, turn him into yahoo at abuse@yahoo.com as a scammer so they will take down his email. Do not listen to him, he is a scammer no matter what he says!

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:33 pm 
No the Currency Exchange has not contacted me and it has been exactly a week that I went there. I'm scared that they will contact the Police and have me arrested. What should I do? Should I contact the currency exchange and tell them what happened? But if I do then I might be in more trouble

I've just reported his email to abuse@yahoo.com. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am 

Sunray ~ I was scammed in September of this year. I will post my entire story later today, but for now I'd Love to comment about Yahoo briefly.
I received a job offer from someone with a Yahoo email address, who claimed he saw my Resume on Careerbuilders.
I Reported this CREEP to Yahoo that he was involved in Criminal Activity, along with an entire email and the headers from HIM.
Would you 'believe' that Ben Knott<< sent me an Invitation to be his Buddy on Yahoo Messenger, just 3 Days Ago!!
Yup....he did.
So, I thought reporting HIM to Yahoo Abuse is what was supposed to get 'rid of him'.
What else are we to do ?
We are ALL doing the right thing by reporting this Creeps in writing and by phone, and by emails, and yet it continues.
Wow...I sure am obsessed with finding out how to End these nightmares.
Innocent people in America are being hurt every day, and these Big Businesses are watching us Crash and Burn. They are not losing any money, because they are protected by the FDIC, and don't lose a dime.
Hmmmmmmmmm ok I said I'd explain my whole situation later....so I'll make this brief.
Cindy ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:47 pm 
Jazz2222 wrote:
Sunray ~ I was scammed in September of this year. I will post my entire story later today, but for now I'd Love to comment about Yahoo briefly.
I received a job offer from someone with a Yahoo email address, who claimed he saw my Resume on Careerbuilders.
I Reported this CREEP to Yahoo that he was involved in Criminal Activity, along with an entire email and the headers from HIM.
Would you 'believe' that Ben Knott<< sent me an Invitation to be his Buddy on Yahoo Messenger, just 3 Days Ago!!
Yup....he did.
So, I thought reporting HIM to Yahoo Abuse is what was supposed to get 'rid of him'.
What else are we to do ?
We are ALL doing the right thing by reporting this Creeps in writing and by phone, and by emails, and yet it continues.
Wow...I sure am obsessed with finding out how to End these nightmares.
Innocent people in America are being hurt every day, and these Big Businesses are watching us Crash and Burn. They are not losing any money, because they are protected by the FDIC, and don't lose a dime.Hmmmmmmmmm ok I said I'd explain my whole situation later....so I'll make this brief.
Cindy ~

FDIC insurance protects the consumer upp to $100,000 in case of a bank failure, it has nothing to do with insurance for the bank.

What country are you from Cindy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 pm 

Dear Armac; I'm in the good old U.S. of A. of course. I mean no disrespect, and I appreciate you explaining who the FDIC protects, but since you work in the Banking Industry, I'm fairly sure that you knew 'what I was trying to say ' :)
With All of Us that have gotten Beaten, and our Lives 'what they were' destroyed, we have contacted every organization from the FDIC, FTC, CPS,FBI, SS, BBB,,,,,,and any other series of letters we had the knowledge of and Nothing Has Been Done to Help Us, in any way shape or form.
If you are asking that I feel sorry for the Banking Industry, I don't. I did business with my Bank for over 30 years, and when I brought in 10 money orders it should have raised a Red Flag. I even called 2 days later when they told me the money orders would clear, to ask how to withdraw the funds, and they said 'write a personal check for the amount you want to withdraw', and that's it.
Please, you know as well as I do that Banks just take this as a Write-Off, just like Credit Card Companies do when their debt isn't paid.
We can't write our loss off on our Income Taxes.
The Postal Service hasn't lost any money.
They send the U.S.<<<Postal Money Orders Back to Our Banks, Credit Unions, (in some cases Credit Cashing Places), and then we are Stuck Trying to Figure out what to do.
I'm no vigilante, but I refuse to LIE down and let Banks get away with the fact that They Were Notified to Watch Out.
I have been computing since 1997, and Avoided every scam out there.
How was I to know that when someone got my Resume from Careerbuilders that looked and sounded legitimate; I checked him out with the BBB and his website; and trusted FedEx ; and had no idea that this Nightmare even existed.
It was 'not' until I took the second 'Job' directly to the U.S. Post Office to cash the money orders, rather than using my Bank that I was told 'they were all counterfeit'. Thank God !
So, the first deposit of $8200 bounced higher than a rubber ball, I got charged for every single money order; and every check I wrote for my bills in September bounced, and my Creditors are driving me crazy with me sending letters back and forth.
I Honestly don't believe this situation is hopeless, and I'm Very, Very, Grateful that Shawn has this forum.
Believe it or NOT, on September 7th I came home from the Post Office Scared to Death; typed in SCAM; and I found all of you.
Sorry if I have said anything that might get misinterpreted....if I did then I apologize.
I'm am not quitting.....
Cindy ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:54 pm 

Chi ? I see your last post was in July this year. Do you have any new information ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:10 pm 
Banking is a business for profit, we are not able to charge off losses on a whim. You Credit card company does not just charge off losses, they report you to the credit bureaus and seek liens against your assets. There is no insurance that the bank has that reimburses us for losses like you are referring to.