ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craglist M O Scam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:12 am 

I want to start off by saying I've read similar posts and that I understand how these scams effect your everyday lives.I had posted my xbox 360 on craiglist for 240 and immediately someone by the name of Karon offered me 280 for it.She stated that I give her all my info (name,adress,etc) and that I would recieve a confirmation email.Anyway I recieved it from "SERVICE @USPS.COM" <homelinks@accountant.com> , which I now know isn't even associated with USPS:

Dear ******,
Congratulations! The order placed by the buyer of your item,Miss Kate Sharon to have a United States Postal Service branded Money OrderSM $280.00(USD) sent to you as payment for the item:Xbox has been successfully processed and APPROVED.
The financial details of the transaction are stated below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in US$)
Auction Site :Craigslist
Item Description :Xbox
TOTAL : $280.00
=============================================================================
The Money OrderSM will be delivered to your contact information below, Please verify that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification and.....................
The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your residence until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
Once shipment has been verified, You will receive an " ORDER DISPATCHED" email from United States Postal Service informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched.

I thought this way was great deal so i emailed her back as told.Then I sent her the console with the invoice and label she emailed me.Then a few days after that I received the 280 MO.I thought for sure it was good, so I took it and cashed it at a local check cashing store.I asked them if it was real,and the cashier said yes.But a couple days later after telling a friend about the deal he gives me a link to this website, not knowing that I already cashed the M O and payed bills. I am really scared because I'm a broke 20 year old taking care of my son and I don't want to be prosecuted for a stupid video game sale gone bad, let alone $280.I don't really care about the console, I need to know what to do now b/c I don't even have that kind of cash on hand.What will happen when they find out?

Will I need a lawyer for a 300 scam on me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:44 am 
Contact the check cashing store, try to make arrangements to make payments